Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-25-2022, 10:23 AM   #23
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
im surprised to hear the feedback about their customer service.

The team has been great; they always have been reasonable and did their best to make customers happy.

If you have not done so yet, I recommend calling them, and maybe you'll have better luck getting them to resolve the issue.
Dude, I replied on another thread to you on the exact same topic that they had ghosted me. Multiple people have had the exact same issue, and in every single case Valvetronic has told them to pound sand. There is nothing surprising about this
Appreciate 1
Insane435476.50
      01-25-2022, 11:08 AM   #24
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
Dude, I replied on another thread to you on the exact same topic that they had ghosted me. Multiple people have had the exact same issue, and in every single case Valvetronic has told them to pound sand. Nothing is surprising about this
Im not disputing that there are complaints, but my personal experience with them has been great. They consistently went above and beyond with my customers and tried their best to be fair and help

They call me now and then to get feedback on what they can do better in terms of products, support, pricing, etc... That's a sign of a company that cares.

Im hoping this gets resolved soon for everyone

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2022, 12:13 PM   #25
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD

Quote:
Im not disputing that there are complaints, but my personal experience with them has been great. They consistently went above and beyond with my customers and tried their best to be fair and help

They call me now and then to get feedback on what they can do better in terms of products, support, pricing, etc... That's a sign of a company that cares.

Im hoping this gets resolved soon for everyone
Mike I’ve seen you on these forums a lot helping other members to get the parts they want at a reasonable price. Your customer service has been top notch in my eyes. So if you have a line of communication to them and they ask for feedback I would let them know that customer service is the one area where they can definitely improve in. Their products sound great, we just want the customer service to match.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 03:22 PM   #26
Jon H
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GT3

Quote:

What do you tell them?

M3Cx, E92 M3 6MT
Previous cars: '21 Supra, '17 GT-R, '15 GT3, '13 GT-R '09 GT-R, '06 Z06, '06 Evo MR, '05 M3, '03 Evo, '00 Miata.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 05:52 PM   #27
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Adaptive View Post
Mike I’ve seen you on these forums a lot helping other members to get the parts they want at a reasonable price. Your customer service has been top notch in my eyes. So if you have a line of communication to them and they ask for feedback I would let them know that customer service is the one area where they can definitely improve in. Their products sound great, we just want the customer service to match.
got it, I will make sure to deliver this message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon H View Post
What do you tell them?
I give them my honest opinion on what's going well and what needs to be improved. I can't share the details on a public forum

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 07:22 AM   #28
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 DRAVIT GREY 6SPEED

G80_Soom just installed the titanium rear section. He has their single mid pipe and down pipes but not sure what brand.
Appreciate 1
G80_Soom522.50
      01-27-2022, 07:45 AM   #29
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

G80_Soom How do you like it?

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 11:36 AM   #30
R44 Performance
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: Part of the process%E2%80%A6

Assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikuchi897 View Post
Hey guys,

Recently got a Valvetronic catback and decided to put it on with my R44 Downpipe and have had major issues with install. Has anyone successfully done this yet? The midpipe doesn't fully link to the Downpipes and the pipe is so pulled it's touch the trans heat shield. Tried to reach out to valvetronics and they're saying it's the downpipes but the shop is saying the midpipe wasn't cut right.

Any suggestions would be great!
Hey!

Sorry to see that you are running into some teething issues getting this to pair up. Im not here to point any fingers at all and would love to see how our down pipes sound on a different system.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I have had our head tech look over it and he thinks the cat-back system needs some minor mods to bring it a little bit close. Did you have any problems when you were running our cat-back with the down pipes?

I look forward to speaking soon
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 11:28 AM   #31
G80_Soom
Freude am fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3 6MT IOMG/KO

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
G80_Soom How do you like it?
I love it! Looks and sounds phenomenal. Pops are louder and sound better. My setup may not be everyone's taste as it is paired with catless downpipes. It is very loud and has some race car rasp but I wouldn't have it any other way. For those who want to be a little tamer, I recommend the full setup without catless downpipes. I will have soundclips soon of the new setup.
'13 F30 Estoril Blue 335i 6MT
#savethemanuals
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 12:03 PM   #32
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, BMW G80 IOMG M3 MANUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80_Soom View Post
I love it! Looks and sounds phenomenal. Pops are louder and sound better. My setup may not be everyone's taste as it is paired with catless downpipes. It is very loud and has some race car rasp but I wouldn't have it any other way. For those who want to be a little tamer, I recommend the full setup without catless downpipes. I will have soundclips soon of the new setup.
What's your thoughts titanium vs stainless as far as sound goes? Does it make much difference?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 01:01 PM   #33
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80_Soom View Post

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 11:45 PM   #34
rmeitz167
bmw tech
Rep
Drives: g80 m3

A lot of these Chinese exhausts have little fitment issues. We have had issues with their products for various cars. They usually listen to feedback and get them corrected.
Mainentance-Repair-Performance
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 06:26 PM   #35
G80_Soom
Freude am fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3 6MT IOMG/KO

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
What's your thoughts titanium vs stainless as far as sound goes? Does it make much difference?
I did not have stainless steel catback setup so I cannot differentiate between the two. My previous setup was just downpipes and midpipe. I only added the titanium rear section and can only comment on that vs the stock muffler setup. The loudness level is about the same and the pops are better. It's a tad bit raspier but I gladly take that for the lighter weight and amazing looks.

My recommendation:

Mid-Pipe only - If you want a good bit louder than stock while not being super loud and minimal rasp. This is probably good enough for most and how it should've sounded from the factory.

Full stainless/titanium catback - Very similar sound to above setup with lighter weight and better flow. Titanium will be lightest, slightly better sounding, and best looking.

Mid-pipe + catless dp - Very aggressive but still sounds great. You get the increased performance from DP and loudness. Still deep all through 4.5K RPM but some rasp above 5K.

Full stainless/titanium catback + catless dp - Most aggressive - Will have little bit more rasp but better flow and lighter weight. Titanium being the lightest, best quality, and sounding.

If I were to pick between stainless steel and titanium I would go titanium even with the $1300 price difference. It's very aggressively priced and you know you're getting the best sounding, looking, and quality.

The factory valve control works fantastic on each setup so you can go quiet in efficient mode whenever you want. No drone on efficient in all those setups.
'13 F30 Estoril Blue 335i 6MT
#savethemanuals

Last edited by G80_Soom; 01-30-2022 at 06:46 AM..
Appreciate 2
LuckyBrand1141.50
BMWM4CX281.50
      02-03-2022, 09:11 PM   #36
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435ix M Sport EWG

Quote:

The team has been great; they always have been reasonable and did their best to make customers happy.

If you have not done so yet, I recommend calling them, and maybe you'll have better luck getting them to resolve the issue.
I bought an exhaust from them and it was one of the worst experiences with a vendor. They lie about timing and also didn't send me everything I needed. I would avoid them at all costs. I am not the only person who has had bad experiences either. Total mickey mouse operation.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 09:04 AM   #37
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane435 View Post
I bought an exhaust from them and it was one of the worst experiences with a vendor. They lie about timing and also didn't send me everything I needed. I would avoid them at all costs. I am not the only person who has had bad experiences either. Total mickey mouse operation.
Im sorry to hear that

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 07:38 PM   #38
DCT OFF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M sports,2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 F10 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I was thinking of purchasing their mid pipe for my M3 guess I keep looking
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 09:57 PM   #39
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCT OFF View Post
Please do not. Save yourself the headaches.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 10:01 PM   #40
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Inked customs pipe fit like a well worn glove
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 02:51 PM   #41
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCT OFF View Post
Quote:
Quote:

It's a shame, I really like the sound, but I think it's been pretty much proven at this stage, by multiple people, that if for some reason it doesn't go well, the company will tell you to pound sand and refuse to acknowledge the issue. If your one fits well then not an issue, and I believe the majority did fit well, but you are rolling the dice. Certainly I haven't heard of anyone having an issue where the company has actually stepped up and offered to help in anyway
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 06:30 PM   #42
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
It's a shame, I really like the sound, but I think it's been pretty much proven at this stage, by multiple people, that if for some reason it doesn't go well, the company will tell you to pound sand and refuse to acknowledge the issue. If your one fits well then not an issue, and I believe the majority did fit well, but you are rolling the dice. Certainly I haven't heard of anyone having an issue where the company has actually stepped up and offered to help in anyway
If only you knew what ended up happening with my situation. Lets just say i ended up with a free exhaust because of their negligence. I literally shipped it back to them and told them they refunded me already. Insane how poorly run that business is.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 06:40 AM   #43
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, BMW G80 IOMG M3 MANUAL

So a couple of weeks ago I ordered this exhaust (Full cat back) even with all the negative talk. I saved some serious money from what regular prices are now as it was on sale and I knew I was taking a chance but I gotta admit now that this thread has resurfaced with more bad reviews I am fearful of what's to come? It does maybe appear on some of there pics from there website that maybe they've added a flex pipe to the midpipe? Some pics have it and some don't. The titanium does and the stainless has some with and some without. Maybe this will change the tide some if they all come with that now but who knows if they will retrofit existing pipes already made? I don't know man but I just don't want any headaches. Guess when I receive it in a few weeks hopefully I won't. Definitely update the thread with my experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 08:31 AM   #44
kikuchi897
Private
Rep
Drives: 13' 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
So a couple of weeks ago I ordered this exhaust (Full cat back) even with all the negative talk. I saved some serious money from what regular prices are now as it was on sale and I knew I was taking a chance but I gotta admit now that this thread has resurfaced with more bad reviews I am fearful of what's to come? It does maybe appear on some of there pics from there website that maybe they've added a flex pipe to the midpipe? Some pics have it and some don't. The titanium does and the stainless has some with and some without. Maybe this will change the tide some if they all come with that now but who knows if they will retrofit existing pipes already made? I don't know man but I just don't want any headaches. Guess when I receive it in a few weeks hopefully I won't. Definitely update the thread with my experience.
Here's the final outcome of what I had to add to get flanges to line up properly while also having to cut the mount and move it so it wasn't pulling the bolt at an angle…

Hope you don't have this issue, it was a massive headache. Yes, I even tried to put my stock downpipes in to see if it was that too.

Ended up having to spend $800 for three shops to look at it until a solution came of it. All I'll say is skip to a shop that can weld if you have issues installing, chances are it's not alignment issues like they claim… it's just not the correct length or the flange isn't at the right angle.
Attached Images

LuckyBrand1141.50