09-24-2021, 10:44 AM   #45
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Really?

You might not have been the first to mention its 10K. But you did in fact say it was 9511. With or without tax 99.9% of the world would see that as 10K.

The bottom line is... most of us think that is WAY to much for what you are getting. Slip on or full. Either way we dont like it.

You on the other hand seem to think its the best sounding exhaust ever.

AND! That any exhaust priced within 10% of any vehicles cost is "in line" with what a good exhaust should cost? That just silly thinking to me.

But you are totally welcome to like what you like. I dont care. I want everyone to have what they like. But you did in fact suggest it was 10K too.

So you like it. You feel it's the best sounding one and that the price is totally warranted. So be it buddy. I want you to be happy. Im not mad at you. Like what you want. 100%.

Lets move on already. Please.
I agree here--- the problem I see is not the pricing or quality with Akra (although clearly we have cheaper options that are viable) is that the S58 engine just wont allow any exhaust to sound leaps and bounds better than any other.

I have modded my Ferraris, Lambos, Porshches, AMG's, M's etc and the exhaust world always had differentiation by brand and build. I just dont see that happening here with the S58 .... not enough that is.

Thats why I just did a 250 dollar resonator removal job and arguably gained the same level of sound decibel wise if not more and still have a decent tonal experience.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 2
      09-25-2021, 11:44 AM   #46
floating.spirit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
2020 X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Really?

You might not have been the first to mention its 10K. But you did in fact say it was 9511. With or without tax 99.9% of the world would see that as 10K.

The bottom line is... most of us think that is WAY to much for what you are getting. Slip on or full. Either way we dont like it.

You on the other hand seem to think its the best sounding exhaust ever.

AND! That any exhaust priced within 10% of any vehicles cost is "in line" with what a good exhaust should cost? That just silly thinking to me.

But you are totally welcome to like what you like. I dont care. I want everyone to have what they like. But you did in fact suggest it was 10K too.

So you like it. You feel it's the best sounding one and that the price is totally warranted. So be it buddy. I want you to be happy. Im not mad at you. Like what you want. 100%.

Lets move on already. Please.
I agree here--- the problem I see is not the pricing or quality with Akra (although clearly we have cheaper options that are viable) is that the S58 engine just wont allow any exhaust to sound leaps and bounds better than any other.

I have modded my Ferraris, Lambos, Porshches, AMG's, M's etc and the exhaust world always had differentiation by brand and build. I just dont see that happening here with the S58 .... not enough that is.

Thats why I just did a 250 dollar resonator removal job and arguably gained the same level of sound decibel wise if not more and still have a decent tonal experience.
Does that do anything for burbles or simply pump up the volume? Thanks…
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 12:40 PM   #47
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by floating.spirit View Post
Does that do anything for burbles or simply pump up the volume? Thanks…
I have more burbles and volume...

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2021, 01:22 PM   #48
floating.spirit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
2020 X3MC  [0.00]
Some pretty good snap 'n crackle too! I miss that from my past car… Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 02:50 PM   #49
ManAndMachine
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80M3 BG KO, '17 Taco Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Agreed! I'm not knocking the inner mod-bug, but aside from the quality craftsmanship, the exhaust doesn't sound particularly better than stock to my ears……..especially considering the exorbitant cost. The G8X actually sounds pretty darn good in stock form.
I agree,Id rather spend the 10k on BBS FIR and suspension mods, Car sounds great stock
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25016.50
      09-30-2021, 06:50 AM   #50
ole85
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/ Ferrari360

Can you install the mid pipe section to a standard rear muffler
Appreciate 0