solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Toronto red in da house.
[img]https://pictures.dealer.com/l/lithia...f26e5cebcx.jpg[/img]
Now that’s worth another trip to thunder dome.
Last time I went a bunch of dudes was burning a crap load of trash in an empty oil barrel just outside BMW . Downtown is almost unrecognizable these days.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 08:43 AM   #68
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:
Toronto red in da house.
[img]https://pictures.dealer.com/l/lithia...f26e5cebcx.jpg[/img]
Now that's worth another trip to thunder dome.
Last time I went a bunch of dudes was burning a crap load of trash in an empty oil barrel just outside BMW . Downtown is almost unrecognizable these days.
Ha! Sounds about right. I moved to the east side in 2018 and no regrets!
Appreciate 1
solstice5456.50
      04-03-2021, 12:41 PM   #69
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Ha! Sounds about right. I moved to the east side in 2018 and no regrets!
Same here, my girls needed to be closer to their east side sports clubs. After what the incompetent Seattle city leaders did to downtown the last “summer of love” I’m really happy we can watch that cluster from a distance. Might return one day though when the kids are independent if the city is returned to its diverse, hip but mainly friendly place it used to be.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 12:07 AM   #70
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
BMW Bellevue has a bunch of M4s inbound. There's a few black ones there. I'm dropping my car in for service tomorrow, i'll take a look and snap some photos if y'all want.

Edit: They had a few but already sold. Currently there's 3 on the lot, the green one, a gray one, and a all black with the carbon buckets. That one hasn't been PDI'd yet.
      04-10-2021, 12:57 PM   #71
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
BMW Bellevue has a bunch of M4s inbound. There's a few black ones there. I'm dropping my car in for service tomorrow, i'll take a look and snap some photos if y'all want.

Edit: They had a few but already sold. Currently there's 3 on the lot, the green one, a gray one, and a all black with the carbon buckets. That one hasn't been PDI'd yet.
Thanks I’ll swing by today to see if the black is still there since that’s the paint on top of my list.
Appreciate 1
Bumpinjeep5356.00
      04-10-2021, 04:25 PM   #72
solstice
Major General
Rep

I went to Bellevue and they had the IOMG and BG M4s but also a Tanzanite blue M4 with 825M bi-color wheels. It was worth the trip for me to see the 825Ms, looks really nice towards the darkish paint but maybe a bit too much M performance and too little real M look for my taste. Decisions, decisions.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 02:21 PM   #73
Transfer
Major General
Rep

Looks like more inventory arriving and BMW Bellevue finally posted a photo of one of their cars. They really did a good job photographing BSM! I keep waiting for a portimao blue to show up to see in person...

Appreciate 1
solstice5456.50
      04-12-2021, 04:06 PM   #74
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Looks like more inventory arriving and BMW Bellevue finally posted a photo of one of their cars. They really did a good job photographing BSM! I keep waiting for a portimao blue to show up to see in person...

So I need another trip, got to see this BSM.
Appreciate 1
Transfer5242.50
      04-13-2021, 03:53 PM   #75
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
So I need another trip, got to see this BSM.
The issue is it has black inlays instead of carbon. So if you don't mind paying extra for scratches and fingerprints in your interior, go for it.
      04-15-2021, 04:46 PM   #76
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
I am going into BMW Seattle for a track inspection next week. I cant wait to see the new M3 and M4.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 05:28 PM   #77
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
The issue is it has black inlays instead of carbon. So if you don't mind paying extra for scratches and fingerprints in your interior, go for it.
I’m waiting for AWD and I never buy off the lot so I’m guessing I won’t have it until September earliest. And if my trusted CA decide to go against his 20 years behavior and all of a sudden decide to mark up the car, well then it can take a lot longer. Markups will never happen in my world.
Appreciate 1
Transfer5242.50
      04-15-2021, 09:52 PM   #78
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
I’m waiting for AWD and I never buy off the lot so I’m guessing I won’t have it until September earliest. And if my trusted CA decide to go against his 20 years behavior and all of a sudden decide to mark up the car, well then it can take a lot longer. Markups will never happen in my world.
What i mean by paying extra is that the black inlays are technically an Individual item, its like a grand or something. The carbon fiber interior actually costs less and you get more stuff like the steering wheel. What a freaking mess.
      04-16-2021, 10:45 AM   #79
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What i mean by paying extra is that the black inlays are technically an Individual item, its like a grand or something. The carbon fiber interior actually costs less and you get more stuff like the steering wheel. What a freaking mess.
Ah ok, so it has piano black interior trim? Yeah, that’s a PITA, CF trim is much easier to maintain.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 09:38 PM   #80
Transfer
Major General
Rep

I stopped by Bellevue today because website shows pics for a Tanzanite blue M4, and black M4, and a Brooklyn grey M4. Unfortunately the grey one is the only one they have with the other two sold. I gotta say now that I've seen Brooklyn grey a few times, don't believe nearly any of the pics on Bimmerpost. They are nearly all blown out and show it is far brighter than it actually is. It has more brown than blue from what I can tell (although does have some blue in it) and is much darker than the pics. I really really like it. And damn if the M4 doesn't look absolutely killer in person IMO. I think it blows the M3 out of the water. I asked about xDrive models and very nice but predictably clueless salesperson thought maybe one could be ordered but wasn't sure when they were available. This person was helpful though.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 10:50 PM   #81
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydntydj View Post
Why do you guys want AWD? I guess I've got an SUV if I need to go anywhere with heavy snow.
thing is you can't really put power down with 500hp.... specially when damp...

and with the M3/4 you can do 4WD / 4WD sport or 2WD so you can do 4WD or 2WD with the push of a button
Appreciate 1
themnmd1687.00
      05-15-2021, 11:09 PM   #82
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
I am going into BMW Seattle for a track inspection next week. I cant wait to see the new M3 and M4.
Which events are you going to?
Also what does BMW Seattle charge for track inspection now with brake flush ?

I used to do BMW and PCA events in the past but lately I found the Proformance events are much better...

Not only they are cheaper $245 instead of $300+ but also the format is much better... there are no groups and it's open lapping so you go in/out whenever you want... so instead of 5-6 sessions of 20mins you get more track time and less wait time while waiting for your run group, and also it doesn't take all day

I'm signed up for the twilight lapping on the 28th https://proformanceracingschool.com/...s-drag-racing/

this is a special event 5pm-9pm ... most other regular days are 11am-5pm like this https://proformanceracingschool.com/...e-drag-racing/

I found these events much better so you don't have to spend a whole day like with bmw or pca from 7am to 5pm with 1 hour waits in between... and you even get more track time

You do need some experience though as there no run groups, people need to know what they are doing so either you need to take some of their school and get signed off solo or have similar experience as they can check motorsportreg history.... after that they give you their Sport driving license which lets you go solo for any of their events

Last edited by pikcachu; 05-15-2021 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 11:11 PM   #83
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Are any dealer doing test drives ?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 11:17 PM   #84
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

there is one black M4C 3 houses down the street near my house and I don't know what it is but it looks very underwhelming

The rear doesn't feel very wide... on a quick look you could confuse it by a regular 4 series.... Maybe it's the black that hides a lot of the lines but every day I walk by and look at it, it's not impressive at all.....very disappointing ....

Seems like the M3C feels much wider on the rear

the orange seats are really nice though....
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 08:22 AM   #85
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Which events are you going to?
Also what does BMW Seattle charge for track inspection now with brake flush ?

I used to do BMW and PCA events in the past but lately I found the Proformance events are much better...

Not only they are cheaper $245 instead of $300+ but also the format is much better... there are no groups and it's open lapping so you go in/out whenever you want... so instead of 5-6 sessions of 20mins you get more track time and less wait time while waiting for your run group, and also it doesn't take all day

I'm signed up for the twilight lapping on the 28th https://proformanceracingschool.com/...s-drag-racing/

this is a special event 5pm-9pm ... most other regular days are 11am-5pm like this https://proformanceracingschool.com/...e-drag-racing/

I found these events much better so you don't have to spend a whole day like with bmw or pca from 7am to 5pm with 1 hour waits in between... and you even get more track time

You do need some experience though as there no run groups, people need to know what they are doing so either you need to take some of their school and get signed off solo or have similar experience as they can check motorsportreg history.... after that they give you their Sport driving license which lets you go solo for any of their events
I went to the BMWCCA HPDE event on May 7th. I was in group C. Group was given the track with no instructors or radios in the car. Several instructors were on the track at the same time with flashing lights. You could follow them if you want. There were restrictive passing zones with passing only on the left.

BMW Seattle did my track inspection. It was $35 plus tax.

The BMWCCA HPDE was $300.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 10:31 AM   #86
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
I went to the BMWCCA HPDE event on May 7th. I was in group C. Group was given the track with no instructors or radios in the car. Several instructors were on the track at the same time with flashing lights. You could follow them if you want. There were restrictive passing zones with passing only on the left.

BMW Seattle did my track inspection. It was $35 plus tax.

The BMWCCA HPDE was $300.
ah nice.... doesn't BMW require a yearly break fluid flush ? or you had it done as part of other service before... ?

Nice...yeah on BMW i was running C solo also last time there and B on PCA.... Proformance also has passing zones too so it's not open passing but it's open lapping meaning there are no groups and you can go in an out of the track without any waits....

How may events have you done so far...?

Are you doing any other events next?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 10:40 AM   #87
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
ah nice.... doesn't BMW require a yearly break fluid flush ? or you had it done as part of other service before... ?

Nice...yeah on BMW i was running C solo also last time there and B on PCA.... Proformance also has passing zones too so it's not open passing but it's open lapping meaning there are no groups and you can go in an out of the track without any waits....

How may events have you done so far...?

Are you doing any other events next?
I had a brake flush in November as part of my regular service plan. So I didn’t need another one.

I don’t plan on doing any more events this year. I wanted to take the M2 out to see how it handled on the track. I have added a strut brace and Turner Motor Sports carbon fiber braces to stiffen the front end. The results were a very neutral handling car with no lean in the corners.

I getting to be too old for these track events I am afraid.
Appreciate 1
bri10425743.50
      05-22-2021, 10:15 PM   #88
tydntydj
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2019 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote: