BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

08-13-2021, 07:48 AM   #23
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Honestly, I think they know that it will effect them very little. Other than a handful of people who take it personally and will not go back to them, the average Joe has a short memory.

And, like other ppl, I'll probably go to the closest dealership for service, even if I didnt buy the car from them.
Appreciate 1
JDUNITNOW3453.00
      08-13-2021, 08:17 AM   #24
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 DRAVIT GREY 6SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
I wonder if dealerships understand this will come back and bite them. I would assume that losing customers they took the time to build relationships with and not to mention the market will readjust for new and especially used cars will take a lot of people out the market for some time.
Dealerships are always about the quick buck now. Im in service at one. No one is loyal like in the old days. Ive tried to establish a relationship with Paul Miller BMW because I like to buy and service my cars in the same place but they pretty much forced me to buy elsewhere lol. Would not negoiate on my F80 and my G80 at all. And at one time I worked for the company at their Subaru dealership. Its so hard to gain a customer that actually spends money the deale and not just warranty work but easy as hell to lose one.

Last edited by ROBERT1183; 08-13-2021 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
JDUNITNOW3453.00
      08-13-2021, 12:26 PM   #25
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Edgar_86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
I wonder if dealerships understand this will come back and bite them. I would assume that losing customers they took the time to build relationships with and not to mention the market will readjust for new and especially used cars will take a lot of people out the market for some time.

I have to imagine that I’m not the only one slowly building a mental list of dealerships I will NEVER look do business with.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out long term.
I bought six BMW'S from years dealership I have a deposit with. Allocations are hard to come by now and won't get better this year. I am afraid to take my deposit back and get out of line for fear it will put me further behind. You would think buying a car like this would be exciting but not so much. it's funny that you are spending your hard earned money and they make you feel as if you are a inconvenience.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2021, 09:19 PM   #26
OMG80_M3
RaceTrackArt.com
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3

Looking to get out of my lease if anyone is interested. It’s listed both on eBay and swapalease. Located in Parsippany.

https://ebayvehicle.com/app/qfPzpQrs8Sgcw6T5A

https://www.swapalease.com/lease/det...?salid=1558767
Appreciate 0