BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

12-20-2021, 02:49 PM   #1
e46zhpbmw
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E36, 46, 90, F80 m3 :)

Just Ordered : g80 m3 competition x Drive

Hello Guys!

SUPER excited about my latest irrational purchase. Just placed an order for my 2022 m3. I got an amazing deal on the f80 trade in (bought it for 10k less than i got for the trade in!)

I have a few m3's and the new g80 x drive has really grown on me! Love reading the different threads and wasting all my time on this forum. Dealer is saying JUNE delivery! I guess ill just live through you guys!

Here is the build i went with:

Dravit grey over fiona red extended full leather
non carbon bucket seats (will be my daily and ill get tired of the side bolsters)
825 M wheels

super excited..

Some pics of the new build along with my other m3's of which some are currently hibernating!

Appreciate 16
RockinPA4848.00
ATX_M3185.50
IanW555484.50
02M3ForMe4257.00
Mamba279.00
Dhillon63141.00
Llarry15476.50
chicagofan0019077.00
jmg18658.50
      12-20-2021, 02:55 PM   #2
_E90S65_
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Nice stable. One of each!
2011.5 E90 M3 Silverstone / Black (gone)
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 03:15 PM   #3
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Goals!

Very nice collection, dude.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 03:21 PM   #4
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Pardon my cursing

Lucky S O

Congratulations 😡

My F80 should be gone by Thursday

Place my order soon after

That's me in the picture!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13412.50
JMBMW5.50
      12-20-2021, 05:39 PM   #5
e46zhpbmw
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _E90S65_ View Post
Thanks man! Unfortunatley had to give up the f80 .. i know ill get another one again for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Goals!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
Pardon my cursing

Lucky S O

Congratulations 😡

LOOOOLLL my guy! I had to get rid of the f80 as well
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3377.50
      12-20-2021, 07:46 PM   #6
BMWRacer523
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Lovely collection. Congrats on the G80 order. You are going to love it.

Last edited by BMWRacer523; 12-20-2021 at 08:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 08:00 PM   #7
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Nice order. Welcome to the Dravit fam!!

p.s. Extended, and full leather, are 2 different things. Top picture is extended, notice all of the black, and the dash doesn't have stitching? Then the bottom picture, everything is leather. The dash, radio console and the door panels. Just trying to clear that up for you. Alot of people arent sure 100% what they ordered. If you get full leather, your lower radio console will be red. The extended will be black plastic.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-20-2021, 08:57 PM   #8
mlover789
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IG: m3npae - M3C G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post

p.s. Extended, and full leather, are 2 different things. Top picture is extended, notice all of the black, and the dash doesn't have stitching? Then the bottom picture, everything is leather. The dash, radio console and the door panels. Just trying to clear that up for you. Alot of people arent sure 100% what they ordered. If you get full leather, your lower radio console will be red. The extended will be black plastic.
Thank you for the photo! Happy with extended 😍
Appreciate 2
      12-20-2021, 10:48 PM   #9
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:

To be honest, I like the look of extended vs full. Having the bottom of the dash the same color as the seats is just too much IMHO. The driver side pullout drawer doesn't even match since it's still black plastic.

Rob

Last edited by Rob_G77; 12-20-2021 at 10:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13412.50
      12-20-2021, 10:53 PM   #10
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G77 View Post
Quote:

To be honest, I like the look of extended vs full. Having the bottom of the dash the same color as the seats is just too much IMHO.

Rob
That's why I just went with black interior. I can go full leather. Love the smell. Smells like a Rolls Royce when you sit inside it. And I don't have to worry about the color scheme. I never once regretted it.

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 08:29 AM   #11
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
That's why I just went with black interior. I can go full leather. Love the smell. Smells like a Rolls Royce when you sit inside it. And I don't have to worry about the color scheme. I never once regretted it.
Exact same reasoning here, full black leather for the win
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13412.50
      12-21-2021, 08:41 AM   #12
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbm007 View Post
Exact same reasoning here, full black leather for the win

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 08:56 AM   #13
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

CONGRATS!

Mentally prepare yourself for a world up pain over the next few months:

Delays
Shortage of parts
Deletion of parts
Stop sales
Price increases
Finance rate increases

At the end though you are going to love the car. Congrats again!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 12:58 PM   #14
e46zhpbmw
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I appreciate this, im still a bit confused, on the configurator i only had two options. Under Individual Fiona Red/Black Merino Leather or Fiona Red/Black Full Merino Leather. there is no mention of extended ( what i want is to have black leather on the uppper part of the dash and the lower trim to be black leather. IN my f80 this was how i had it however it was already full black leather in the entire car! (I prefer not to have red glovebox as well but i want to have black leather upper dashboard::?) which option provides this... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
CONGRATS!

Delays
Shortage of parts
Deletion of parts
Stop sales
Price increases
Finance rate increases

Oh man! im not loooking forward to that at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRacer523 View Post
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 01:13 PM   #15
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46zhpbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by _E90S65_ View Post
Thanks man! Unfortunatley had to give up the f80 .. i know ill get another one again for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Goals!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
Pardon my cursing

Lucky S O

Congratulations 😡

LOOOOLLL my guy! I had to get rid of the f80 as well
😁

Congratulations bro

I just feel like they gonna run out of chocolate cake.

All the crap I'm hearing

Ohhh it's gonna be a price increase

You're not getting Apple CarPlay

This feature deleted

Oh your order has been pushed out; no eta.

So I'm like damn by the time I can get to a dealer it's gonna cost more, I'll get less and it's gonna take longer

😭
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 01:22 PM   #16
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I appreciate this, im still a bit confused, on the configurator i only had two options. Under Individual Fiona Red/Black Merino Leather or Fiona Red/Black Full Merino Leather. there is no mention of extended ( what i want is to have black leather on the uppper part of the dash and the lower trim to be black leather. IN my f80 this was how i had it however it was already full black leather in the entire car! (I prefer not to have red glovebox as well but i want to have black leather upper dashboard::?) which option provides this... lol

Quote:
CONGRATS!

Delays
Shortage of parts
Deletion of parts
Stop sales
Price increases
Finance rate increases

Quote:
Thank you!
Quote:

I appreciate this, im still a bit confused, on the configurator i only had two options. Under Individual Fiona Red/Black Merino Leather or Fiona Red/Black Full Merino Leather. there is no mention of extended ( what i want is to have black leather on the uppper part of the dash and the lower trim to be black leather. IN my f80 this was how i had it however it was already full black leather in the entire car! (I prefer not to have red glovebox as well but i want to have black leather upper dashboard::?) which option provides this...
Study these 2 pictures I edited. Bottom left, I circled which one is extended. This is straight from the configurator. Extended is no leather dash, or door panels. Everything is black plastic. Fill merino, I circled in the second picture. See the dash above the gauge cluster is red stitched, and on the extended it's just plastic. Same with the door panels. And under the lower part of the dash, and the glove box are all leather wrapped Fiona.

Edit: The pictures uploaded backwards from my explanation. The Full Merino is in the top picture.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 01:36 PM   #17
e46zhpbmw
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Study these 2 pictures I edited. Bottom left, I circled which one is extended. This is straight from the configurator. Extended is no leather dash, or door panels. Everything is black plastic. Fill merino, I circled in the second picture. See the dash above the gauge cluster is red stitched, and on the extended it's just plastic. Same with the door panels. And under the lower part of the dash, and the glove box are all leather wrapped Fiona.

Edit: The pictures uploaded backwards from my explanation. The Full Merino is in the top picture.
Thanks for the explanation, i guess ill live with the extra RED in your face glovebox since I really want leather in the other areas as well...
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 01:38 PM   #18
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the explanation, i guess ill live with the extra RED in your face glovebox since I really want leather in the other areas as well...
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
CONGRATS!

Delays
Shortage of parts
Deletion of parts
Stop sales
Price increases
Finance rate increases

Quote:
Thank you!
It looks like a lot. But the leather just makes the interior feel premium. And unless you don't like the smell of real leather, it's worth it. The interior smells like you're wearing a leather jacket, every time you get in it.

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 01:49 PM   #19
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
CONGRATS!

Delays
Shortage of parts
Deletion of parts
Stop sales
Price increases
Finance rate increases

Quote:
Thank you!
It looks like a lot. But the leather just makes the interior feel premium. And unless you don't like the smell of real leather, it's worth it. The interior smells like you're wearing a leather jacket, every time you get in it.
🤣
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 08:12 AM   #20
Oejsup
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 comp

Quote:
Hello Guys!

SUPER excited about my latest irrational purchase. Just placed an order for my 2022 m3. I got an amazing deal on the f80 trade in (bought it for 10k less than i got for the trade in!)

I have a few m3's and the new g80 x drive has really grown on me! Love reading the different threads and wasting all my time on this forum. Dealer is saying JUNE delivery! I guess ill just live through you guys!

Here is the build i went with:

Dravit grey over fiona red extended full leather
non carbon bucket seats (will be my daily and ill get tired of the side bolsters)
825 M wheels

super excited..

Some pics of the new build along with my other m3's of which some are currently hibernating!

Nice! When do think you could take delivery?
Appreciate 0