BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-25-2021, 01:29 PM   #45
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshovel View Post
Genius just told me my car is at PCD with no stop sales. They recommended I call my SA to have him call the PCD to expedite scheduling pick up.

Can anyone else confirm other cars at the Spartanburg VPC are making progress? I'm not sure I believe until I get a date for PCD.
which boat did you come in on and when? mine arrived yesterday at Charleston port.

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 03:34 PM   #46
dshovel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 G80 6MT Santorini Blue

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
which boat did you come in on and when? mine arrived yesterday at Charleston port.
My car arrived in Charleston on 10/9 on the Donington. It made it's way to the VPC in Spartanburg on 10/14.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 05:45 PM   #47
tmilnthorp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
My car arrived in Charleston on 10/9 on the Donington. It made it's way to the VPC in Spartanburg on 10/14.
So roughly two weeks for RAM in Charleston?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 05:53 PM   #48
dshovel
Private
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
The camera module has been the hang up for my car.

I’m afraid I may have been given bad info by Genius on Monday. My SA is telling me the vehicle still does not have the stop sale removed.

Will update as I learn more.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 01:16 PM   #49
dshovel
Private
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
So no one can explain why the Genius agent on Monday told me the car was ready to be scheduled.... it is not.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 01:55 PM   #50
tmilnthorp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So no one can explain why the Genius agent on Monday told me the car was ready to be scheduled.... it is not.
Bummer. Hope it's resolved soon.
Appreciate 1
dshovel98.00
      11-01-2021, 10:09 AM   #51
tmilnthorp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So who is still waiting at Charleston? Curious your arrival date and what stop sale(s) you're still waiting on. My G80 will be arriving tomorrow and I'm preparing myself for a long wait.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 10:56 AM   #52
MavRick
Captain
Rep
Drives: My Wife's M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmilnthorp View Post
So who is still waiting at Charleston? Curious your arrival date and what stop sale(s) you're still waiting on. My G80 will be arriving tomorrow and I'm preparing myself for a long wait.
Well…we’re all cleared over here. Just happened in the last hour or so. My CA just reached out to PCD to get us on the schedule. This maaaaayyyy just end up happening!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-01-2021, 10:57 AM   #53
tmilnthorp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRick View Post
Well…we’re all cleared over here. Just happened in the last hour or so. My CA just reached out to PCD to get us on the schedule. This maaaaayyyy just end up happening!!!
So approximately 2 weeks? Not bad!

How far out were your PCD dates out of curiosity?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 10:59 AM   #54
MavRick
Captain
Rep

Quote:
So approximately 2 weeks? Not bad!

How far out were your PCD dates out of curiosity?
The date hasn’t been scheduled, yet. I’m assuming it will be towards the end of the month or early December. It’d be cool if we could get it earlier, I just doubt that anything under 4 weeks is unlikely.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 11:03 AM   #55
tmilnthorp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The date hasn’t been scheduled, yet. I’m assuming it will be towards the end of the month or early December. It’d be cool if we could get it earlier, I just doubt that anything under 4 weeks is unlikely.
My SA reached out to the performance center and they said 2-4 weeks, so I'll be curious your experience. Let us know!

I'm getting nervous about driving back to Pittsburgh on summer perf tires and debating canceling PCD and having it shipped. I really want to have the PCD experience though.
Appreciate 1
luckylingy3205.00
      11-01-2021, 04:19 PM   #56
MavRick
Captain
Rep

Quote:
My SA reached out to the performance center and they said 2-4 weeks, so I'll be curious your experience. Let us know!

I'm getting nervous about driving back to Pittsburgh on summer perf tires and debating canceling PCD and having it shipped. I really want to have the PCD experience though.
My CA says that its running about 3 weeks...so about the same info as yours has. He reached out to the scheduler but her system hasnt updated to show that the stop sale has been removed, yet. smh...
Appreciate 1
luckylingy3205.00
      11-01-2021, 04:41 PM   #57
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M (on order)

Quote:

We're still on the same ship (for another day) and in the same boat. I've resigned myself to early/mid-December delivery, which puts me at moderate risk of encountering freezing precipitation on the drive home. If that's the case, we'll just pull up short in Indianapolis (former home, friends and family) or pull over till the roads clear. Unlike your route to Pittsburgh, at least our roads for the final 400 miles are flat, straight and limited access.

And that being the timeframe, I'll probably sign paperwork November 30, in order to take advantage of the 0.9% / 60 month financing I've locked in. Certainly by then we'l know our delivery date(s).
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 10:09 AM   #58
tmilnthorp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylingy View Post
We're still on the same ship (for another day) and in the same boat. I've resigned myself to early/mid-December delivery, which puts me at moderate risk of encountering freezing precipitation on the drive home. If that's the case, we'll just pull up short in Indianapolis (former home, friends and family) or pull over till the roads clear. Unlike your route to Pittsburgh, at least our roads for the final 400 miles are flat, straight and limited access.

And that being the timeframe, I'll probably sign paperwork November 30, in order to take advantage of the 0.9% / 60 month financing I've locked in. Certainly by then we'l know our delivery date(s).
I know. I'm hoping for some miracle still, but it's looking more like early/mid December. I was hoping to have it in my garage by Thanksgiving, as I am traveling and of course the holidays in December. Not to mention the drive back as you mentioned!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 02:56 PM   #59
MavRick
Captain
Rep

Quote:
My CA says that its running about 3 weeks...so about the same info as yours has. He reached out to the scheduler but her system hasnt updated to show that the stop sale has been removed, yet. smh...
the scheduling coordinator isnt in the office today, so nothing can get scheduled. i called the delivery department just to get an idea of what the time frame is. he told me that he's scheduling new pickups all the way out into January and that stop sales have a priority. but even WITH that priority, unless someone cancels (on a day that we need them to cancel), it likely wont be until the 1st week of December. should have an official offer list with dates by COB, tomorrow.

not ideal...but i wanted to keep the thread updated.
Appreciate 2
      11-02-2021, 03:29 PM   #60
tmilnthorp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
the scheduling coordinator isnt in the office today, so nothing can get scheduled. i called the delivery department just to get an idea of what the time frame is. he told me that he's scheduling new pickups all the way out into January and that stop sales have a priority. but even WITH that priority, unless someone cancels (on a day that we need them to cancel), it likely wont be until the 1st week of December. should have an official offer list with dates by COB, tomorrow.

Appreciate the insight! Be interesting to see what they end of offering. Are you willing to do soonest available or do you have restrictions?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 03:32 PM   #61
dshovel
Private
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:

Is your vehicle status updated yet in MyBMW? Genius told me all stop sale work orders had been cleared but my CA is still saying it's not clear yet. Genius said that the vehicle is waiting to move from the VPC to the PC - which I presume are the same campus but a different lot. The MyBMW track status is still showing "At The Port."
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 04:03 PM   #62
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M (on order)

Interesting, MavRick, that you were able to contact PC’s delivery department yourself. (I can only imagine the poor scheduling coordinator being bombarded by anxious customers seeking delivery dates.). But good on you! Let us know what you find, as you seem to be a step or two closer to actually getting a date.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 04:18 PM   #63
MavRick
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylingy View Post
Interesting, MavRick, that you were able to contact PC’s delivery department yourself. (I can only imagine the poor scheduling coordinator being bombarded by anxious customers seeking delivery dates.). But good on you! Let us know what you find, as you seem to be a step or two closer to actually getting a date.
i called the toll free number that they have for the Performance Center and the kind lady gave me the local number to the scheduling dept. they were very helpful and understanding. they know what we've all had to deal with!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 04:21 PM   #64
MavRick
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Is your vehicle status updated yet in MyBMW? Genius told me all stop sale work orders had been cleared but my CA is still saying it's not clear yet. Genius said that the vehicle is waiting to move from the VPC to the PC - which I presume are the same campus but a different lot. The MyBMW track status is still showing "At The Port."
interestingly...i used the Alex_Bond recall tool and saw that the last stop sale was closed. i sent the screenshot to my CA and he responded with screenshot from his desktop saying that there were no more open campaigns. but when he called PCD to ask about scheduling, the stop sale was still present on their end. this was yesterday.

when i called them (PCD), this morning, they showed the car was good to go.
Appreciate 1
dshovel98.00
      11-02-2021, 04:24 PM   #65
MavRick
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate the insight! Be interesting to see what they end of offering. Are you willing to do soonest available or do you have restrictions?
we need to do it on a Tuesday, if at all possible. im not a fan of closing the office in the middle of the week and Tuesdays are my off days. but yeah...i think we could probably make it work with whatever day they give us, at this point.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 04:41 PM   #66
jttBimmer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BG M3 Comp

My stuff finally cleared yesterday I think (took 3-4 weeks) and my SA reached out to schedule PCD and waiting to hear back.
Appreciate 1
dshovel98.00