01-28-2022, 11:41 AM   #551
jct_m3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

Garage List
Wow….. just read all 26 pages

My car finally got into production- i'll probably see it end of march. I'm gonna go with secondary cat and first resonator delete and Leave the second resonator in. i'll probably do it after the break in service not sure to be honest.

Here's a video that shows everything… The cuts the under carriage. Sound and drive bys. He did secondary cat and first resonator delete.

Not sure if that link will post but if not look up
"jiggle foot racing". he has a video titled exhaust mod.
MannyM5196.50
Macheins282.50
OwnerF16843.00
      01-28-2022, 08:06 PM   #552
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_g80 View Post
is cutting out both resonaters loud enough to be ignorant and loud when valves are open, but quiet enough where you can daily drive it when valves are closed
Cut it all out and it's ignant and loud and super tame in efficient.

Dual res delete was nice but left me personally wanting more.
Appreciate 1
aj_g80551.00
      01-29-2022, 10:01 AM   #553
ChrisM4
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jct_m340 View Post
Wow….. just read all 26 pages

My car finally got into production- i'll probably see it end of march. I'm gonna go with secondary cat and first resonator delete and Leave the second resonator in. i'll probably do it after the break in service not sure to be honest.

Here's a video that shows everything… The cuts the under carriage. Sound and drive bys. He did secondary cat and first resonator delete.

Not sure if that link will post but if not look up
"jiggle foot racing". he has a video titled exhaust mod.
They did a great job on his setup. For me I'd probably just remove the secondary cats and keep both resonators. Will add power and overall volume but still be really smooth sounding.
      01-29-2022, 10:06 PM   #554
DMW2315
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 | E46 M3 | E39 540i

Can somebody post a video of a Cold Start with both resonator delete and valves open (with stock cats)?

After I delete both resonators, I was going to mod the valves permanently open but need to see if it will be too loud in the AM. If it's too loud, I'll leave the valves alone and start the car with valves closed in the AM and open when I get off my street lol
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 10:32 PM   #555
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMW2315 View Post
Can somebody post a video of a Cold Start with both resonator delete and valves open (with stock cats)?

After I delete both resonators, I was going to mod the valves permanently open but need to see if it will be too loud in the AM. If it's too loud, I'll leave the valves alone and start the car with valves closed in the AM and open when I get off my street lol
The 1st YouTube link on the very first post👍🏼
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 01:22 AM   #556
Grumpy514
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3X

Garage List
Anyone have any videos comparing the Equal length mid pipe to single pipe or just regular mid pipes (not equal length) ?

I've heard some say the single is less raspy than the standard mid pipe but looking at F80 videos (some say it's similar to how they sound when you change the mid pipe layout) the EL sound less raspy?

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 10:51 AM   #557
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy514 View Post
Anyone have any videos comparing the Equal length mid pipe to single pipe or just regular mid pipes (not equal length) ?

I've heard some say the single is less raspy than the standard mid pipe but looking at F80 videos (some say it's similar to how they sound when you change the mid pipe layout) the EL sound less raspy?
the single midpipe is not as loud as the x-pipe but it's less raspy with a deeper midrange tone.

The X-pipe is an equal length for the G8x

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
OwnerF16843.00
      01-31-2022, 12:53 PM   #558
DMW2315
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 | E46 M3 | E39 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentMeister View Post
The 1st YouTube link on the very first post����
Thanks. Saw that video but wasn't sure since the title said "82 M4 resonator deletion+xpipe warm start".

To me, a Warm start means the car was warmed up already and had bypassed cold start.

Also that video has the xpipe installed so wasn't sure if that was any different in volume than straight piped for the resonator deletes.

Last edited by DMW2315; 01-31-2022 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 02:26 PM   #559
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMW2315 View Post
Quote:
The 1st YouTube link on the very first post����
Thanks. Saw that video but wasn't sure since the title said "82 M4 resonator deletion+xpipe warm start".

To me, a Warm start means the car was warmed up already and had bypassed cold start.

Also that video has the xpipe installed so wasn't sure if that was any different in volume than straight piped for the resonator deletes.
Yeah that was a "warm start" I'd been driving for a few hours… but it seems like no matter what in my car I get high idle for a few seconds after startup AND there are many different audio profiles the car has for startup it's almost never the same tbh

Hadn't noticed that I mistitled it.

I kind of doubt there would be a difference in tone for the startup on x vs straight.. but maybe
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 02:31 PM   #560
GixY2K
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 GLA45AMG(his) / '21 X3M40i

Probably another repetitive question in this thread, but...

After hearing the first video on the first post, I feel as if the video is not doing the true sound justice.

So my questions is, having just installed the PSI mid-pipe that gets rid of the secondary cats and primary and secondary resonator, how much louder would it get if I do the 'fully-opened valve' modification? Reason is, I feel as though those valves are stealing a lot of the thunder away from the sound now that I have an X-Pipe. So wondering if for those that have done both modifications feel is just right, too loud, or still not loud enough.

Note: I just finished reading all the posts on the "Opening Exhaust Flaps Fully" thread (again), and apparently, the consensus is that the valves are never truly open unless you lock them in the open position with a wire. So, I take it that unless you do this mod, the sound will still be diluted to an extent by the valves not being "fully opened".
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 02:33 PM   #561
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post

After hearing the first video on the first post, I feel as if the video is not doing the true sound justice.

So my questions is, having just installed the PSI mid-pipe that gets rid of the secondary cats and primary and secondary resonator, how much louder would it get if I do the 'fully-opened valve' modification? Reason is, I feel as though those valves are stealing a lot of the thunder away from the sound now that I have an X-Pipe. So wondering if for those that have done both modifications feel is just right, too loud, or still not loud enough.

Note: I just finished reading all the posts on the "Opening Exhaust Flaps Fully" thread (again), and apparently, the consensus is that the valves are never truly open unless you lock them in the open position with a wire. So, I take it that unless you do this mod, the sound will still be diluted to an extent by the valves not being "fully opened".
I just bought an external mic, just need to upload some fresh content and I'll post it later today, I did every variation of sound possible
Appreciate 1
GixY2K516.00
      02-01-2022, 03:03 PM   #562
Steveo
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

I read that with Autohold set to off, the revs should settle down.
Quote:
Yeah that was a "warm start" I'd been driving for a few hours… but it seems like no matter what in my car I get high idle for a few seconds after startup AND there are many different audio profiles the car has for startup it's almost never the same tbh

Hadn't noticed that I mistitled it.

I kind of doubt there would be a difference in tone for the startup on x vs straight.. but maybe
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2022, 03:04 PM   #563
Steveo
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Correct, with valves wired open it is much better and are fully open compared to standard.
Quote:

Appreciate 1
GixY2K516.00
      02-01-2022, 03:06 PM   #564
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Correct - been this way since F8X. One thing you should consider is that G8X is even more sound insulated than F8X, which was already very sound insulated to begin with. Where I'm going with this is that your car is much louder on the outside than what you perceive on the inside. An exhaust chain that has removed the secondary cats and resonators and has a muffler bypass option (open valves) is really quite loud on heavy throttle... loud enough to piss people off even though it may not seem like it from the drivers seat.

Also the valves are programmed in all modes to close under certain conditions like high gear, low rev situations to cut out drone - if you force them open, you'll experience that drone.
GixY2K516.00
      02-01-2022, 04:30 PM   #565
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Quote:
Correct - been this way since F8X. One thing you should consider is that G8X is even more sound insulated than F8X, which was already very sound insulated to begin with. Where I'm going with this is that your car is much louder on the outside than what you perceive on the inside. An exhaust chain that has removed the secondary cats and resonators and has a muffler bypass option (open valves) is really quite loud on heavy throttle... loud enough to piss people off even though it may not seem like it from the drivers seat.

Also the valves are programmed in all modes to close under certain conditions like high gear, low rev situations to cut out drone - if you force them open, you'll experience that drone.
I can confirm this. My car with the Valvetronic turns heads under half throttle. People are not impressed or anything but they look up to see what the noise is.

The car seems quiet to me with the windows up but with the windows down there is a lot of noise and over run

A few times I've blipped the throttle in neutral instead of reverse accidentally and it makes a lot of noise, again enough for people to look over.

Over all for me, I think it's the perfect balance especially with the quiet button on the valves, I flip that on when I need to be discreet
Appreciate 1
GixY2K516.00
      02-02-2022, 04:42 PM   #566
dimab0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (G82)

I recently did buy and get installed the M Performance Exhaust, whether or not people agree with that. I'm honestly still looking for something more....and think I would like to get rid of at least the first resonator (the front one, the one that is not combining the two pipes).

Is the midpipe titanium? If removing the resonator and welding straight pipes in place of it, I am concerned the weld may not be good if not done correctly. Anyone heard concerns about this? Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 04:50 PM   #567
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimab0 View Post
I recently did buy and get installed the M Performance Exhaust, whether or not people agree with that. I'm honestly still looking for something more....and think I would like to get rid of at least the first resonator (the front one, the one that is not combining the two pipes).

Is the midpipe titanium? If removing the resonator and welding straight pipes in place of it, I am concerned the weld may not be good if not done correctly. Anyone heard concerns about this? Thank you!
You would definitely be forging a new path.

Did you see the way it was welded currently?

Or is it just clamped?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 05:02 PM   #568
dimab0
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Or is it just clamped?
To clarify - M Perf Exhaust is installed after the second resonator. I'm not touching how it is connected. My midpipe is basically same as stock.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 05:07 PM   #569
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Or is it just clamped?
To clarify - M Perf Exhaust is installed after the second resonator. I'm not touching how it is connected. My midpipe is basically same as stock.
Right but I'm just curious how it's connected to the existing midpipe(stainless btw)

I imagine it has to be clamps.

You should be fine cutting out the forward resonator and putting straight pipes in place.

You'll be happy with it I bet.

Maybe even get your hands on a Vsc2 valve controller.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 07:02 PM   #570
dimab0
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Or is it just clamped?
Right but I'm just curious how it's connected to the existing midpipe(stainless btw)

I imagine it has to be clamps.

You should be fine cutting out the forward resonator and putting straight pipes in place.

You'll be happy with it I bet.

Maybe even get your hands on a Vsc2 valve controller.
Thank you. Thought it was titanium. I'll find someone in Chicago that may be able to do it. Thanks again!
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2022, 07:26 PM   #571
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

I'm hoping to install my MPE this weekend. My G80 already has a PSI mid pipe, so I can give you an idea of what it'll sound like with no resonators or secondary cats.
Appreciate 3
dimab0233.50
raywai2195.50
Sean@PSI2131.50
      02-02-2022, 07:33 PM   #572
dimab0
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
Quote:

I'm hoping to install my MPE this weekend. My G80 already has a PSI mid pipe, so I can give you an idea of what it'll sound like with no resonators or secondary cats.

Also, the OEM mid pipe, and majority of aftermarket ones are steel.
Thanks. Would love to see that. You like the psi midpipe?
Appreciate 0