BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-05-2021, 12:45 AM   #67
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Hi all guys, I've spoken with my friend at Munich plant. we must keep patience, they're having huge semiconductors/microchips shortages.....that's why other will experience a push back order status in the next few days. Delays will be between 3 and 7 weeks for already allocated orders for the time being. BMW is doing all the best it can to solve the situation....but it's not BMW fault. In Munich are experiencing hard weeks as they don't have enough semiconductors to even make the entire work day for their workers. strange situation.
By the way.....i and plug in cars, has longer delays for production than the ICE models.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 5
Sbm007612.50
JMU_BMW152.50
Patton2502936.50
Oejsup97.50
      09-05-2021, 12:48 AM   #68
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

we'll see in the next days if somehting changes.

in the end......it's the common "waiting matter"...... because we just want our new toy to play with asap.....

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 05:10 AM   #69
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
Hi all guys, I've spoken with my friend at Munich plant. we must keep patience, they're having huge semiconductors/microchips shortages.....that's why other will experience a push back order status in the next few days. Delays will be between 3 and 7 weeks for already allocated orders for the time being. BMW is doing all the best it can to solve the situation....but it's not BMW fault. In Munich are experiencing hard weeks as they don't have enough semiconductors to even make the entire work day for their workers. strange situation.
By the way.....i and plug in cars, has longer delays for production than the ICE models.
Thanks for the info! Do you think there is a chance already allocated and delayed orders (for example your order and my order) can get delayed more? Or should we be good now?
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 05:52 AM   #70
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbm007 View Post
Thanks for the info! Do you think there is a chance already allocated and delayed orders (for example your order and my order) can get delayed more? Or should we be good now?
I don't think so. Because I saw on my dealer's System that BMW Italy tried three times to reduce the gap and push back the production week of my car from week 40 (expoected for the time being) to week 35, but BMW HQ said "impossible". My friend in Munich told me that the chip shortages is a very serious problem now for the months to come. Until the end of the '21 spring production, they were able to have a bit of stock, but now the warehouses are empty, so that's why there's the problem. From what he told me, who has an allocation or maybe has ordered the car within the end of july, will have 4/5 weeks of delay, but who has ordered the car after that date, will have larger delays for sure unfortunately, especially if the car is fully loaded spec. Mine, for example, ordered on June the 4th, hasn't the wireless charging for instance (I don't care, but it was a first signal of something going wrong with the supplies). Let's wait, during the upcoming week he'll give me some feedbacks as soon as he'll be at the office to check the production schedule status.

Appreciate 1
Patton2502936.50
      09-05-2021, 07:30 AM   #71
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I don't think so. Because I saw on my dealer's System that BMW Italy tried three times to reduce the gap and push back the production week of my car from week 40 (expoected for the time being) to week 35, but BMW HQ said "impossible". My friend in Munich told me that the chip shortages is a very serious problem now for the months to come. Until the end of the '21 spring production, they were able to have a bit of stock, but now the warehouses are empty, so that's why there's the problem. From what he told me, who has an allocation or maybe has ordered the car within the end of july, will have 4/5 weeks of delay, but who has ordered the car after that date, will have larger delays for sure unfortunately, especially if the car is fully loaded spec. Mine, for example, ordered on June the 4th, hasn't the wireless charging for instance (I don't care, but it was a first signal of something going wrong with the supplies). Let's wait, during the upcoming week he'll give me some feedbacks as soon as he'll be at the office to check the production schedule status.
Hope you are right! I ordered mid June. Let's see.

On a side note, one of my friends ordered a M3 Competition (RWD) in May, he was also production week 36, and then he got pushed out to week 37 just like me. But then yesterday it went into production, current status is awaiting paint shop. So not everyone is affected clearly

Hopefully I go back to 112 next week and maybe they adjust the date too.
Appreciate 1
V-Eight791.50
      09-05-2021, 07:38 AM   #72
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
This thread is making me sad
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 07:45 AM   #73
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Thank you so much for the information. I believe it. It’s only going to get worse. All the updates you can provide are extremely appreciated. Thank your friend for us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
This thread is making me sad
It should make you sad. It’s going to get a lot worse. What we are experiencing now for shortages it’s coming from all the shut downs of a year ago. Wait until next year. I sure as hell I’m glad Australia and New Zealand don’t produce anything important because those people shut down at the drop of a hat. When you shut down you stop production of everything. That has massive affects of future supply. Then it’s close to impossible to catch up. I have a feeling we will be running out of a hell of a lot more important things than sports cars in the near future.
Appreciate 2
MannyS352.50
V-Eight791.50
      09-06-2021, 02:00 AM   #74
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

It's just a matter of patience to take.

BMW is doing all the best to solve (as other manufacturer's as well) and fix the situation.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 05:55 AM   #75
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Thank you so much for the information. I believe it. It’s only going to get worse. All the updates you can provide are extremely appreciated. Thank your friend for us all.

It should make you sad. It’s going to get a lot worse. What we are experiencing now for shortages it’s coming from all the shut downs of a year ago. Wait until next year. I sure as hell I’m glad Australia and New Zealand don’t produce anything important because those people shut down at the drop of a hat. When you shut down you stop production of everything. That has massive affects of future supply. Then it’s close to impossible to catch up. I have a feeling we will be running out of a hell of a lot more important things than sports cars in the near future.
Trust me i know. Before considering an M car, i actually wanted a 21 stingray. Couldn't get it. Ok no problem i'll get a 22 and maybe wait 3-5 months. Still no good. Wait time for a 22 is 12-15 months. Everyone is experiencing the wrath of the 2020 mishaps.

I just figure people were getting their '21s here no problem so i thought it'd be an easy transition in getting it. Then again i only been waiting about 5 weeks. Car is supposed to "get built" in another 3 weeks, then probably another 5-6 more weeks waiting time after that barring no other hold ups.

I just really hope for the extremely long delays are for people with in depth builds and perhaps they will cater to the builds that aren't as extensive?

That's what i'm hoping for at least.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 07:02 AM   #76
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Trust me i know. Before considering an M car, i actually wanted a 21 stingray. Couldn't get it. Ok no problem i'll get a 22 and maybe wait 3-5 months. Still no good. Wait time for a 22 is 12-15 months. Everyone is experiencing the wrath of the 2020 mishaps.

I just figure people were getting their '21s here no problem so i thought it'd be an easy transition in getting it. Then again i only been waiting about 5 weeks. Car is supposed to "get built" in another 3 weeks, then probably another 5-6 more weeks waiting time after that barring no other hold ups.

I just really hope for the extremely long delays are for people with in depth builds and perhaps they will cater to the builds that aren't as extensive?

That's what i'm hoping for at least.
I have a fully loaded AWD coming. The funny part is I traded in my 2021 RWD that I already had possession of to get this. I hope I don’t regret it. I was told there shouldn’t be any delays. I didn’t know the chip shortage was hurting BMW because just like you said they were producing the 2021s no problem while all the people affected by the chip shortages or not. So now I guess it’s hit Germany. And since half the freaking world is shutting down again this problem is not going to go away for years. I suspect will be whining about shortages for more common things six months from now that have nothing to do with the cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 07:39 AM   #77
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have a fully loaded AWD coming. The funny part is I traded in my 2021 RWD that I already had possession of to get this. I hope I don’t regret it. I was told there shouldn’t be any delays. I didn’t know the chip shortage was hurting BMW because just like you said they were producing the 2021s no problem while all the people affected by the chip shortages or not. So now I guess it’s hit Germany. And since half the freaking world is shutting down again this problem is not going to go away for years. I suspect will be whining about shortages for more common things six months from now that have nothing to do with the cars.

Yikes, fully loaded. I'm starting to wonder if all the people here who are experiencing delays are the ones who have loaded up, or fully loaded cars?

I just hope my theory is correct on basic spec = faster build

I do agree we will see these issues for years to come. I'm in queue for a first year c8 z06, which i should be getting end of next year. But now i'm thinking i will be waiting, AGAIN.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 07:54 AM   #78
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yikes, fully loaded. I'm starting to wonder if all the people here who are experiencing delays are the ones who have loaded up, or fully loaded cars?

I do agree we will see these issues for years to come. I'm in queue for a first year c8 z06, which i should be getting end of next year. But now i'm thinking i will be waiting, AGAIN.
I just inquired about the 2022 Dodge ram TRX. The dealership told me the factory is about to shut down for 90 days. 90 freaking days! I asked him if the thing was in New Zealand. When demand is high and the factory shuts down for 90 days the results will be nothing short of catastrophic. Why on gods green earth can grocery stores and Home Depot stay open but an auto manufacturer or chip manufacture can’t ? Don’t give me essential workers crap. If my daughter can stand at the cash register and check out your freaking groceries then your happy ass can go build some chips. If I didn’t know any better I would say this is all being done on purpose. There’s no way collectively we are this stupid. I know some think so but it’s not true.
Appreciate 1
JMU_BMW152.50
      09-06-2021, 08:11 AM   #79
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I just inquired about the 2022 Dodge ram TRX. The dealership told me the factory is about to shut down for 90 days. 90 freaking days! I asked him if the thing was in New Zealand. When demand is high and the factory shuts down for 90 days the results will be nothing short of catastrophic. Why on gods green earth can grocery stores and Home Depot stay open but an auto manufacturer or chip manufacture can’t ? Don’t give me essential workers crap. If my daughter can stand at the cash register and check out your freaking groceries then your happy ass can go build some chips. If I didn’t know any better I would say this is all being done on purpose. There’s no way collectively we are this stupid. I know some think so but it’s not true.

The charger widebody hellcat was also another consideration if i didn't get an M car. It was either the hellcat or the stingray. Hellcat was already at the showroom so i didn't have to wait. Only issue was the color i didn't want and those cars are very likely to get stolen where i'm from. So i didn't want to deal with that. The 12-15 month just to get a freaking stingray was so annoying. I ultimately wanted that as top top choice.

There is definitely some hidden agenda going on here. And i'm not the one to follow politics because it never ends well so i try not to think about it. The more you think about it, the more your mind starts to create so many scenarios you start to get mad or go crazy lol
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 10:22 AM   #80
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Quote:

The charger widebody hellcat was also another consideration if i didn't get an M car. It was either the hellcat or the stingray. Hellcat was already at the showroom so i didn't have to wait. Only issue was the color i didn't want and those cars are very likely to get stolen where i'm from. So i didn't want to deal with that. The 12-15 month just to get a freaking stingray was so annoying. I ultimately wanted that as top top choice.

There is definitely some hidden agenda going on here. And i'm not the one to follow politics because it never ends well so i try not to think about it. The more you think about it, the more your mind starts to create so many scenarios you start to get mad or go crazy lol
I have a somewhat basic build, comp with executive, laser lights and shadow line package. I did not add the parking, ventilated seats and other packages for two reasons, budget was 80k and I knew the chip shortage would slow my build down. I had ventilated seats on my 7 series and did not use it and never had surround view before so it was a easy decision to forgo them.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 10:37 AM   #81
KiloCo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota// 22 G82 M4 Comp

V-Eight said, ..."Mine, for example, ordered on June the 4th, hasn't the wireless charging for instance..."

V-Eight i ordered on June 6th and the car(22 M4 Comp) is sitting at the Pier waiting for a ride to the US. Where exactly is your car sitting?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 10:47 AM   #82
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:

my dad ordered a trx a 2 weeks ago, no issues stated by dealer. Guess based on what you're saying we should get an update this week.. we have VIN already too
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 11:31 AM   #83
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
my dad ordered a trx a 2 weeks ago, no issues stated by dealer. Guess based on what you're saying we should get an update this week.. we have VIN already too
Yes just this morning I was told by my local Dodge guy they are closing the plant for no less than three months. He doesn’t expect any new Dodge trucks for 6 to 9 months.

Quote:

Well from the moment I placed my order I was in production scheduled and this afternoon I got placed in order received. I don’t think we are going to see these cars for a long time. The world is locking down again.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 11:50 AM   #84
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Yes just this morning I was told by my local Dodge guy they are closing the plant for no less than three months. He doesn’t expect any new Dodge trucks for 6 to 9 months.

Well from the moment I placed my order I was in production scheduled and this afternoon I got placed in order received. I don’t think we are going to see these cars for a long time. The world is locking down again.

will be a great time to sell the current pickup, cash in... LOL

guess we will see, found the trx for 5500 under sticker.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 01:10 AM   #85
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloCo View Post
V-Eight said, ..."Mine, for example, ordered on June the 4th, hasn't the wireless charging for instance..."

V-Eight i ordered on June 6th and the car(22 M4 Comp) is sitting at the Pier waiting for a ride to the US. Where exactly is your car sitting?
My car hasn't been produced yet........I don't know why. Probably the U.S. versions have a kind of priority as the US is the major market for the M3/4 I guess.

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 05:31 AM   #86
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
My car hasn't been produced yet........I don't know why. Probably the U.S. versions have a kind of priority as the US is the major market for the M3/4 I guess.
No I don’t think they are building anybody’s car right now. My bet is pretty much the whole factory has shut down due to lack of parts. How long that will be is anyone’s guess. Someone on the forum has a friend in the Munich plant who might be more help with that question.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 05:38 AM   #87
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No I don’t think they are building anybody’s car right now. My bet is pretty much the whole factory has shut down due to lack of parts. How long that will be is anyone’s guess. Someone on the forum has a friend in the Munich plant who might be more help with that question.
One of my friends was the same build slot as me (he ordered a month before me). He lucked out and did not get moved back from 112 to 111

And Friday last week he went into status 150, currently entering paint shop.

So the factory is definitely not shut down, my guess is they have been hit with a delayed shipment of parts OR the August holiday has caused some back logs and they've shifted everything back by 3 weeks

Supposedly there is going to be some communication tomorrow from BMW in the form of an internal bulletin from what I heard from another UK forum user regarding "getting orders back on schedule" - I will share what info I get
Appreciate 1
Patton2502936.50
      09-07-2021, 05:43 AM   #88
JMU_BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Skyscraper Grey M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloCo View Post

It sounds like your dealership already had an allocation when you placed your order, while V-eight’s did not. That’s why he’s having to wait longer.
Appreciate 1
V-Eight791.50