BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

04-27-2024, 09:08 AM   #67
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M View Post
I think you are stuck in the past.
I got 7% off MSRP on the Macan S within 15 minutes of negotiations.
I ended up getting a GTS.
There are plenty of Cayenne and Macan allocations out there and 2025s are around the corner.
You can get a discount on basically anything in the lineup now sans GT cars. I got discounts on both of my GT4s when I bought them, but that is an exception due to my relationship with my dealer. Overall, you should be getting something off nearly any normal car from Porsche especially if you're a repeat customer.

Will be interesting to see how it turns out for them, because they're back to producing more cars, and the used market is flooded with cars - GTs included and prices have def started to drop off.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 09:26 AM   #68
WWM3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
In what way does a 992 C2S or C4S “destroy” a G8x?

I’ve driven practically every 992 Carrera variant and “destroy” is definitely not the word I’d use to describe the driving experience versus the G8x. My view is they’re actually quite evenly matched, with some elements of the drive better in the 992, but absolutely within the same ballpark, and at exceptionally high cost and with meaningful compromises in other areas. Coming from the G8x, I never got to a place where I could justify spending the price difference for one.

I’ve owned multiple 992 Turbo S and that is the only non-GT 992 that feels (and is) properly head and shoulders above the G8x.
I think this is generally spot on. I'd rather a G8X over a Carrera T or S.
However, I've spent time in a 992 GTS and I found that to be a superior car to the G8X as well.
      04-27-2024, 12:21 PM   #69
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
You can get a discount on basically anything in the lineup now sans GT cars. I got discounts on both of my GT4s when I bought them, but that is an exception due to my relationship with my dealer. Overall, you should be getting something off nearly any normal car from Porsche especially if you're a repeat customer.

Will be interesting to see how it turns out for them, because they're back to producing more cars, and the used market is flooded with cars - GTs included and prices have def started to drop off.
I have never owned a Porsche before my Macan now.
Zero relationship with any Porsche dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 01:18 PM   #70
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWM3 View Post
I think this is generally spot on. I'd rather a G8X over a Carrera T or S.
However, I've spent time in a 992 GTS and I found that to be a superior car to the G8X as well.
I've done a lot of driving in the GTS as well, but really didnt feel materially better than an S to me (in fact of the multiple GTS cars I've owned it was marginal at best), especially not for 2X the price of a G8x assuming no mark-up. With some of the ADMs, people are 225-250K for a GTS. Then again, you also need to consider that there is the CS and CSL (both considerably cheaper than a GTS), which the CSL does perform better than the GTS (it was very close on N'Ring with a GT4RS). Not sure I've seen much on the CS but it would probably perform better as well given its a slight bit quicker than the G8x Comp.
Appreciate 1
WWM3968.00
      04-27-2024, 01:22 PM   #71
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M View Post
I have never owned a Porsche before my Macan now.
Zero relationship with any Porsche dealer.
My point was that discounts should be normal now by and large, more so if you're a good customer. I remember when I bought my Macan GTS in 2018 it was at 10% off which is invoice.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:43 PM   #72
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
My point was that discounts should be normal now by and large, more so if you're a good customer. I remember when I bought my Macan GTS in 2018 it was at 10% off which is invoice.
That isn’t really the case. They are there, but not normal. Porsche still is supply constrained. Unless you are solely talking about Macans.
Appreciate 0