BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

10-23-2021, 04:47 PM   #1
Theoskay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition X-Drive

Ordered the wrong wheels - options?

So my individual order M4 Competition X-drive is days away from arriving at port and I am now realizing the 826M bi-colors were ordered instead of the 825 bi-colors.

For context, my whole deposit/allocation/build process was a nightmare to say the least. Rep didn't get back to me for months following my July deposit and just this past Thursday decided to stop dodging me and told me my car is almost here( I had written off the prospects of getting the car completely, so this came as a shock). When I saw the wheels I wasn't happy.

Any advice on what to do? I know it's too late to switch but looking for creative solutions.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13021.50
      10-23-2021, 05:00 PM   #2
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoskay View Post
So my individual order M4 Competition X-drive is days away from arriving at port and I am now realizing the 826M bi-colors were ordered instead of the 825 bi-colors.

For context, my whole deposit/allocation/build process was a nightmare to say the least. Rep didn't get back to me for months following my July deposit and just this past Thursday decided to stop dodging me and told me my car is almost here( I had written off the prospects of getting the car completely, so this came as a shock). When I saw the wheels I wasn't happy.

Any advice on what to do? I know it's too late to switch but looking for creative solutions.
Post up in your local forum. I'm sure someone would trade
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2021, 05:05 PM   #3
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
You made the right choice.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 05:07 PM   #4
DoubleDave
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Post up in your local forum. I'm sure someone would trade
This.

Someone will be happy to trade you.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2021, 05:10 PM   #5
ByronWalter
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Just let them know that you need the wheel switch before consummating the transaction. Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone in the room
Appreciate 3
      10-23-2021, 05:18 PM   #6
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:

Just get aftermarket wheels. Way better options for looks going with new wheels
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 05:48 PM   #7
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:

I see this is your first post, so i was trying to figure out how you made it all this way, without knowing what wheels were on your car?

It sounds like, if you ordered that long ago, your dealer could have possibly not had an allocation right away. You would have ordered the car and left with a production number. Which you create an account on BMW USA and enter your production number in to MyGarage, and it shows you everything you ordered. See Pic Below. As you can see, you can track the entire build process, and you can even find out what vessel your car is shipped on, where it is, on the ocean, when it arrives at the port, and when its in route to the dealer, all without calling anyone. I ordered in July, and just received my car on the 19th, but I talked to my dealer 2-3 times in 3 months.

Id have to agree with everyone else, try posting them, online to see if someone is willing to trade with you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 06:06 PM   #8
Theoskay
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Quote:

I see this is your first post, so i was trying to figure out how you made it all this way, without knowing what wheels were on your car?

It sounds like, if you ordered that long ago, your dealer could have possibly not had an allocation right away. You would have ordered the car and left with a production number. Which you create an account on BMW USA and enter your production number in to MyGarage, and it shows you everything you ordered. See Pic Below. As you can see, you can track the entire build process, and you can even find out what vessel your car is shipped on, where it is, on the ocean, when it arrives at the port, and when its in route to the dealer, all without calling anyone. I ordered in July, and just received my car on the 19th, but I talked to my dealer 2-3 times in 3 months.

Id have to agree with everyone else, try posting them, online to see if someone is willing to trade with you.
Left the dealership before they had allocation so next steps were for the rep to let me know if/when they got allocation and if/when my order would go through. Followed up a bunch and as I mentioned in the original post, guy dodged me for MONTHS, so I wrote off the whole thing and figured I wasn't getting a car.

Should be noted that I didn't grace upon this great forum until recently and even know about the online tracking as I'm a first time BMW owner (to-be).
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13021.50
      10-23-2021, 06:25 PM   #9
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Obviously it's a matter of preference but I think the 826 bi color are a much nicer wheel. I would take a look at the car and see if you can live with it and I bet you'll be happy. You can always look for a trade which will be easy I bet since they are a very popular wheel
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13021.50
      10-23-2021, 07:34 PM   #10
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Perhaps the wheels you didn't want can be your winter wheel?
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2021, 08:31 PM   #11
M3GALLY
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2020 MDX, 2003 c320

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
I'll buy them off you to be my winter set
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2021, 10:49 PM   #12
Theoskay
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM3GALLY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
I'll buy them off you to be my winter set
Will be in touch after I see these things in person. I'm in Bayside often!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 11:24 PM   #13
omaralt
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3

Who's fault is it?

If it's the dealers fault it's on them to get you the correct wheels

If it's your fault then you live with it
2013 550i M sport Alpine White/Cinnamon (retired)
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 07:54 AM   #14
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:

Damn all my responses are over the top…

I can only think of Bill Bixby at this point.

" I need to change my rim order"

You can't change at this point
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 09:20 AM   #15
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

In the current environment, I would accept the car even if it had 4 space saver spares on it.
element561089.50
      10-24-2021, 09:26 AM   #16
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
In the current environment, I would accept the car even if it had 4 space saver spares on it.
This ^^^^

Getting a special order car at this point is like hitting the lottery. Take it and then figure out a trade with someone later.
Appreciate 1
element561089.50
      10-24-2021, 11:34 AM   #17
Theoskay
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
Quote:
This ^^^^

Getting a special order car at this point is like hitting the lottery. Take it and then figure out a trade with someone later.
Yea this seems like the right play. Also happy to see how easily most think it would be to trade with another member, which is great.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 02:30 PM   #18
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ah so you're the reason why BMW keeps raising the prices and taking features away...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 02:37 PM   #19
omaralt
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzanerazzurri View Post
Quote:
Ah so you're the reason why BMW keeps raising the prices and taking features away...
Lol no it's not. It's because of a shortage of parts
2013 550i M sport Alpine White/Cinnamon (retired)
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 07:53 PM   #20
PK1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
This is funny! And true…

I seem to have gotten lucky to get everything on my car except wireless charging - which is not all that great by all accounts
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 12:57 AM   #21
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
lol no it's not. It's because of a shortage of parts
🤦
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 07:12 PM   #22
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
An odd situation by the dealer. If you have the original order sheet signed, then you're stuck. But, if the dealer didn't show you one before placing your order, you have a leg to stand on.