BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-28-2022, 01:40 AM   #1
Grumpy514
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3X

Garage List
Build Week 10

I decided to finally pull the trigger on a build back in mid-November. I had read about the horror stories and extreme wait times some people have had to endure for getting these vehicles. I was determined to have one by summertime. Over the course of about a week I called roughly 30-40 dealerships along the east coast & mid-west inquiring about allocations/# of people on waiting list and their requirements. I put my name down & a refundable deposit at 3 locations. I heard of lists being as short as 3 people to up to 14 people waiting for an allocation. Exactly 2 weeks after putting down deposits, by some miracle I was called by my local dealer telling me he had an allocation for me & was ready to roll. We finalized a build; got the individual paint approved & I was given a production number. This deal is for MSRP, no market adjustment. I'll get a little money back with my CCA membership.

The build was finalized & submitted with my signature Dec. 6th. I have not had any updates until then, so today I called a genius & was told the website has just not updated yet & the vehicle is slated for week 10.

I’m Very excited to have ordered my first M car. The first BMW I had ordered was an F10 535i in Alpine White & 6MT with Mocha Brown Nappa leather…I was a little more daring this time around, decided to get absolutely every option I wanted without holding back. I will be picking up this vehicle via PCD. I will be flying down to Spartansburg, SC from from Northern VA with my fiance' & driving it back. Once back I have it scheduled for a full detail & PPF.

2022 M3 Comp xDrive
Twilight Purple/Tartufo Full Leather
Executive Package
Drivers Assistance Pro Package
Parking Assistance Package
M Carbon Fiber Door Sill
M Carbon Fiber Front Splitters
M Carbon Fiber Side Grilles
M Carbon Fiber trim
M compound brakes with Black Calipers
826M Black Wheels
Front ventilated seats
Icon Adaptive LED w/Laserlight
M Carbon Exterior Package
M Drive Professional
M Shadowline Lights

I'm hoping for no delays but I know how things can be. I hope to be behind the wheel sometime in May, if not June. I read where they are doing the 50th anniversary this year. Will the badging on mine automatically be 50th anniversary or is that something I have to ask for (Don't believe anything can be changed on my order at this point).

Anyone else a week 10 build? Please share!

Last edited by Grumpy514; 01-28-2022 at 09:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 03:04 AM   #2
BrooklynGreyM3
///MFlight Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3CX G80

I have the 50th anniversary badging on mine too with a week 10 build. I had to ask my SA to add it. Code for the 50th badging to add to your build is: (50 Years of M Badging 3MQ). I'm scheduled to take delivery of mine the first week of April or the end of March. I signed my paperwork on 30 Dec 21. Traded my 21 M3C RWD for 22 M3CX. Purchased my 21 M3C back in November 2020 and took delivery on release day back in March 2021.
Appreciate 1
50M105.00
      01-28-2022, 04:58 AM   #3
Digitalfujjjrel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330E BMW M3 CS

I am also schedule for week 10

G80 M3 Comp xDrive
Brooklyn Grey
Silverstone Interior
Black 826 19/20
Parking Assist
Executive Pack
Blue Calipers
M Shadowline Lights
Carbon Fiber Trim
Carbon fiber Bucket Seats
Carbon Fiber (exterior)
Icon LED Laserlights
Wireless charging
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 12:35 PM   #4
saxonp
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp. XDrive

I'm currently scheduled for week 10 as well. Placed orders with two dealerships in October and received an allocation this week. The 50th anniversary badges were added automatically to my build, and are listed in the "Standard Features" section on the BMW MyGarage tracking site.

My build:
2022 M3 Comp xDrive
Toronto Red Metallic
Silverstone full leather interior
Carbon Fiber Trim
826M Bi-color wheels
M compound brakes with Red Calipers
Driving Assistance Pro Package
Executive Package
M Drive Professional
M Shadowline lights
Front Ventilated Seats
Icon Adaptive LED Headlights
Wireless Charging with WiFi hotspot
M Carbon Exterior package
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 09:57 PM   #5
Grumpy514
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonp View Post
I'm currently scheduled for week 10 as well. Placed orders with two dealerships in October and received an allocation this week. The 50th anniversary badges were added automatically to my build, and are listed in the "Standard Features" section on the BMW MyGarage tracking site.

My build:
2022 M3 Comp xDrive
Toronto Red Metallic
Silverstone full leather interior
Carbon Fiber Trim
826M Bi-color wheels
M compound brakes with Red Calipers
Driving Assistance Pro Package
Executive Package
M Drive Professional
M Shadowline lights
Front Ventilated Seats
Icon Adaptive LED Headlights
Wireless Charging with WiFi hotspot
M Carbon Exterior package
You're right! I see it listed on mine as well.

I've had a set of IND Embelems on order since the first week of December. Front & Rear CF as well as wheel center caps. Marker deletes, I'm going to enjoy it for a little while stock before I start going crazy with mods. Eventually I'm thinking a full straight pipe exhaust & tuned for E30/E50.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 06:35 AM   #6
Hephaestus
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy514 View Post
I decided to finally pull the trigger on a build back in mid-November. I had read about the horror stories and extreme wait times some people have had to endure for getting these vehicles. I was determined to have one by summertime. Over the course of about a week I called roughly 30-40 dealerships along the east coast & mid-west inquiring about allocations/# of people on waiting list and their requirements. I put my name down & a refundable deposit at 3 locations. I heard of lists being as short as 3 people to up to 14 people waiting for an allocation. Exactly 2 weeks after putting down deposits, by some miracle I was called by my local dealer telling me he had an allocation for me & was ready to roll. We finalized a build; got the individual paint approved & I was given a production number. This deal is for MSRP, no market adjustment. I'll get a little money back with my CCA membership.

The build was finalized & submitted with my signature Dec. 6th. I have not had any updates until then, so today I called a genius & was told the website has just not updated yet & the vehicle is slated for week 10.

I’m Very excited to have ordered my first M car. The first BMW I had ordered was an F10 535i in Alpine White & 6MT with Mocha Brown Nappa leather…I was a little more daring this time around, decided to get absolutely every option I wanted without holding back. I will be picking up this vehicle via PCD. I will be flying down to Spartansburg, SC from from Northern VA with my fiance' & driving it back. Once back I have it scheduled for a full detail & PPF.

2022 M3 Comp xDrive
Twilight Purple/Tartufo Full Leather
Executive Package
Drivers Assistance Pro Package
M Carbon Fiber Door Sill
M Carbon Fiber Front Splitters
M Carbon Fiber Side Grilles
M Carbon Fiber trim
M compound brakes with Black Calipers
826M Black Wheels
Front ventilated seats
Icon Adaptive LED w/Laserlight
M Carbon Exterior Package
M Drive Professional
M Shadowline Lights

I'm hoping for no delays but I know how things can be. I hope to be behind the wheel sometime in May, if not June. I read where they are doing the 50th anniversary this year. Will the badging on mine automatically be 50th anniversary or is that something I have to ask for (Don't believe anything can be changed on my order at this point).

Anyone else a week 10 build? Please share!
Weak 10. Need a full flush

Last edited by Hephaestus; 01-29-2022 at 08:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 09:15 AM   #7
Hephaestus
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: M4

I have week 10 as well but I think it doesn’t get to Trenton till 2025

Last edited by Hephaestus; 01-29-2022 at 08:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 11:14 AM   #8
bhmax16
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M4, '23 CX-50

How are you guys receiving scheduled delivery dates? Is that really possible when the vehicles have not entered production yet and we're all more than likely to incur some delays? It currently looks like I am build week 9 but I'm still in 111 status and have no idea when to expect the vehicle here on the east coast. I hope no later than May, but with the stop sale saga it wouldn't surprise me if it's August/September.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 08:10 PM   #9
Grumpy514
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhmax16 View Post
How are you guys receiving scheduled delivery dates? Is that really possible when the vehicles have not entered production yet and we're all more than likely to incur some delays? It currently looks like I am build week 9 but I'm still in 111 status and have no idea when to expect the vehicle here on the east coast. I hope no later than May, but with the stop sale saga it wouldn't surprise me if it's August/September.
I called the BMW Genius hotline and inquired about the status of my vehicle. They will ask for the VIN or production # & give you the latest update. My vehicle currently looks like this on the website, however once I called he said my vehicle was slotted for production week 10, meaning it will finish production first week of March. The likelihood of it staying week 10 is pretty slim given all the delays but I will remain hopeful.

Appreciate 1
bhmax16164.00