11-06-2020, 07:00 AM   #1
Saturatedfat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

M3 IOMG in person

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Just a few new pics of the IOMG M3 from the Braman BMW reveal. Definitely looks better in person, still polarizing. In fact the host introduced the car as "Unapologetically bold" with a laugh . For the most part the biggest gripe from attendees was lack of manual with the competition model. IOMG looks amazing, can't stress that enough.

One very interesting thing, when I asked about AWD vs RWD, I was told all Competition models will/should be AWD. According to the rep if you order a comp now it will come as AWD. However, there is a chance due to Covid that you may get a RWD if your production date is super early. He said to check with your advisor to determine it. This kind of makes sense considering supposedly when I ordered my competition it was going to come with AWD. Then again maybe they have no idea
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 07:29 AM   #2
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturatedfat View Post
One very interesting thing, when I asked about AWD vs RWD, I was told all Competition models will/should be AWD. According to the rep if you order a comp now it will come as AWD. However, there is a chance due to Covid that you may get a RWD if your production date is super early. He said to check with your advisor to determine it. This kind of makes sense considering supposedly when I ordered my competition it was going to come with AWD. Then again maybe they have no idea
They have no idea... RWD competition exists (you were actually looking at it) and is here to stay in my opinion.

The only other scenario I can think of is that when the LCI comes out, if RWD competition sales were minimal compared to AWD competition, then BMW might decide to only offer AWD competition going forward (keeping the base RWD)

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 2
xlover2191.00
      11-06-2020, 07:57 AM   #3
Saturatedfat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SP0RT View Post
They have no idea... RWD competition exists (you were actually looking at it) and is here to stay in my opinion.

The only other scenario I can think of is that when the LCI comes out, if RWD competition sales were minimal compared to AWD competition, then BMW might decide to only offer AWD competition going forward (keeping the base RWD)
Yup, he said the one on display was RWD.

I agree, I'm just being hopeful because I really wanted a AWD comp and didn't want to wait till next summer. I'll probably buy whatever actually shows up as my order in Jan though .
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 08:18 AM   #4
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:

I agree, I'm just being hopeful because I really wanted a AWD comp and didn't want to wait till next summer. I'll probably buy whatever actually shows up as my order in Jan though .
Why not wait if you want an AWD so bad?
Bit of a waste of money in my opinion to buy now...they wont give the car before march anyway so why not wait a couple of months more and get the AWD ?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 08:59 AM   #5
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

I hate bringing negativity to these forums but I gotta ask....who decided to throw green lights on this car? I mean, I'm having enough trouble trying to figure out what these cars look like in the wild. Let's hit the car with a green spotlight!
Appreciate 5
Scorp!on1511.50
JTO245271.50
khanyam4801.50
Zirenz20061534.50
AlterZgo1537.50
      11-06-2020, 09:28 AM   #6
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:

If you really want AWD hold-off a little. You're not alone, many of us are patiently waiting

In my case it'll be my first AWD performance car and I'm looking forward to it. I think of it as a bridge between typical RWD performance BMWs to inevitable (boring?) electrification.

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 09:39 AM   #7
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Quote:

When did "I am not sure, I am just the guy hired to polish off the fingerprints and make sure no one steals the shift knob" cease to become an acceptable answer
Appreciate 2
      11-06-2020, 10:33 AM   #8
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Quote:

Good idea .. can always swap it out a few months later for something else ...

Appreciate 1
      11-06-2020, 11:51 AM   #9
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: GOLFFRR cart

nice pics, thanks for sharing

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 05:29 PM   #10
AR_Motorwerkz
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4, BMW WIDEBODY F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
I hate bringing negativity to these forums but I gotta ask....who decided to throw green lights on this car? I mean, I'm having enough trouble trying to figure out what these cars look like in the wild. Let's hit the car with a green spotlight!
Makes it a bit hard to tell how IOM Green looks especially in the front! A shame cause it's actually a nice color
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 05:32 PM   #11
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Motorwerkz View Post
Quote:
Makes it a bit hard to tell how IOM Green looks especially in the front! A shame cause it's actually a nice color
I went back and forth on this and several other colors before "attempting" to submit a Fire Orange individual...let's see how what they say.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 05:49 PM   #12
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
I went back and forth on this and several other colors before "attempting" to submit a Fire Orange individual...let's see how what they say.
I think you’re onto something by choosing an intense color for these. I saw an M440i at the local dealer today. The first time I’ve seen the 4 series IRL. I’m a fan of the new front but the rest of the car looks soft, big and bland. Not what I expected from pictures. It was a blue low intensity color. I do suspect seeing the M4 with the more aggressive aero and in an intense color will fix that
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2020, 09:14 AM   #13
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

You're order will be RWD. There is no hope for an early production (pre july) to be AWD. I'm only stating it this directly in case your client advisor is misleading you.
Appreciate 0