Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Install View Post
I'm getting the dealer to fit R44 front splitter and side skirts before collection. Have wheel spacers and IND black roundals also planned.
What (if any) mods are you planning on doing to the car??
Starting off easy.

Then, I'd like to add some CF.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Tyga113233.50
02M3ForMe4261.50
JMU_BMW152.50
      10-20-2021, 09:16 AM   #24
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Looks amazing. That is a hell of a spec right there. Congrats.

Great choice going with full leather also. That is a MUST option. There is so much plastic if you don't go full leather and the black does not look good.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13442.00
      10-20-2021, 09:40 AM   #25
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
Looks amazing. That is a hell of a spec right there. Congrats.

Great choice going with full leather also. That is a MUST option. There is so much plastic if you don't go full leather and the black does not look good.
Thank you. Everytime I've gone out to the car, whether it be at the dealer, or in the garage, and it's been like 5-6 times, now. The first experience you have with the car, is seeing it, and then getting into it. Open the door and it just smacks you in the face with leather smell. I love it.

Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4261.50
      10-20-2021, 09:49 AM   #26
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Thank you. Everytime I've gone out to the car, whether it be at the dealer, or in the garage, and it's been like 5-6 times, now. The first experience you have with the car, is seeing it, and then getting into it. Open the door and it just smacks you in the face with leather smell. I love it.
The contrast with the bi-color 826 wheels works really well with that color.

I can only imagine how the car feels with ceramics...I wish mine had them. Drive in good health! And good luck not getting a ticket
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13442.00
      10-20-2021, 10:56 AM   #27
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
Quote:
The contrast with the bi-color 826 wheels works really well with that color.

I can only imagine how the car feels with ceramics...I wish mine had them. Drive in good health! And good luck not getting a ticket
The CCBs are also about, 35 pounds lighter, per set. So, that makes a difference in the driving dynamic, as well. Plus the almost total lack of brake dust is just about worth the price of admission, for me.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 11:14 AM   #28
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Congratulations on the car!! It looks great with CCB's. It seems like you were waiting forever like many of us for it.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13442.00
      10-20-2021, 11:31 AM   #29
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Congratulations on the car!! It looks great with CCB's. It seems like you were waiting forever like many of us for it.
Thanks, AR. And it seems like it's been a long time, but I actually wouldn't trade any of it. This is my first BMW, and I went big. I think this whole process just makes you appreciate the car, even more. Im glad I got to order the car, the way I wanted it, and it was exciting, waiting for it to get delivered.

There are some frustrations, along the way, but its all really due to impatience. Now, I will agree that ridiculously long, like over 15 day waits at the port, for stop sales, is idiotic, but I waited 8, not terrible, by any means. I'm just glad to have it, for a day, anyway. Im dropping it off in a few hours, to spend a week at tint, PPF and ceramic.

Appreciate 3
      10-20-2021, 11:35 AM   #30
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, AR. And it seems like it's been a long time, but I actually wouldn't trade any of it. This is my first BMW, and I went big. I think this whole process just makes you appreciate the car, even more. Im glad I got to order the car the way I wanted it, and it was exciting, waiting for it to get delivered. There are some frustrations, along the way, but its all really due to impatience. Now, I will agree that ridiculously long, like over 15 day waits at the port, for stop sales, is idiotic, but I waited 8, not terrible, by any means. Im just glad to have it, for a day, anyway. Im dropping it off in a few hours, to spend a week at tint, PPF and ceramic.
Let us know your thoughts once you get to drive it more. Mine is getting the break-in service done as we speak.

This is my 4th BMW and 2nd M car. I love it despite missing some of the fun my M2 offered. I didn't break mine in per BMW fully so I'm sending my diff and engine oil to the lab since I wanted to see if it even matters. I'm an engineer so this is a bit of an experiment for me at the expense, maybe, Of my power train

Enjoy the drives, it's hard to keep it within the RPM limit since the car just wants to be free and go.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 11:49 AM   #31
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Let us know your thoughts once you get to drive it more. Mine is getting the break-in service done as we speak.

This is my 4th BMW and 2nd M car. I love it despite missing some of the fun my M2 offered. I didn't break mine in per BMW fully so I'm sending my diff and engine oil to the lab since I wanted to see if it even matters. I'm an engineer so this is a bit of an experiment for me at the expense, maybe, Of my power train

Enjoy the drives, it's hard to keep it within the RPM limit since the car just wants to be free and go.
Will do, and I've already shot past 5k and not even on purpose. I merged, and just not being used to the power, it kicked down, and rocketed me. Ive never followed a break in period, on any car, and out of about 30 cars, now, this is probably number 25, new.

It's never really mattered to me. I think I took my C7 to mexico the first night I had it. And I dont think its about the physical difference it will make, breaking it in, it's the fact that BMW really harps on this break in. And you can guarantee they are downloading the engine information on the first service. It's like the car actually has its own break in mode. And I've never seen that.

So, err on the side of caution, for me, even though, like you said, from an engineering perspective, it's a shrug. It's more about what BMW puts in their record, on how the car was treated, during break in. Is it all smoke and mirrors, well, with the crank bearings being affected, on some cars, I don't want to find out.

I drove the C7 hard, and she was put to bed, wet...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
02M3ForMe4261.50
      10-20-2021, 04:05 PM   #32
chicagoguy0822
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible (G83)

I like the cover over the car. Are a lot of dealerships doing this when you take delivery? Was the cover still on when you got there?
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13442.00
      10-20-2021, 05:05 PM   #33
BMW41049
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M50i 2021

Quote:
That's a beautiful car, enjoy it. My wife is still super happy with her new one.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13442.00