G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Southeast

12-10-2022, 08:58 PM   #1
////\/\3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 BMW M3 XDrive

Garage List
Calling the Raleigh, NC G8X Folks

After waiting 7 months for an allocation and 4 months for the build, plus a nother month waiting on a vessel. I'm finally on a boat!

I'm aware of the Cars in Coffees all around the Raleigh NC area, but wanted to see if we had any other G8x folks on the forums around Raleigh. Would be cool to meet up sometime and get a photoshoot, lunch, or something with all the G8X's in the area. I would love to see all the different builds too.
Appreciate 2
      12-16-2022, 08:04 AM   #2
placebo0311
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ////\/\3 View Post
After waiting 7 months for an allocation and 4 months for the build, plus a nother month waiting on a vessel. I'm finally on a boat!

I'm aware of the Cars in Coffees all around the Raleigh NC area, but wanted to see if we had any other G8x folks on the forums around Raleigh. Would be cool to meet up sometime and get a photoshoot, lunch, or something with all the G8X's in the area. I would love to see all the different builds too.
Just south of Raleigh here, 2023 M3 Comp picked it up at Southpoint a few weeks ago!
Appreciate 2
      12-16-2022, 09:09 AM   #3
////\/\3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by placebo0311 View Post
Just south of Raleigh here, 2023 M3 Comp picked it up at Southpoint a few weeks ago!
Awesome to see I'm not the only one in the area! I'm just North of Raleigh.

Grats on the new ride! What specs? Would love to see some pics.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 10:12 AM   #4
placebo0311
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Awesome to see I'm not the only one in the area! I'm just North of Raleigh.

Grats on the new ride! What specs? Would love to see some pics.
Portimao Blue Metallic and Ivory interior with Piano Black trim. I'll try and get some pics this weekend to post before going into the shop for some mod work. . How about yours?
Appreciate 1
////\/\3626.00
      12-16-2022, 10:40 AM   #5
////\/\3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Portimao Blue Metallic and Ivory interior with Piano Black trim. I'll try and get some pics this weekend to post before going into the shop for some mod work. . How about yours?
Waiting patiently for the ship to get to the US, but when she does:

My23 M3 Comp Xdrive
Individual Color (Singapore Grey Metallic)
Black Extended Merino Leather
Blue Calipers
Executive Package
Parking Assistance Package
BMW M 50 Years Emblems
Carbon Fiber Trim
Iconic Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight
Drive Recorder
Wireless Device Charging
Personal eSIM 5G
M Double-spoke Black Wheels, 826M
M Drive Professional
M Shadowline Lights
M Carbon Bucket Seats
M Carbon Exterior Package
MPP Dive Planes
MPP Carbon Fiber Rear Winglets
MPP Carbon Fiber Front Splitter
MPP Carbon Fiber Side Skirts
MPP Carbon Fiber Door Sill
MPP Carbon Fiber Side Grilles
MPP Chassis

Looking forward to the pics! What mods you getting done? Also who do you trust here in the triangle to do the work?
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2022, 12:26 PM   #6
placebo0311
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Waiting patiently for the ship to get to the US, but when she does:

My23 M3 Comp Xdrive
Individual Color (Singapore Grey Metallic)
Black Extended Merino Leather
Blue Calipers
Executive Package
Parking Assistance Package
BMW M 50 Years Emblems
Carbon Fiber Trim
Iconic Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight
Drive Recorder
Wireless Device Charging
Personal eSIM 5G
M Double-spoke Black Wheels, 826M
M Drive Professional
M Shadowline Lights
M Carbon Bucket Seats
M Carbon Exterior Package
MPP Dive Planes
MPP Carbon Fiber Rear Winglets
MPP Carbon Fiber Front Splitter
MPP Carbon Fiber Side Skirts
MPP Carbon Fiber Door Sill
MPP Carbon Fiber Side Grilles
MPP Chassis

Looking forward to the pics! What mods you getting done? Also who do you trust here in the triangle to do the work?
Nice build!!

Getting the following done next week:
- AWE SwitchPath Exhaust
- Dahler valve controller
- Fall line oil cooler guard
- Dinan strut ball joint kit
- MSS HAS kit
- Macht Snell spacers
- R44 gloss black front lip and air ducts

I'm using North Raleigh Performance for the install (NRP). Great shop, the guys there are awesome. I think they're a relatively new shop (only been in business a couple of years), but I very much recommend them.
Appreciate 2
////\/\3626.00
M3Diaz335.50
      12-16-2022, 03:51 PM   #7
////\/\3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice build!!

Getting the following done next week:
- AWE SwitchPath Exhaust
- Dahler valve controller
- Fall line oil cooler guard
- Dinan strut ball joint kit
- MSS HAS kit
- Macht Snell spacers
- R44 gloss black front lip and air ducts

I'm using North Raleigh Performance for the install (NRP). Great shop, the guys there are awesome. I think they're a relatively new shop (only been in business a couple of years), but I very much recommend them.
Nice list!!!

That's going to be sweet! I think I've heard of them before. I'll have to check'm out when my baby gets here.

Gotta get some before and after shots. Interested in hearing how she sounds after the exhaust. I'm still waiting on them to crack the ECU here in the states. Might have to go the piggyback route in the meantime. You thinking about getting her tuned?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 12:08 PM   #8
placebo0311
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice list!!!

That's going to be sweet! I think I've heard of them before. I'll have to check'm out when my baby gets here.

Gotta get some before and after shots. Interested in hearing how she sounds after the exhaust. I'm still waiting on them to crack the ECU here in the states. Might have to go the piggyback route in the meantime. You thinking about getting her tuned?
Oh yea I'm definitely going to get tuned at some point, and I've been going back and forth on that for a while whether to get a piggyback. I think I'm going to wait though until someone finally cracks it. I've been in STi's for 14 years and am used to custom tuning and have always preferred that route. Not having these piggybacks provide a solution for a custom tune later is also kind of a deterrent for me. I'm good with the power for now so I don't have a problem waiting but we'll see what I'm saying if no one has cracked this in 2023 haha
Appreciate 1
////\/\3626.00
      12-17-2022, 07:45 PM   #9
////\/\3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh yea I'm definitely going to get tuned at some point, and I've been going back and forth on that for a while whether to get a piggyback. I think I'm going to wait though until someone finally cracks it. I've been in STi's for 14 years and am used to custom tuning and have always preferred that route. Not having these piggybacks provide a solution for a custom tune later is also kind of a deterrent for me. I'm good with the power for now so I don't have a problem waiting but we'll see what I'm saying if no one has cracked this in 2023 haha
Can agree, I can't wait to see the difference between the F80 and the G80 in terms of power and how the two out it down to the tires. I had a Bootmod3 stage 2 tune on my F80. I'd love to transfer the account over to the G80, but can't see myself shipping my ECU to Russia. I'll wait as long as I can for us to crack it here in the states, but if it takes much longer I might visit a JB piggyback.

My boy is all about the STI, great cars and they look good too. I've always personally been into the performance and luxury of a BMW. This will be my 6th BMW, not including the S1000RR.
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2022, 07:58 AM   #10
placebo0311
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Can agree, I can't wait to see the difference between the F80 and the G80 in terms of power and how the two out it down to the tires. I had a Bootmod3 stage 2 tune on my F80. I'd love to transfer the account over to the G80, but can't see myself shipping my ECU to Russia. I'll wait as long as I can for us to crack it here in the states, but if it takes much longer I might visit a JB piggyback.

My boy is all about the STI, great cars and they look good too. I've always personally been into the performance and luxury of a BMW. This will be my 6th BMW, not including the S1000RR.
Yea they are fun cars, great mod community and good entry point. Too bad they stopped making them.

Technically my 3rd BMW. Had a 2022 M3 and sold that to get into the 2023. Had a M340i previously. Love the brand. How do you like BM3? I've been looking at tuners to see what options there are. Sounds like BM3 is the programming tool? Who did you use to do the tuning?
Appreciate 1
////\/\3626.00
      12-18-2022, 08:46 AM   #11
////\/\3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea they are fun cars, great mod community and good entry point. Too bad they stopped making them.

Technically my 3rd BMW. Had a 2022 M3 and sold that to get into the 2023. Had a M340i previously. Love the brand. How do you like BM3? I've been looking at tuners to see what options there are. Sounds like BM3 is the programming tool? Who did you use to do the tuning?
Yeah that blew me away (Suburu not making the STI anymore).

It's an all in one, type deal. They have off the shelf tunes and you can have custom ones made for you by large community of tuners. You can have your favorite tuner make you a map too. Can also adjust the tunes to do things like remove the speed limiter and adjust burbles. I personally like BM3.

I've had a few 340i's and used JB+ and JB4 in the past with those. If you're looking to keep warranty the piggybacks are nice, because you can just remove them before bringing in the car for service.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2022, 08:56 AM   #12
TomzBmw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18x5-11z4-23m3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [9.83]
2011 BMW Z4 3.0  [0.00]
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
Good morning Raleighites! I'm just east of Raleigh and pick up my baby at PCD on 1/27 (arrived in Brunswick last week). M3CX, Skyscraper Grey over full Kyalami. Exec, Driving, Parking, carbon interior/exterior and Mdrive professional packages.Met the guys at North Raleigh Performance getting brake work done on my X5. Will likely use them on mods. Who did y'all use for PPF, ceramic, etc? Looking for full front end ppf and want a quality shop. TIA
Appreciate 1
////\/\3626.00
      12-18-2022, 02:26 PM   #13
placebo0311
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomzBmw View Post
Good morning Raleighites! I'm just east of Raleigh and pick up my baby at PCD on 1/27 (arrived in Brunswick last week). M3CX, Skyscraper Grey over full Kyalami. Exec, Driving, Parking, carbon interior/exterior and Mdrive professional packages.Met the guys at North Raleigh Performance getting brake work done on my X5. Will likely use them on mods. Who did y'all use for PPF, ceramic, etc? Looking for full front end ppf and want a quality shop. TIA
Congrats on the car! I did Tintworld in Cary for my PPF on my 2022. Still undecided if I'm going to do it on my 2023, but if I do, I'd use them again. Looked great, good price and they did it in 2 days no fuss.
Appreciate 3
TomzBmw384.00
////\/\3626.00
Rosco P225.00
      12-18-2022, 04:17 PM   #14
////\/\3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice to see someone else from the forums in the area too!

Once I pick her up I'll be using my brother in-law down in Florida. He owns a shop there. Not sure about anyone reputable around here. Why I'm thinking of making the drive.
Appreciate 1
TomzBmw384.00
      01-06-2023, 10:24 AM   #15
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

I like the idea of a G8x get-together in the RTP area. Not sure the best way to get out the word and schedule it.

Are most of us BMW CCA members, you think? If so, I could probably get our area coordinator (Rob McIsaac) to send out a note on the email list.

I plan to be at C&C tomorrow, but likely will not park my car in the "show" area, as it's just too darn difficult to get in and out.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 1
////\/\3626.00
      01-06-2023, 10:29 AM   #16
////\/\3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
I like the idea of a G8x get-together in the RTP area. Not sure the best way to get out the word and schedule it.

Are most of us BMW CCA members, you think? If so, I could probably get our area coordinator (Rob McIsaac) to send out a note on the email list.

I plan to be at C&C tomorrow, but likely will not park my car in the "show" area, as it's just too darn difficult to get in and out.
I'm not currently a BMW CCA member, but once my car finally gets here I plan on becoming a member.

My car is currently at VPC in Brunswick waiting on two stop sales and a laundry list of M Performance parts to be installed.

I'm hoping by the end of the month I'll have her. Looking forward to getting together with the community and maybe some C&C's.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2023, 02:50 PM   #17
arulm3cx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp Xdrive

New here from Burlington. Hopefully my M3 CX will be here shortly. Looking to hangout with BMW folks in future. Cheers. Usually I try go to Morrisville C&C every month.
Appreciate 1
////\/\3626.00
      01-09-2023, 12:17 PM   #18
////\/\3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by arulm3cx View Post
New here from Burlington. Hopefully my M3 CX will be here shortly. Looking to hangout with BMW folks in future. Cheers. Usually I try go to Morrisville C&C every month.
What build week are you and how far along in the process are you? Hopefully in the end stretch!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 08:55 AM   #19
arulm3cx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp Xdrive

I have no idea on what build week. lol Car is in port for past two weeks.
Appreciate 1
////\/\3626.00
      01-13-2023, 09:10 PM   #20
////\/\3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by arulm3cx View Post
I have no idea on what build week. lol Car is in port for past two weeks.
Port in Germany or VPC in Brunswick?

Also what specs?

Hopefully you'll have it soon. I'm still waiting on mine. I'm still at the processing center in Brunswick.
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2023, 05:42 AM   #21
TomzBmw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18x5-11z4-23m3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [9.83]
2011 BMW Z4 3.0  [0.00]
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
13 days and counting to pick up my baby at PCD. So excited for this car! Spending that weekend (weather depending - summer tires and all) in Asheville and routes west of there like Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway before making my way back to the Raleigh area. 1/30 is spa week and then a few mods In February once the parts come in.
Appreciate 1
////\/\3626.00
      01-14-2023, 06:37 AM   #22
////\/\3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
13 days and counting to pick up my baby at PCD. So excited for this car! Spending that weekend (weather depending - summer tires and all) in Asheville and routes west of there like Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway before making my way back to the Raleigh area. 1/30 is spa week and then a few mods In February once the parts come in.
Congratulations! That's awesome and sounds like it's going to be a great ride home! Send some pics!
Appreciate 1