BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-25-2021, 11:45 AM   #1
Highflyingbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i msport, M3CX

Allocations at a larger volume dealer or smaller volume?

So I have been reading the forum here and was able to get a test drive from a fellow enthusiast in our local bmw club here in MN. Awesome car and pumped coming from my tuned G30 540i.

Question I have is I am on a few waiting lists in the state. 2 are bigger higher volume dealers (7 and 5) on the list. I have found a smaller volume dealer where I would be number 2 on the list but I am wondering in today's environment what you guys are seeing for allocations from smaller dealers.

Do you see more of the larger volume dealers getting the allocations quicker then the smaller volume? I have read some have called all over the country to find a allocation. I plan on doing a pcd on the M3CX when I get the order in.

Thanks 🏎
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 11:52 AM   #2
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

High volume dealers get more allocations but also tend to have longer lists. Low volume dealers may not get any allocations for a month or two but tend to have shorter or no list. Hard to answer but get on both I would say.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 11:57 AM   #3
Highflyingbimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfit View Post
High volume dealers get more allocations but also tend to have longer lists. Low volume dealers may not get any allocations for a month or two but tend to have shorter or no list. Hard to answer but get on both I would say.
Yea I am on all the lists right now. Just wondering if people are seeing allocations from smaller volume dealers too or it's more of a rare item. I talked to one of the dealers and they got the December allocations today. They got one. I am number 5 on their list. Waiting to see if the other dealers got one or not.

Part of my issue is my lease is up end of January. They stated if I want to extend 2 months I need a deposit. Then once I have a allocation I can extend another 4 months with deposit.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 12:09 PM   #4
calbears
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CS,2017 F87 LBB M2

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2017 M2  [10.00]
2018 M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyingbimmer View Post
Yea I am on all the lists right now. Just wondering if people are seeing allocations from smaller volume dealers too or it's more of a rare item. I talked to one of the dealers and they got the December allocations today. They got one. I am number 5 on their list. Waiting to see if the other dealers got one or not.

Part of my issue is my lease is up end of January. They stated if I want to extend 2 months I need a deposit. Then once I have a allocation I can extend another 4 months with deposit.
You can extend 2 months without having a production number for a new vehicle. To go 6 months, you need a production number.
Past: E90 328i, F10 535i, F80 M3 (murdered)
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2021, 12:13 PM   #5
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:

I am on a higher volume dealer list and I pinged them today to see if they got their allocations...crickets so far
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 12:33 PM   #6
Highflyingbimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Quote:

I am on a higher volume dealer list and I pinged them today to see if they got their allocations...crickets so far
Yea I heard from one of them but not the other yet on if they got any. I know last month they got 1 and the others got 0. With how small the number of allocations were put out next month that's good. But waiting to hear from the other larger dealer.

I think it's good to know what allocations are being distributed out there.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 12:36 PM   #7
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Yea I heard from one of them but not the other yet on if they got any. I know last month they got 1 and the others got 0. With how small the number of allocations were put out next month that's good. But waiting to hear from the other larger dealer.

I suspect you tried in Madison and into Iowa too?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 12:47 PM   #8
Highflyingbimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
Quote:

I suspect you tried in Madison and into Iowa too?
No I have not branched out to Madison or Iowa yet. I think I might call today.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 03:04 PM   #9
Team Tonka
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 xDrive Comp.

Quote:
Ha. I have. I'm on a lot of lists. Nothing.... but, I am #1 on some lists and #2 on some others at neighboring states.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 03:06 PM   #10
Highflyingbimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Tonka View Post
Quote:
Ha. I have. I'm on a lot of lists. Nothing.... but, I am #1 on a fair amount of them at neighboring states.
Well did you hit up all the neighboring states? I better start calling around to see where I can get on a list closer to #1 lol. If you get a call pm me the other dealers to have that I might be able to get a shorter list!!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 03:08 PM   #11
Team Tonka
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 xDrive Comp.

Quote:
Well did you hit up all the neighboring states? I better start calling around to see where I can get on a list closer to #1 lol. If you get a call pm me the other dealers to have that I might be able to get a shorter list!!
Will do!
Appreciate 0