Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDRive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischappers View Post
I got a quote for M4 Competition from Allianz for $1750 - excess $2500
Thanks chrischappers I'll give them a call. Btw are you in Sydney?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 05:36 AM   #24
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

So just an update on actual premium now that I added the car. 2022 M3C and 2020 X3MC is $2,200 yearly with geico. No accidents or tickets.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 10:22 PM   #25
chrischappers
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanibal74 View Post
Central Coast - also, quote was for overnight on driveway. Did my quote online - takes 2 mins.

Last edited by chrischappers; 08-22-2021 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: add info
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 05:16 AM   #26
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Central Coast - also, quote was for overnight on driveway. Did my quote online - takes 2 mins.
That's interesting. None of the quotes have come in at under 4K. That's allianz, nrma and Shannon's. I guess living in Sydney makes a big difference. Mine will be always garaged, I'm 47 and have not made a claim in decades.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 09:10 PM   #27
chrischappers
Rep

Quote:
That's interesting. None of the quotes have come in at under 4K. That's allianz, nrma and Shannon's. I guess living in Sydney makes a big difference. Mine will be always garaged, I'm 47 and have not made a claim in decades.
Quick update - I did some more research over the weekend. Front runner now in terms of price is CommBank - have you tried them?

Hoping to take delivery of my M4 comp next week - so looks like i'll be going with CommBank.
Appreciate 1
Hanibal74343.50
      08-30-2021, 11:09 PM   #28
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quick update - I did some more research over the weekend. Front runner now in terms of price is CommBank - have you tried them?

Hoping to take delivery of my M4 comp next week - so looks like i'll be going with CommBank.
Thanks chrischappers I was looking at Bmw insurance for some of the perks but I just applied online to CBA and it's come up with a very competitive price. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 01:23 AM   #29
chrischappers
Rep

Quote:
Thanks chrischappers I was looking at Bmw insurance for some of the perks but I just applied online to CBA and it's come up with a very competitive price. Thanks again.
You're welcome.

BMW insurance came in 2.5x my CommBank quote for me. Classic case of paying for the brand.

When do you pick up your car and from which dealership? What spec did you go for?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 03:21 AM   #30
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You're welcome.

BMW insurance came in 2.5x my CommBank quote for me. Classic case of paying for the brand.

When do you pick up your car and from which dealership? What spec did you go for?
Bmw came in at about 80% over CBA.

I've ordered the M3 xDrive
Tanzanite blue
825M wheels
Carbon Exterior pack
Red calipers
Kyalami Orange Carbon Seats

And yourself?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 01:21 AM   #31
chrischappers
Rep

Quote:

Tanzanite blue
825M wheels
Carbon Exterior pack
Red calipers

And yourself?

I've ordered the M4 Comp RWD

Dravit Grey
826M bi-colour wheels
Sunroof
Blue calipers
Silverstone/black interior

Decided not to go with the bucket seats as I'll be doing a fair bit of motorway driving and thought the regular seats would be a bit more comfortable.

It arrived at Port Kembla on 23 August - this last bit of the wait is the worst. Fingers crossed will be picking up next week.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 02:10 AM   #32
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Tanzanite blue
825M wheels
Carbon Exterior pack
Red calipers

And yourself?

I've ordered the M4 Comp RWD

Dravit Grey
826M bi-colour wheels
Sunroof
Blue calipers
Silverstone/black interior

Decided not to go with the bucket seats as I'll be doing a fair bit of motorway driving and thought the regular seats would be a bit more comfortable.

It arrived at Port Kembla on 23 August - this last bit of the wait is the worst. Fingers crossed will be picking up next week.
Nice spec!

Mine lands in Port Kembla tomorrow so I guess I will have at least a 2 week wait to get my hands on her.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 07:40 AM   #33
Gotta_Go_Fast
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4C xDrive, 13 STI (Hatch)

I have a M4Cx on the way and was quoted ~$1200 USD a year from Nationwide. I was quoted ~$1000 for an F90C which I guess is because it's a sedan…

Other relevant info, I'm 38 with nothing recent on my driving record. Had quite a few speeding tickets on my STI but they've dropped off my record. This is my third car on the policy with my STI and a Subi Ascent and I put all my deductibles at $2500 to lower the cost.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 09:31 PM   #34
chrischappers
Rep

Quote:
Nice spec!

Mine lands in Port Kembla tomorrow so I guess I will have at least a 2 week wait to get my hands on her.
Mine landed at Port Kembla 23rd August and still waiting for transport from the transport company depot to the dealership. This part of the wait is painful.

I did manage to find the following tracking link where you can plug your VIN and see where it is. Seems to be a 2 step process, where Prixcar pick it up and deliver to their depot in Kembla. Then it will get booked to be delivered to the dealership.

http://trackyourcar.prixcar.com.au/
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 10:35 PM   #35
yche
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

Quote:
Mine landed at Port Kembla 23rd August and still waiting for transport from the transport company depot to the dealership. This part of the wait is painful.

I did manage to find the following tracking link where you can plug your VIN and see where it is. Seems to be a 2 step process, where Prixcar pick it up and deliver to their depot in Kembla. Then it will get booked to be delivered to the dealership.

http://trackyourcar.prixcar.com.au/
My g82 arrived at Port Kembla yesterday, and I use your link found my car. I believe it's the compliance plate that takes some time. I expect to receive the car in 2 weeks. My dealer told me click & collect (contactless) is the way to get the car, but I will ask them to deliver it to my door. My friend purchased a new Mercedes-Benz, the car was delivered to his home.
Have you talked to the dealership, which you purchased with? How will they deliver the vehicle under the current covid restriction?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 12:11 AM   #36
chrischappers
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yche View Post
My g82 arrived at Port Kembla yesterday, and I use your link found my car. I believe it's the compliance plate that takes some time. I expect to receive the car in 2 weeks. My dealer told me click & collect (contactless) is the way to get the car, but I will ask them to deliver it to my door. My friend purchased a new Mercedes-Benz, the car was delivered to his home.
Have you talked to the dealership, which you purchased with? How will they deliver the vehicle under the current covid restriction?
Yeah, been harassing them twice a week. They are also doing click and collect OR home delivery. I will collect it as am doing a trade-in of my current car as part of the deal.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 01:39 AM   #37
yche
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

Quote:
Yeah, been harassing them twice a week. They are also doing click and collect OR home delivery. I will collect it as am doing a trade-in of my current car as part of the deal.
Nice color select, Dravit Grey is so special
I just can not make my way to the dealer, it's LGA and more than 5 km...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 06:26 PM   #38
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

What are the other forum members thoughts on agreed value vs market rate?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 07:47 PM   #39
chrischappers
Rep

Quote:
On previous cars i've always gone for market value. I figure if the car got written off somehow then you'd get a cheque for whatever the car would have been worth in the second hand market at the time of the incident so could go out and get a similar one.

A few policies say they will replace with new in the first 2 years of the cars life - so if you go market value, you should get a brand new one in that time period (my assumption).

Are you still going with CommBank? I went to buy my insurance yesterday, and just before payment it got referred so I I called the contact centre. Because of the value of the car, they add an additional "imposed" excess. I had opted for a $1700 excess to reduce premium, and with the imposed excess this increases to $3300.

Now i'm weighing up whether CommBank or NRMA is the better option.

Commbank = $1900 premium, $3300 excess
NRMA = $2500 premium, $2000 excess

I guess commbank still the leader if I look back at my prior claim history ie. 1 claim in 14 years of driving in Australia.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 01:12 AM   #40
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
On previous cars i've always gone for market value. I figure if the car got written off somehow then you'd get a cheque for whatever the car would have been worth in the second hand market at the time of the incident so could go out and get a similar one.

A few policies say they will replace with new in the first 2 years of the cars life - so if you go market value, you should get a brand new one in that time period (my assumption).

Are you still going with CommBank? I went to buy my insurance yesterday, and just before payment it got referred so I I called the contact centre. Because of the value of the car, they add an additional "imposed" excess. I had opted for a $1700 excess to reduce premium, and with the imposed excess this increases to $3300.

Now i'm weighing up whether CommBank or NRMA is the better option.

Commbank = $1900 premium, $3300 excess
NRMA = $2500 premium, $2000 excess

I guess commbank still the leader if I look back at my prior claim history ie. 1 claim in 14 years of driving in Australia.
I ended up going with CommBank as they were a lot cheaper. Around $2500 with a $1900 excess
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 04:11 AM   #41
robbo mcs
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and others

Quote:
I always go agreed value. That way there are no arguments about any payout. Market value, especially for a premium or exotic car, is debatable. If it was a toyota corolla, well then market value is much more clearly defined.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 03:37 PM   #42
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo mcs View Post
Quote:
I always go agreed value. That way there are no arguments about any payout. Market value, especially for a premium or exotic car, is debatable. If it was a toyota corolla, well then market value is much more clearly defined.
This is the first car I have done an agreed value on. I was surprised that the premium was still reasonable.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 09:24 PM   #43
skyscraper_g80
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Anyone had any experiences with claims from Commbank? Was thinking of going with Allianz but having read this thread, Commbank is even cheaper. I read some reviews on productreview and they weren't great (but then again, none of the insurers have good reviews)...
      11-02-2021, 06:37 PM   #44
Mp63
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C63s

Not sure how you gents are getting such good deals with insurance. Ive been quoted $7k left, right and centre
Appreciate 0