BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums AUSTRALIA

09-02-2021, 07:37 PM   #1
yche
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

Camera Issue not resolved at ANTWERP (departure port)

I think some of you who are waiting for the g8x may already be aware of the camera issue.

My car arrived at port Antwerp on 6 July and departed on 20 July (Hoegh Trigger). I thought the 2 weeks wait in the port was for BMW to rectify the camera problems, but when I check the BMW Australia Recall website (https://www.recall.bmw.com.au/), this is what I found in my car:

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 10.19.32.png
Views: 832
Size:  68.2 KB

So I contact my salesperson, he said all recalls will be fixed at the BMW dealership before handover to the customer.
Please check whether your car has these recalls, and make sure they will be fixed before delivery to you.

Last edited by yche; 09-02-2021 at 07:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 06:02 AM   #2
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDRive

Thanks for the update. I just check my vin and I have the same defects on my vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 09:32 PM   #3
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanibal74 View Post
Thanks for the update. I just check my vin and I have the same defects on my vehicle.
And mine has the same too. My service adviser told me that their delivery team takes care of those fixes as part of the pre-delivery preparation.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 09:34 AM   #4
The Dad
The Dad
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yche View Post
I think some of you who are waiting for the g8x may already be aware of the camera issue.

My car arrived at port Antwerp on 6 July and departed on 20 July (Hoegh Trigger). I thought the 2 weeks wait in the port was for BMW to rectify the camera problems, but when I check the BMW Australia Recall website (https://www.recall.bmw.com.au/), this is what I found in my car:

Attachment 2687171

So I contact my salesperson, he said all recalls will be fixed at the BMW dealership before handover to the customer.
Please check whether your car has these recalls, and make sure they will be fixed before delivery to you.
Same results with my car as well 🤨🤤
      09-05-2021, 07:53 PM   #5
chrischappers
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G82

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
Yup, same.

Still waiting, mine landed Port Kembla 2 weeks ago and not been transported to dealership yet. This part of the wait is the worst bit
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 08:11 PM   #6
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischappers View Post
Quote:
Yup, same.

Still waiting, mine landed Port Kembla 2 weeks ago and not been transported to dealership yet. This part of the wait is the worst bit
Surely you will have it be the end of the week. What is the dealership saying?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 08:43 PM   #7
The Dad
The Dad
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 Competition

Garage List
Unhappy

Quote:
Surely you will have it be the end of the week. What is the dealership saying?
They will only get them once the programming campaign is completed. From what I understand the updates are addressed Pre Dealer delivery. SO until they get the car, they cannot provide a date.
Depends on the number of cars, where they are in the queue, what parts if any need to be replaced......... list goes' on.
      09-06-2021, 08:05 PM   #8
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

Quote:
They will only get them once the programming campaign is completed. From what I understand the updates are addressed Pre Dealer delivery. SO until they get the car, they cannot provide a date.
Depends on the number of cars, where they are in the queue, what parts if any need to be replaced......... list goes' on.
It seems all a bit over the place. My dealer has said Prixcar can’t do the work themselves so they need to bring to the dealer for the campaign work to be completed. They showed me an email they’d sent confirming if the car should be delivered to them.

All quite frustrating. I was understanding of this when I first heard but yeah patience now wearing down haha.

Of the last 4 new BMWs I’ve ordered all have had some sort of issue with build
and/or delivery.
Appreciate 1
The Dad87.50
      09-07-2021, 07:08 PM   #9
chrischappers
Rep

Just called the dealership - I'm at stage 240 in the system - he said that means it's due anyday now at the dealership.

Anyone else have more detail on what 240 means.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 02:52 AM   #10
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Just called the dealership - I'm at stage 240 in the system - he said that means it's due anyday now at the dealership.

Anyone else have more detail on what 240 means.
Not sure but let’s assume it’s good!

Have you rechecked your VIN? Have the recalls being cleared/completed? How long from getting delivered to port to you getting told it’s stage 240 was it?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 04:07 AM   #11
chrischappers
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DECVING View Post
Not sure but let’s assume it’s good!

Have you rechecked your VIN? Have the recalls being cleared/completed? How long from getting delivered to port to you getting told it’s stage 240 was it?
2 weeks and 2 days... but it could have gone to 240 at any point as i was not in daily contact with the dealer, so really not sure.

Still showing the following in the recall checker:
- Programming control units (front radar sensor)
- Checking the installation of camera, retrofitting if necessary

When I chatted to my dealership they didn't mention anything about it being delayed until ALL M3/M4s nationally are resolved. This seems likes a very odd approach, and I'm not convinced it's really the case. Surely the dealership would deal with this stuff as part of their pre-delivery checks and detailing.

Will let you know how I progress over the next few days. Have decided I will harass the dealership daily from hereon.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 05:15 AM   #12
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
2 weeks and 2 days... but it could have gone to 240 at any point as i was not in daily contact with the dealer, so really not sure.

Still showing the following in the recall checker:
- Programming control units (front radar sensor)
- Checking the installation of camera, retrofitting if necessary

When I chatted to my dealership they didn't mention anything about it being delayed until ALL M3/M4s nationally are resolved. This seems likes a very odd approach, and I'm not convinced it's really the case. Surely the dealership would deal with this stuff as part of their pre-delivery checks and detailing.

Will let you know how I progress over the next few days. Have decided I will harass the dealership daily from hereon.
Thanks for the update.

OK, I'm at 2 weeks and 2 days today. Dealer has just said they want to get car to dealer ASAP....which ahhh I'd assume would be the target outcome for any BMW on its way to a dealer haha so not really an update.

Suppose like most people and as we're all saying on here - can't stand open ended updates from the dealer - give me a set of definitive steps with deadlines/dates please!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 05:59 PM   #13
chrischappers
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the update.

OK, I'm at 2 weeks and 2 days today. Dealer has just said they want to get car to dealer ASAP....which ahhh I'd assume would be the target outcome for any BMW on its way to a dealer haha so not really an update.

Suppose like most people and as we're all saying on here - can't stand open ended updates from the dealer - give me a set of definitive steps with deadlines/dates please!
Yup, with you there. Many open ended updates, phrases like "probably 2-3 weeks", etc. Just get the car on a truck and in my hands already !!!!!! This is week 23 since I signed the paperwork.

That said, spoke to my dealership again today. 240 means that delivery to the dealership had been approved and has been requested. So gives me some comfort that it's just a wait on logistics, rather than some of the other reasons that have been mentioned above. We're all at the mercy of our dealership, who are at the mercy of BMW Australia.

Last edited by chrischappers; 09-08-2021 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: added information
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 08:19 PM   #14
chrischappers
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the update.

Email from the dealership this morning:

"Your new BMW is currently at Prixcar transport where vehicle transport to the dealership is being booked. At this point in time we do not have further estimate to dealer as this booking is still in the process.

There has recently been delays with vehicle transport in NSW due to the current COVID restrictions. We will continue to keep you updated as the vehicle is processed through to our dealership."

Still no mention of anything relating to the recall, etc. What a joke that you can buy a car at this price point, and they can't even give you a date of when it will be delivered. Totally understand that COVID situation would cause some delay - but Prixcar have had it for 2 weeks and it hasn't even been booked yet.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 01:22 AM   #15
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:

"Your new BMW is currently at Prixcar transport where vehicle transport to the dealership is being booked. At this point in time we do not have further estimate to dealer as this booking is still in the process.

There has recently been delays with vehicle transport in NSW due to the current COVID restrictions. We will continue to keep you updated as the vehicle is processed through to our dealership."

Still no mention of anything relating to the recall, etc. What a joke that you can buy a car at this price point, and they can't even give you a date of when it will be delivered. Totally understand that COVID situation would cause some delay - but Prixcar have had it for 2 weeks and it hasn't even been booked yet.
Frustrating.

Mines now at dealer and having works done, it had no cameras so these are being installed. I should have it delivered later this week, all things going well. 3 of the 4 cameras are in and the 4th arrives tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 07:19 AM   #16
chrischappers
Rep

Quote:
Frustrating.

Mines now at dealer and having works done, it had no cameras so these are being installed. I should have it delivered later this week, all things going well. 3 of the 4 cameras are in and the 4th arrives tomorrow.
Hey mate, out of curiosity what date did yours arrived at Port Kembla, and when did the dealership receive it? Which dealer are you using?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 07:06 PM   #17
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Frustrating.

That's great news. I received an email yesterday from the dealer stating that they still didn't have an ETA. My M3 arrived at Port Kembla on the 3rd.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 08:40 PM   #18
chrischappers
Rep

Quote:
That's great news. I received an email yesterday from the dealer stating that they still didn't have an ETA. My M3 arrived at Port Kembla on the 3rd.
Have you used your VIN or chassis number to check transport booking status with Prixcar?

http://trackyourcar.prixcar.com.au/

I'm still waiting for arrival at Dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 09:44 PM   #19
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Have you used your VIN or chassis number to check transport booking status with Prixcar?

http://trackyourcar.prixcar.com.au/

I'm still waiting for arrival at Dealer.
Thanks chrischappers It says it was delivered to Prixcar on the 4th.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 01:12 AM   #20
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

Mine is in exactly the same place and arrived there at the same time. Make sure you check your damage report on your car which is on the same page which is a little icon you click on which is at the end of the 'Pick up from' line on that page.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 05:30 PM   #21
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

I did check out the vehicle condition report. No damage recorded.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 07:19 PM   #22
chrischappers
Rep

Quote:
Thanks chrischappers It says it was delivered to Prixcar on the 4th.
I’m finally booked for dealer delivery - expected Monday 20th Sep 👏👏
Appreciate 0