BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-26-2021, 03:53 PM   #23
petrol_phxz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 X-Drive Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM3GALLY View Post
Is there an allocation update thread? One that states when dealers got their last allocation and if anyone knows when next is expected??
Not that i'm aware of. But typically BMW releases allocations at the end of the month, so if you are on a waiting list contact your CA if you don't hear anything by the end of the week to see what spot you moved up to.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 04:08 PM   #24
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SintAFM View Post
Also got my allocation on 24 July. Car hasn't even started being built yet (still status 112).

I originally thought I may get it by Thanksgiving timeframe, but even that seems optimistic now

Hearing all these many different stories, i think it is definitely safe to say your timeframe of getting the car solely relies on your spec.

I got my production number about a full month after you got your allocation, and i already moved into "production begins/status 150", sept 17.

I have a bare ass bones spec. Not a single package added.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 06:03 PM   #25
SintAFM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Also got my allocation on 24 July. Car hasn't even started being built yet (still status 112).

I originally thought I may get it by Thanksgiving timeframe, but even that seems optimistic now

Hearing all these many different stories, i think it is definitely safe to say your timeframe of getting the car solely relies on your spec.

I got my production number about a full month after you got your allocation, and i already moved into "production begins/status 150", sept 17.

I have a bare ass bones spec. Not a single package added.
Yeah should have caveated I have parking assist, exec, and lazerlights.

Parking assist is what seems to do everyone in
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 08:23 PM   #26
m5eattle
human
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by weefmower View Post
There's a long line of people in front of me, also. Seattle BMW thinks it will be a "couple weeks" to get an allocation. Based on the current rate of allocations, I'm figuring a couple of months -- just to get a production number! Going to call a broker friend in the midwest to see if he can arrange something faster.
I got a production number in July through BMW Seattle. The car's only in the paint booth right now. I only expect to see the car at the end of the year, if I'm lucky.

Given my experience, you should expect a car only about March/April 2022 if you do get an allocation soon.

Wow that seems crazy. Individual paint? Has genius quoted a week number?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 09:14 PM   #27
m5eattle
human
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
There's a long line of people in front of me, also. Seattle BMW thinks it will be a "couple weeks" to get an allocation. Based on the current rate of allocations, I'm figuring a couple of months -- just to get a production number! Going to call a broker friend in the midwest to see if he can arrange something faster.
I got a production number in July through BMW Seattle. The car’s only in the paint booth right now. I only expect to see the car at the end of the year, if I’m lucky.

Given my experience, you should expect a car only about March/April 2022 if you do get an allocation soon.
Also I don't know about your experience at Seattle but mine has been hit and miss. I hear different stories when I talk to CA vs general sales manager.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 09:49 PM   #28
M3GALLY
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2020 MDX, 2003 c320

Anyone think lane change assistant is all software and can be unlocked if you have drivers assistance package
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 11:43 PM   #29
SintAFM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I got a production number in July through BMW Seattle. The car's only in the paint booth right now. I only expect to see the car at the end of the year, if I'm lucky.

Wow that seems crazy. Individual paint? Has genius quoted a week number?
No individual paint... parking assist, exec package, and lazerlights.

Genius originally said Week 37. I'm going to call for a better update tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 12:58 PM   #30
M3GALLY
Captain
United_States
Rep

One of my two dealers received two allocations I'm now 4th in line. Checking in with the other, anyone else move up or get theirs?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 01:33 PM   #31
petrol_phxz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 X-Drive Comp.

Quote:
One of my two dealers received two allocations I'm now 4th in line. Checking in with the other, anyone else move up or get theirs?
Awaiting an update from my CA. Last month I moved up to 4th in live from 6th. I'm hoping i get a production number this week but I'm doubtful they will received 4 allocations this week.. Allocations seem to be very tight.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 03:15 PM   #32
Jurama81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i5 M60 and X7

Quote:
Did they receive them today?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 08:47 PM   #33
M3GALLY
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurama81 View Post
Quote:
Did they receive them today?
No idea exactly when as I was the one to check in and they just gave me my updated spot. My other dealer I'm on line with hasn't received any additional allocation but is expecting to have by end of next week. Could be bs.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 04:39 AM   #34
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
My other dealer I'm on line with hasn't received any additional allocation but is expecting to have by end of next week. Could be bs.
Sounds about right, actually. Dealers’ November allocations have been delayed from late September to early October (no specific date given to my local dealer GM). BMW probably needs an extra couple weeks to credibly determine exactly how much of what they can build.
Appreciate 0