home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums AUSTRALIA

09-14-2021, 09:37 PM   #23
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDRive

That's great news chrischappers. Are you in lockdown? Are you able to do a proper pickup?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 10:56 PM   #24
chrischappers
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanibal74 View Post
That's great news chrischappers. Are you in lockdown? Are you able to do a proper pickup?
I'm on NSW Central Coast, so currently in lockdown. The dealership is within the same LGA so can pickup but not sure how in depth the pick up will be. Thinking they will probably just throw me the key LOL.

How about you?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 11:17 PM   #25
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischappers View Post
Quote:
I'm on NSW Central Coast, so currently in lockdown. The dealership is within the same LGA so can pickup but not sure how in depth the pick up will be. Thinking they will probably just throw me the key LOL.

How about you?
I'm in the hills district. While we are not considered an LGA of concern it is difficult to travel to other LGA's without a permit. I will most probably do a 'click and collect'.

Also, just received an email from the dealership. My M3 will arrive at the dealers this Friday and possibly ready for pickup the middle of next week
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 12:25 AM   #26
chrischappers
Rep

Quote:
I'm in the hills district. While we are not considered an LGA of concern it is difficult to travel to other LGA's without a permit. I will most probably do a 'click and collect'.

Also, just received an email from the dealership. My M3 will arrive at the dealers this Friday and possibly ready for pickup the middle of next week
Thats great news. I checked Prixcar again, and looks like mine is ETA at the dealership tomorrow (Thursday 16th) now.

Btw, did your dealership mention anything about the camera issue? I spoke to my guy about it and he had heard nothing of it - they'd had some MINI's arrive which needed replacement parts but no BMWs. For those MINI's they had the parts within a week and it wasn't a major drama. However keeping everything crossed that the camera thing is a furphy in this case.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 01:14 AM   #27
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thats great news. I checked Prixcar again, and looks like mine is ETA at the dealership tomorrow (Thursday 16th) now.

Btw, did your dealership mention anything about the camera issue? I spoke to my guy about it and he had heard nothing of it - they'd had some MINI's arrive which needed replacement parts but no BMWs. For those MINI's they had the parts within a week and it wasn't a major drama. However keeping everything crossed that the camera thing is a furphy in this case.
They haven't mentioned anything. Not even about the wireless charger. I guess I will find out next week.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 07:28 AM   #28
The Dad
The Dad
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
That's great news. I received an email yesterday from the dealer stating that they still didn't have an ETA. My M3 arrived at Port Kembla on the 3rd.
Have you used your VIN or chassis number to check transport booking status with Prixcar?

http://trackyourcar.prixcar.com.au/

I'm still waiting for arrival at Dealer.
Thanks chrischappers , my car is being delivered to the dealership tomorrow 😅. Then hopefully a 48hr turn around for delivery 🥳
      09-15-2021, 03:46 PM   #29
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

Quote:
Quote:

Just put your VIN into this website: https://www.recall.bmw.com.au and you will soon see if you have the camera issue. I certainly do and it seems most of us do. Here's hoping you don't !
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 04:38 PM   #30
madone79
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440 GC

Just got confirmation that my car will arrive to the dealership on Friday and will delivered to me mid next week. My dealership is in an LGA of concern but im based in the upper north shore Sydney so having it delivered is my only option. Then its off to Tinthaus the next day for PPF install which will take about a week.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 07:41 PM   #31
chrischappers
Rep

Hi Everyone,

Had an email from my dealership this morning.

"Unfortunately Prixcar were holding the vehicle due to a stop delivery campaign relating to the program control unit & cameras. BMW have advised they would not deliver vehicles with these campaigns until they had completed them at Prixcar workshop. This has since changed and they are releasing the vehicles for the dealers to complete."

Keeping everything crossed all OK with my car, and no further wait. Hoping for the same for all you guys as well.

According to Prixcar mine should get to my dealer today.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 05:48 PM   #32
madone79
Rep

Delivery confirmed for Thursday next week, car will be transported to my home with a Facetime handover. Seriously can't wait, feel's like forever since driving these at the Eastern Creek launch day back in March.

Also my dealers confirmed no change in original spec, even wireless charger so will be interesting to see what eventuates.

Noticed that @chrischappers and @Hanibal74 are not far from where i am, wondering when i'll see your cars on the old Pacific Hwy?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 08:55 PM   #33
chrischappers
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madone79 View Post
Delivery confirmed for Thursday next week, car will be transported to my home with a Facetime handover. Seriously can't wait, feel's like forever since driving these at the Eastern Creek launch day back in March.

Also my dealers confirmed no change in original spec, even wireless charger so will be interesting to see what eventuates.

Noticed that @chrischappers and @Hanibal74 are not far from where i am, wondering when i'll see your cars on the old Pacific Hwy?
will be doing that road alot - drive between city and central coast at least once a week in normal times. Are you M3 or 4 - what colour? I'll look out for you. I'm M4 Comp - Dravit Grey.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 05:15 AM   #34
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madone79 View Post

I've been asked to come in on Thursday but trying to get a pickup on Wednesday so we shall see.

I will probably do a few trips up through putty rd heading north in the not too distant future. If we ever get out of this lockdown.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 05:27 AM   #35
04S
Captain
Rep

Finally arrived at the dealer ….
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Hanibal74343.50
The Dad87.50
      09-17-2021, 03:01 PM   #36
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04S View Post
White looks so nice. Congrats
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 04:13 PM   #37
The Dad
The Dad
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04S View Post
Mine similar spec, was also delivered to the dealership yesterday. Hopefully it will be shipped to me next week. 🤤🤤🤤
      09-18-2021, 12:41 AM   #38
madone79
Rep

Quote:
will be doing that road alot - drive between city and central coast at least once a week in normal times. Are you M3 or 4 - what colour? I'll look out for you. I'm M4 Comp - Dravit Grey.
M3 Comp Tanzanite Blue with carbon exterior, bucket seats and ceramic brakes
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 07:24 PM   #39
chrischappers
Rep

I’m booked for collection on Thursday 23rd - can’t wait. Car arrived at dealership on Thursday last week. Rear camera was not installed, but had already been ordered and was fitted Friday. So pleased that hasn’t caused any delay.

Sale guy shared some pics of the car.
Attached Images

Last edited by chrischappers; 09-18-2021 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 07:31 PM   #40
04S
Captain
Rep

Looks great. You were lucky that your dealership was on the ball and had the parts ready to go.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 02:40 AM   #41
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I'm booked for collection on Thursday 23rd - can't wait. Car arrived at dealership on Thursday last week. Rear camera was not installed, but had already been ordered and was fitted Friday. So pleased that hasn't caused any delay.

Sale guy shared some pics of the car.
chrischappers Dravit grey looks great.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 08:16 PM   #42
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Dealer sent through a couple of pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 09:20 PM   #43
yche
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

Quote:
Congrats! Kyalami orange buckets are so hot!! Can't wait to see it in person.
Mine arrived at PrixCar Kembla on 4th September as yours. But I haven't heard any update since then from PrixCar. Check with the dealer, car status stays at (240)Delivery requested/approved.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 09:43 PM   #44
madone79
Rep

Quote:
Is that Tanzanite blue as thats the colour i ordered? Went with black interior/buckets though.

Getting excited for my Thursday delivery, but then its off to Tinthaus for 5 days!!
Appreciate 0