BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

12-11-2021, 05:21 PM   #23
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Beautiful! Congrats!
Appreciate 1
lorlush68.50
      12-14-2021, 05:24 PM   #24
lorlush
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

a few more pics

Ceramic+Tint+Winter rubber
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
chicagofan0019216.50
ando2003.50
02M3ForMe4266.00
      12-14-2021, 05:38 PM   #25
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM_G808 View Post
Hey Vic55 I recently sold my BSM G80 but have an opportunity to pick a Frozen Portimao xdrive arriving in a couple weeks. Was the change to xDrive worth it to you?
I dont know how I missed this but.... better late than never.

I would say yes the Xdrive is a great replacement to a RWD comp but its not a incredibly different car outside of the launch capabilities. Of course, weather, roads, conditions, will always be a factor in choosing RWD or AWD but if you have the chance to get an X and at a good price; snatch that bitch.

I wrote this in another thread on thoughts:

Quote:
I have owned both--- key indicators for me:

1. weather- if you live in non inclement weather you will be fine with either
2. tuning- if modding with hp/tq gains then X drive is key for grip
3. If all you do and love is dig races- X drive is the one in the real world
4. If you do controlled rolling races and tenths matter then RWD will be the advantage up top

I didnt dump my RWD because I wanted the X drive. I sold it because of the immense profit I made AND that the XDrive or any G80 Comp was available (Sept). I have no bias and would happily get a RWD car again. Outside of the extra drive shaft, the looks are identical on equally optioned cars. Steering is just a minute different since there is the added front axle weight but its negligible. If 50kg matters to you then get the RWD.

I see you live in NY-- I think I personally would get the X Drive.

My experiences are based on true ownership and not in a controlled environment but daily- everyday atmosphere.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
lorlush68.50
      12-14-2021, 09:21 PM   #26
JEM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 XDrive

Looks incredible, grats!

What's the upkeep like on frozen colors?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 02:03 AM   #27
unseen orko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330i, Audi Q5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM_G808 View Post
Hey Vic55 I recently sold my BSM G80 but have an opportunity to pick a Frozen Portimao xdrive arriving in a couple weeks. Was the change to xDrive worth it to you?
I dont know how I missed this but.... better late than never.

I would say yes the Xdrive is a great replacement to a RWD comp but its not a incredibly different car outside of the launch capabilities. Of course, weather, roads, conditions, will always be a factor in choosing RWD or AWD but if you have the chance to get an X and at a good price; snatch that bitch.

I wrote this in another thread on thoughts:

Quote:
I have owned both--- key indicators for me:

1. weather- if you live in non inclement weather you will be fine with either
2. tuning- if modding with hp/tq gains then X drive is key for grip
3. If all you do and love is dig races- X drive is the one in the real world
4. If you do controlled rolling races and tenths matter then RWD will be the advantage up top

I didnt dump my RWD because I wanted the X drive. I sold it because of the immense profit I made AND that the XDrive or any G80 Comp was available (Sept). I have no bias and would happily get a RWD car again. Outside of the extra drive shaft, the looks are identical on equally optioned cars. Steering is just a minute different since there is the added front axle weight but its negligible. If 50kg matters to you then get the RWD.

I see you live in NY-- I think I personally would get the X Drive.

My experiences are based on true ownership and not in a controlled environment but daily- everyday atmosphere.
Vic,

I didn't win the tire lottery. Getting the Pzero tires. Since you had both cars, I assume one of them was PS4? Can you compare the two?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 09:35 AM   #28
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by unseen orko View Post
Vic,

I didn't win the tire lottery. Getting the Pzero tires. Since you had both cars, I assume one of them was PS4? Can you compare the two?
I indeed had both sets.

Ill share my experience as non track junkie but yet a very aggressive driver. In a non track experience that is not pre meditated in nature and both sets are to optimal temps; it will be very hard to determine a true difference via rolling and turning (digs are not fair to measure since I have PS4 on the X and Pirelli on the RWD). But as I drive my X in 4WD Sport even if I had inferior tires on that car, the drivetrain would maintain grip and skew the comparo.

The problem is that we all love to watch videos and tests but those are controlled with professional drivers. The layman, as most of us are here, will not notice the difference on the street with proper temps and equal optioned cars (x vs x).
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 12-15-2021 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2021, 03:29 PM   #29
unseen orko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330i, Audi Q5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseen orko View Post
Vic,

I indeed had both sets.

Ill share my experience as non track junkie but yet a very aggressive driver. In a non track experience that is not pre meditated in nature and both sets are to optimal temps; it will be very hard to determine a true difference via rolling and turning (digs are not fair to measure since I have PS4 on the X and Pirelli on the RWD). But as I drive my X in 4WD Sport even if I had inferior tires on that car, the drivetrain would maintain grip and skew the comparo.

The problem is that we all love to watch videos and tests but those are controlled with professional drivers. The layman, as most of us are here, will not notice the difference on the street with proper temps and equal optioned cars (x vs x).
Thanks a lot Vic. Appreciate the feedback. I'm going to keep p zero and see how it goes.
Appreciate 0