BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

09-16-2022, 06:06 PM   #265
mileta8
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 G82

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron.ricci View Post
Hey Team!

Just placed an order an m4 comp xdrive build! One thing I didn't consider was the beautiful bucket seats M has to offer.

Reason being is this as this will my one and only daily driver in busy San Diego.

"Fitting" into the seat is not my main concern but more so transitioning in and out of the car over the bolsters, traffic and longer drives, and my .01% empathy for any lady passenger me in place??

I do plan on fully experiencing the AWD thrill hauling this thing into some bends, so my one and my only concern is - are the standard seats compromised with a lack of keeping one in place? Am I over thinking this? Any advise is greatly appreciated from those in standard seats! Thank you all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron.ricci View Post
Hey Team!

Just placed an order an m4 comp xdrive build! One thing I didn't consider was the beautiful bucket seats M has to offer.

Reason being is this as this will my one and only daily driver in busy San Diego.

"Fitting" into the seat is not my main concern but more so transitioning in and out of the car over the bolsters, traffic and longer drives, and my .01% empathy for any lady passenger me in place??

I do plan on fully experiencing the AWD thrill hauling this thing into some bends, so my one and my only concern is - are the standard seats compromised with a lack of keeping one in place? Am I over thinking this? Any advise is greatly appreciated from those in standard seats! Thank you all!
I picked up my new m4 few days ago with full optional an of course with carbon bucket seats.
I have to drive it for about 2000 km (cca 1300 miles). 2 days trip. I have done in one day 1300 km and im fully satisfied with them. No pain, no Any problem with comfort for such a long ride.
As a daily i found my way how to go in and out of the car without any problems. Im using my car as a daily in small city where is everthing close to me. If you have the m4 maybe a problem will be if you havent enought space to open the door (that i think with the m3 is easyer beacuse the door is smaller).
In my opinion go for the bucket seats!!

I red a lot of articles here, and i have no regrats about my order. I hope that i help.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 06:20 PM   #266
mdr955
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rq07 View Post
6' 1" and 195 lbs. Average build, and let me tell you, these carbon bucket seats were the best option I added to the car.

I daily the thing. It hasn't even been more than a month since I took delivery of my M3 xDrive, and I've already added 2700 miles onto it.

Getting in and out was a learning curve, but it's definitely not as difficult as some of the people on this forum make it out to be. These seats are incredibly comfortable for me, and I don't feel fatigued even after 7-hour road trips.
How are you liking the buckets now? Still happy ? (I’m the same size 6’1 180 want to make sure I fit!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2023, 05:52 PM   #267
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Who keeps reviving these threads from years ago!?
Appreciate 1
BzsBimmer3238.00
      08-23-2023, 07:31 PM   #268
mdr955
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
Who keeps reviving these threads from years ago!?
Most of the posts in here were from people who had their cars a short time. Figured a year or two later minds may have changed?!?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 04:22 PM   #269
Gatti-man
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 m4 comp xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdr955 View Post
How are you liking the buckets now? Still happy ? (I’m the same size 6’1 180 want to make sure I fit!
I’m 6’ 200lbs 32” waist and it’s fantastic. I drove some m4’s on COTA without the carbon seats and missed mine dearly. The carbon seats are some of the best seats I’ve ever sat in. I daily mine 7k miles so far.

If you have trouble getting in just use some leather conditioner on the left holster and youll slip right in😂
Appreciate 1