AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 M4 Competition - IOMG

Garage List
M4 for rent - AZ

Hey everyone,

I just posted a brief intro/pics on a thread in the photos section, but I did want to make a formal introduction on the main page as well.

I've been a Turo Powerhost here in AZ for a few years now, and it's largely been a positive experience, save for a few unruly experiences. People are by and large highly respectful and have positive comments on what I've been able to offer from a fleet/experience perspective.

I've gone through several vehicles (991.2 Carrera, '20 Audi Q8, '18 Audi A5 Sportback) and now currently have a '21 Yukon AT4 and my new M4 Comp.

I figured this would be a perfect venue for folks here that are on the fence about the G8X to come and experience it for themselves before making a sizable financial commitment.

I hope this is an appropriate place for this post. I couldn't think of a better situation than work with people who share the same love affair with cars that I do.

Check out my car on Turo! https://turo.com/us/en/car-rental/un...-series/945953
GMV Auto158.00
      04-27-2021, 04:13 PM   #2
acre22f90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYounglove10 View Post
Hey everyone,

I just posted a brief intro/pics on a thread in the photos section, but I did want to make a formal introduction on the main page as well.

I've been a Turo Powerhost here in AZ for a few years now, and it's largely been a positive experience, save for a few unruly experiences. People are by and large highly respectful and have positive comments on what I've been able to offer from a fleet/experience perspective.

I've gone through several vehicles (991.2 Carrera, '20 Audi Q8, '18 Audi A5 Sportback) and now currently have a '21 Yukon AT4 and my new M4 Comp.

I figured this would be a perfect venue for folks here that are on the fence about the G8X to come and experience it for themselves before making a sizable financial commitment.

I hope this is an appropriate place for this post. I couldn't think of a better situation than work with people who share the same love affair with cars that I do.

Renting it out before break-in? Brave!

I certainly don't have the trust to do this, but glad to hear it has worked well for you!
      04-27-2021, 05:05 PM   #3
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACremona22 View Post
Quote:
Hey everyone,

Renting it out before break-in? Brave!

I certainly don't have the trust to do this, but glad to hear it has worked well for you!
Hey...it's well on its way there haha. Had it a week and a half and only have 500 miles to go before break in service.
      04-27-2021, 05:17 PM   #4
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Hey everyone,

This is awesome. A multi-day Turo rental in LA from another prolific Powerhost sold me on 2 M2 Competitions.

I wish you were closer; I would've definitely taken you up on this (I have a 6MT and haven't test driven the Competition yet).

Wishing you the best with the new fleet member!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 05:20 PM   #5
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Quote:
Hey everyone,

This is awesome. A multi-day Turo rental in LA from another prolific Powerhost sold me on 2 M2 Competitions.

I wish you were closer; I would've definitely taken you up on this (I have a 6MT and haven't test driven the Competition yet).

Thank you!

I'm hoping it works out as well. My 911 was gone 20-25 days/month, so I'm hoping to find a balance of income and actually getting to drive this myself every now and again.

Let me know next time you're in AZ, would be happy to meet up.

Best
      04-27-2021, 05:34 PM   #6
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey everyone,

Thank you!

I'm hoping it works out as well. My 911 was gone 20-25 days/month, so I'm hoping to find a balance of income and actually getting to drive this myself every now and again.

Let me know next time you're in AZ, would be happy to meet up.

Best
Here are a few photos of the previous cars for reference:
Attached Images

04-27-2021, 06:26 PM   #7
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Who takes your photos? Magazine-quality.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 06:31 PM   #8
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Who takes your photos? Magazine-quality.
A good friend of mine is quite the photographer here in town.

Check out his work:

https://www.thomasingersollphoto.com
      04-27-2021, 06:38 PM   #9
Takumi587
///M3 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05' M3 and 21' Tesla Model 3

Garage List
If you were in SoCal then I would have definitely signed up for 2-3 days.

I also had a few cars on Turo. Thinking about trying it out again. It used to be called something else though when I was on it.

Gl I’m positive the car will pay for itself!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 06:38 PM   #10
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Check out his work:

Your friend is an artist. That's top-flight stuff.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 07:41 PM   #11
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi587 View Post
If you were in SoCal then I would have definitely signed up for 2-3 days.

I also had a few cars on Turo. Thinking about trying it out again. It used to be called something else though when I was on it.

Gl I’m positive the car will pay for itself!
Thank you kindly.

If you're ever here in AZ, let me know.

I do work primarily with folks flying in/out of Phx Sky Harbor. I have a simple process for pickup/drop off or delivery.

Where in SoCal are you? I'll be in Coronado/San Diego area most of July and thinking of taking the cars with me. Need to beat the heat.

Best
      04-27-2021, 07:43 PM   #12
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Hey everyone,

I may take you up on this - this weekend. My lease is up in about a year on my C43 and I've been looking at M3's as a possible replacement. I live in the Moon Valley area. I've never rented on Turo however
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 07:43 PM   #13
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Check out his work:

Your friend is an artist. That's top-flight stuff.
You're not wrong. I was surprised he did my stuff at all, truthfully. Even with the friends/family rate, he was a good 3-5x the amount of the next closest bid. But he wanted a few automotive projects for his portfolio and I wanted someone reliable. Probably paid for itself 10x.
      04-27-2021, 11:13 PM   #14
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Sh@$! Makes we want to plan a trip to Phoenix! Good stuff.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 12:04 AM   #15
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
Quote:
Hey everyone,

I may take you up on this - this weekend. My lease is up in about a year on my C43 and I've been looking at M3's as a possible replacement. I live in the Moon Valley area. I've never rented on Turo however
Let me know. I'd be happy to walk you through it. I'm downtown Phoenix, so probably 15 minutes away.
      04-28-2021, 07:12 AM   #16
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
If I was in AZ I'd probably take you up on this. Does your car have the drift analyzer? LOL

I've thought about doing this myself, but my cars tend to be manuals, and I'm not going to let some bozo burn up my clutch for a $200 rental.

Glad to hear that you've had mostly positive experiences though. I guess most people are inherently good. It's one thing to trash a Hertz Malibu, it's something else when the car actually belongs to a person.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 09:19 AM   #17
AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
Quote:
If I was in AZ I'd probably take you up on this. Does your car have the drift analyzer? LOL

I've thought about doing this myself, but my cars tend to be manuals, and I'm not going to let some bozo burn up my clutch for a $200 rental.

Glad to hear that you've had mostly positive experiences though. I guess most people are inherently good. It's one thing to trash a Hertz Malibu, it's something else when the car actually belongs to a person.
This thread was apparently moved to the region section from the moderators - it was on the general section before.

Let me know if there's anyone on the AZ region interested in connecting in general.
      05-07-2021, 10:08 AM   #18
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Let me know. I'd be happy to walk you through it. I'm downtown Phoenix, so probably 15 minutes away.
Awesome! I just created a Turo account and I think I'm going to reserve next Fri - Sun.

Any chance you can drop off the car to my house? If not, I can take an uber to your place...feel free to PM me also if that's easier!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 01:05 PM   #19
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Bumping this thread - I had the pleasure of renting AYounglove10 M4 Comp the past few days via Turo and what an experience. The car is absolutely perfect (obviously) and has 1000 miles.

This was my first time driving a real M car and wow...that's all I can say. This is definitely my next car. The car is almost too fast, especially on the highway. You are hitting 100 before you know it; I will save money for ticket expenses.

It was kind of shocking the amount of attention this car gets. We had pedestrians stop in front of the car multiple times and giving us a thumbs up. I got gas 2 times and was approached also.

Comfort seats are great - I think the carbon fiber seats would be too uncomfortable on long trips.

Overall, I can't thank Austin enough for a fantastic experience. He is super easy to work with and pickup / drop off was a breeze.

Glad I did this because I know this is my next car now
Appreciate 2
02M3ForMe4255.50
phxF80348.50
      06-05-2021, 04:45 PM   #20
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Looks like one of your renters did a review on your car.

Appreciate 0