BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - California

05-09-2022, 03:49 PM   #1
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

West LA / SFV Dealer Recommendations (service)

Looking for recommendations for dealers in west LA or the valley, specifically for service. Out of these, which ones have been good to work with and which ones to avoid?

Santa Monica BMW
BMW of Sherman Oaks (formerly Center BMW)
Bob Smith BMW
Beverly Hills BMW
Century West BMW

I have a long standing relationship with a Bay Area dealer where I've gotten all my BMWs. However, my inbound M3 will spend its life in LA and I currently have no relationship with any dealers in that area.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 05:26 PM   #2
adr_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp RWD Oxide Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Looking for recommendations for dealers in west LA or the valley, specifically for service. Out of these, which ones have been good to work with and which ones to avoid?

Santa Monica BMW
BMW of Sherman Oaks (formerly Center BMW)
Bob Smith BMW
Beverly Hills BMW
Century West BMW

I have a long standing relationship with a Bay Area dealer where I've gotten all my BMWs. However, my inbound M3 will spend its life in LA and I currently have no relationship with any dealers in that area.

I recently had my G80 serviced at Beverly Hills BMW for a climate control issue and had a flawless experience; they were able to identify and rectify the issue quickly and I had my car back within 24 hours. I would have gone to Rusnak BMW where I bought it from but that would have been too far of a trek during the week and I wanted the issue resolved quickly.

Last edited by adr_M3; 05-17-2022 at 11:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 06:14 PM   #3
kDot17
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Tapping into this thread because I am curious as well. Going to need my break-in service in a few weeks. I purchased from Beverly Hills but I'm in the SFV so I'm hoping Sherman Oaks service isn't too bad lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 10:19 PM   #4
Curious41
Private
Rep
Drives: '22 M3C, '23 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by kDot17 View Post
Tapping into this thread because I am curious as well. Going to need my break-in service in a few weeks. I purchased from Beverly Hills but I'm in the SFV so I'm hoping Sherman Oaks service isn't too bad lol.
I live closer to Century West but have been taking my cars to Sherman Oaks for years. For regular maintenance services I’m in and out within an hour usually. I rather get my car back ASAP instead of a loaner.
Appreciate 1
kDot17388.00
      05-18-2022, 01:26 PM   #5
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep

Good to know. Sherman Oaks does look a lot smaller than the other dealerships, so that makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 04:39 PM   #6
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep

Anyone else care to chime in? Will be scheduling break-in service soon at either Sherman Oaks or Century West pending more feedback.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 05:12 PM   #7
adr_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp RWD Oxide Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Anyone else care to chime in? Will be scheduling break-in service soon at either Sherman Oaks or Century West pending more feedback.

Thanks
I've gone to Beverly Hills BMW twice now for service (once for an A/C issue and the other for break-in) and had excellent service and quick turnaround both time (Jose Virgen was my maintenance rep on both visits.) I ruled out getting service at any dealership that charged a markup or was wantonly impolite during my search (Sherman Oaks, Bob Smith, Century West, New Century, Pacific BMW, South Bay BMW, Nick Alexander, BMW Monrovia) since dealerships make money on service claims.
Appreciate 0