Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-08-2022, 01:05 PM   #45
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
It's interesting how some of you are willing to take shots at me because you are so unhappy with the name of this thread - even though the first posts clearly explains everything you need to know.

Maybe you would have skipped the thread had it been named something else?

You guys must get pretty pissed off at the nightly news or internet news articles.

The GTR Platform?

That's the platform that never stops giving to me.
I literally can't tune or make parts for that platform fast enough.

I tune on average of 10 of those a week. If you want to put some shade on me, you probably shouldn't do it on one of the most successful platforms I've ever worked on.

If you trash a stock car and bring it into the dealer to get fixed they will also tell you to kick rocks. Just because a car is 100000% untouched doesn't mean they will fix everything for free.

Defending the error? It's not a error.
Internet news articles and headlines are supposed to be summaries of what entails within the post/article. This thread's title is factually incorrect, thus it warrants the responses you're getting. If I clicked on a news headline that said "100% effective cure for lung cancer!" and the article states that the cure is actually 50% effective, then I won't give a shit that the article itself clearly says that it's 50% effective right off the bat in the actual article - it misled me with a false headline, just like you are and have done.

You're also missing the point about your brand's reputation. How many sales you purportedly make is irrelevant. A Google search of "Visconti tuning" and clicking the 3rd link on the GTR Life forums tells anyone all they need to know about the type of person you are and the company you run.

I'm not sure what you mean by "trash a stock car", but my statement still stands: bringing a G8X into a BMW service centre with your tune for any serious engine-related warranty work will get denied. If there's a 5% chance of BMW covering something, it's still 5% - it'd be 0% with an ECU tune. Comparing an ECU tune to "trashing a stock car" speaks for itself. No one should modify their ECU unless they're willing to fork out big money in case shit hits the fan.

The car is modified, and there's nothing else to it. It's an error, but it's absolutely hilarious that this is the hill you want to die on - arguing whether a car with an ECU tune is a " bone stock" car
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2022, 03:28 PM   #46
CanesM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 Twilight Purple/Ivory

I was just reading some reviews of these guys and id recommend anyone thinking of using them, to go read the reviews
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 03:40 PM   #47
ZulaM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesM4 View Post
I was just reading some reviews of these guys and id recommend anyone thinking of using them, to go read the reviews
Reviews shine an interesting light for sure... I second this.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 10:42 PM   #48
Visconti
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M3 & MSport 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Internet news articles and headlines are supposed to be summaries of what entails within the post/article. This thread's title is factually incorrect, thus it warrants the responses you're getting. If I clicked on a news headline that said "100% effective cure for lung cancer!" and the article states that the cure is actually 50% effective, then I won't give a shit that the article itself clearly says that it's 50% effective right off the bat in the actual article - it misled me with a false headline, just like you are and have done.

You're also missing the point about your brand's reputation. How many sales you purportedly make is irrelevant. A Google search of "Visconti tuning" and clicking the 3rd link on the GTR Life forums tells anyone all they need to know about the type of person you are and the company you run.

I'm not sure what you mean by "trash a stock car", but my statement still stands: bringing a G8X into a BMW service centre with your tune for any serious engine-related warranty work will get denied. If there's a 5% chance of BMW covering something, it's still 5% - it'd be 0% with an ECU tune. Comparing an ECU tune to "trashing a stock car" speaks for itself. No one should modify their ECU unless they're willing to fork out big money in case shit hits the fan.

The car is modified, and there's nothing else to it. It's an error, but it's absolutely hilarious that this is the hill you want to die on - arguing whether a car with an ECU tune is a " bone stock" car
wow you're really stuck on that thread title huh, it makes me chuckle.

The point your missing is if my brand's reputation was anything like you were hinting or as bad as anyone wrote about I wouldn't be as busy as I am... right? or am I missing something.

I never said your statement was wrong, I just pointed out that keeping your car STOCK doesn't mean BMW replaces everything that goes wrong. If you trash the car BMW doesn't have to do anything.

Trashing a car means abusing the car - you can do this without a tune. There's no warranty for abuse. The warranty is to replace items that have worn out/broken unexpectedly or has a defect from the factory ie BEARING RECALL. If you abuse or dont maintain the car correctly don't expect anyone to cover anything.

If your G80 has a open recall for something and you tune it I dont think BMW can skip the recall.

Anyone reading this should know that if you touch anything attached to that engine you'll be risking your power train warranty.

Intakes, JB4, ECU Flash, etc etc etc... yeah, i said intakes.

Dont play unless you are prepared to own any failure that happens. The good news is the S58 is a beast and with solid tuning you have nothing to worry about.

John
Appreciate 1
GixY2K515.00
      01-09-2022, 07:32 AM   #49
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp Xdrive FDG

Quote:
Quote:

The point your missing is if my brand's reputation was anything like you were hinting or as bad as anyone wrote about I wouldn't be as busy as I am... right? or am I missing something.

I never said your statement was wrong, I just pointed out that keeping your car STOCK doesn't mean BMW replaces everything that goes wrong. If you trash the car BMW doesn't have to do anything.

Trashing a car means abusing the car - you can do this without a tune. There's no warranty for abuse. The warranty is to replace items that have worn out/broken unexpectedly or has a defect from the factory ie BEARING RECALL. If you abuse or dont maintain the car correctly don't expect anyone to cover anything.

If your G80 has a open recall for something and you tune it I dont think BMW can skip the recall.

Anyone reading this should know that if you touch anything attached to that engine you'll be risking your power train warranty.

Dont play unless you are prepared to own any failure that happens. The good news is the S58 is a beast and with solid tuning you have nothing to worry about.

John
Wow..interesting way to build customer service. By all means you both have valid points. However, is this the mountain you really want to die on?

Since you're great with tuning, maybe you should hire a service writer to deal with the customers service end of it for you. I'm very intrigue by your capabilities, however scared by your responses to potential new customers. No need to be fluffy salesman, but no need to be somewhat condescending and combative over something as silly as this.

That's just my two cents. I'm just here for the potential for S58 anyways. Hopefully these suckers can hit some low 5s to mid 4s on 60-130 with just bolts on.
2012 - Charger SRT 392 - Sold
2009 - Charger SRT 6.1 - Sold
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2022, 11:02 AM   #50
NKGK20
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M , G80 on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
Quote:
Quote:

John
Wow..interesting way to build customer service. By all means you both have valid points. However, is this the hill you really want to die on?

Since you're great with tuning, maybe you should hire a service writer to deal with the customers service end of it for you. I'm very intrigue by your capabilities, however scared by your responses to potential new customers. No need to be fluffy salesman, but no need to be somewhat condescending and combative over something as silly as this.

That's just my two cents. I'm just here for the potential for S58 anyways. Hopefully these suckers can hit some low 5s to mid 4s on 60-130 with just bolts on.
Not with just bolt-ons. You'll need a tune to be around the 5's.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 02:13 PM   #51
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp Xdrive FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKGK20 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

John
Wow..interesting way to build customer service. By all means you both have valid points. However, is this the hill you really want to die on?

I consider a tune as a natural process of a full bolt ons car.
2012 - Charger SRT 392 - Sold
2009 - Charger SRT 6.1 - Sold
Appreciate 1
GixY2K515.00
      01-09-2022, 03:53 PM   #52
NKGK20
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M , G80 on

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKGK20 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

John

I consider a tune as a natural process of a full bolt ons car.
Oh.. well yes def will. Mid 6's now with Jb4..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 09:39 PM   #53
BulkBen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, Mini x 2, Lotus x 4

Quote:
Wow..interesting way to build customer service. By all means you both have valid points. However, is this the mountain you really want to die on?

Came across this thread after seeing Visconti's attitude in this thread: https://www.gtrlife.com/threads/bewa...tuning.262826/

Everyone has the right to run a business as they like, but they are then judged by public opinion. That really doesn't look good for them when you look at the history.

I'm still amazed he/they didn't just fix everything by adding the word "hardware" in the thread title. If we put aside the affect on public opinion, if nothing else it would have saved them from wasting hours defending their wording.
Instead, they could have used this thread to garner more business.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 07:40 AM   #54
GixY2K
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 GLA45AMG(his) / '21 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkBen View Post
Came across this thread after seeing Visconti's attitude in this thread: https://www.gtrlife.com/threads/bewa...tuning.262826/

Everyone has the right to run a business as they like, but they are then judged by public opinion. That really doesn't look good for them when you look at the history.

I'm still amazed he/they didn't just fix everything by adding the word "hardware" in the thread title. If we put aside the affect on public opinion, if nothing else it would have saved them from wasting hours defending their wording.
Instead, they could have used this thread to garner more business.
Ah.... GTRLife forum.

Had I listened to the negative comments on tuners/parts suppliers in the GTRLife forum, I'd probably would have never tuned my GTR.

But after reading between the lines, hearing both sides of the story, and riding all the negative feedback from folks that I thought were just primadonnas, I went with what was considered at the time, a controversial shop, and got great costumer service for parts and connection with one of the best GT-R tuners in the nation, IMO (T.B.).

Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 12:40 PM   #55
Marshall@ViscontiTuning
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 Huracan / 2022 M3 xDrive

Little update. This car just clicked off a 9.99 - Exact same configuration. I feel there may be a tad bit of room for improvement. Maybe see a 9.8 on a perfect hit.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
DS_BMW1571.50
GixY2K515.00
      01-15-2022, 04:13 PM   #56
Machtavian
Private
Rep
Drives: F80

I think OP is referring to no bolt-ons when he says bone stock besides the tune which is not a bolt-on.
Appreciate 1
GixY2K515.00
      01-15-2022, 05:40 PM   #57
Marshall@ViscontiTuning
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 Huracan / 2022 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machtavian View Post
I think OP is referring to no bolt-ons when he says bone stock besides the tune which is not a bolt-on.
Correct. Everyone just making a big deal out of nothing. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 06:41 PM   #58
Bours
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i x-drive LCI sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall@ViscontiTuning View Post
Little update. This car just clicked off a 9.99 - Exact same configuration. I feel there may be a tad bit of room for improvement. Maybe see a 9.8 on a perfect hit.
tires and DA ? great results !
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 08:37 AM   #59
Visconti
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post
Ah.... GTRLife forum.

Had I listened to the negative comments on tuners/parts suppliers in the GTRLife forum, I'd probably would have never tuned my GTR.

But after reading between the lines, hearing both sides of the story, and riding all the negative feedback from folks that I thought were just primadonnas, I went with what was considered at the time, a controversial shop, and got great costumer service for parts and connection with one of the best GT-R tuners in the nation, IMO (T.B.).

Just my 2 cents.
Before that place was sold major threads about major shops had gone missing... but at the same time that place really active back then. Not sure if I miss it or not.
Appreciate 1
GixY2K515.00
      02-27-2022, 11:42 PM   #60
BulkBen
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Before that place was sold major threads about major shops had gone missing... but at the same time that place really active back then. Not sure if I miss it or not.
Hey Guys (Visconti) can you confirm whether the Russian / Ukraine situation changes the ability to get these ECUs to Femtoevo?

I'm not even sure if mail is still crossing over, would be good to know if it affects the unlocks.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 11:51 PM   #61
sk3let0nz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Hey Guys (Visconti) can you confirm whether the Russian / Ukraine situation changes the ability to get these ECUs to Femtoevo?

I'm not even sure if mail is still crossing over, would be good to know if it affects the unlocks.
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28634585
      02-27-2022, 11:54 PM   #62
BulkBen
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3let0nz View Post
Cheers!
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2022, 09:58 PM   #63
Visconti
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yes, we are still shipping.

Appreciate 0