BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

06-15-2021, 07:54 PM   #23
Osiris888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Looks like I'm the non blue in the group!

Brooklyn Grey/KO this way
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 08:32 PM   #24
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3xDrive

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
Nice!

My build, pending more rollercoaster on paint with an unknown production date but delivery by EOY (I could have had a July spot with Portimao):

2022 M3 MxDrive
Individual Santorini Blue
19"/20" M Forged Wheels Double-Spoke 826M, Bicolour Black, Perf Non-RFT
Fjord Blue/Black Full Merino Leather
Carbon Fibre Trim
Ultimate pkg with ventilated seats (not carbon buckets)

I'm going to go ask my wife if she'll buy mine for me, BRB...

Interesting my SA advised that I could not get the Ventilated seats with Ultimate pkg when he was inputting my configuration into the Germany order system even though the order guide said the option was available. Similar situation with Frozen Portimao blue. He said I have till end of this month to finalize any changes.
Delivery expectation is late September.
      06-15-2021, 08:42 PM   #25
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct335i View Post
Interesting my SA advised that I could not get the Ventilated seats with Ultimate pkg when he was inputting my configuration into the Germany order system even though the order guide said the option was available. Similar situation with Frozen Portimao blue. He said I have till end of this month to finalize any changes.
Delivery expectation is late September.
I will definitely inspect the final order feedback closely, i want to make sure all the details are correct. I've been very specific about bot wanting the carbon buckets, and they havent said anything about thtat being a problem. Brief hitch with the upholstery, but i think they made a mistake on the original request for paint approval and tried extended leather (which you can't do on ZUP).
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 08:56 PM   #26
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I will definitely inspect the final order feedback closely, i want to make sure all the details are correct. I've been very specific about bot wanting the carbon buckets, and they havent said anything about thtat being a problem. Brief hitch with the upholstery, but i think they made a mistake on the original request for paint approval and tried extended leather (which you can't do on ZUP).
Maybe check with your SA to confirm, if you don't mind. I did find it strange that selection could not be made for ventilated seats with ZUP pkg.
I do like the CF seats personally but thinking if the Ingress and egress could bug me later especially wife on passenger side (even though she says go for CF seats)
      06-15-2021, 09:17 PM   #27
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Maybe check with your SA to confirm, if you don't mind. I did find it strange that selection could not be made for ventilated seats with ZUP pkg.
I do like the CF seats personally but thinking if the Ingress and egress could bug me later especially wife on passenger side (even though she says go for CF seats)
I loved the buckets when I test drove an M3C that had them. For a DD with long commutes (if offices become a thing again), and passengers? No thanks.

I'll find out. From what I saw in the order sheets, I think its a matter of adding the 453 code in, which deletes the carbon buckets and credits back the $1900 or whatever it is.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 09:50 PM   #28
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I loved the buckets when I test drove an M3C that had them. For a DD with long commutes (if offices become a thing again), and passengers? No thanks.

I'll find out. From what I saw in the order sheets, I think its a matter of adding the 453 code in, which deletes the carbon buckets and credits back the $1900 or whatever it is.
I hear you about the CF seats, even though I wfh mainly even prior to pandemic and when I do have to go into the office, I take GoTrain. My dealer tried to add ventilated seats but it kept removing the ZUP. This is same experience I noticed on the Bmw.ca online configurator on 2021 models. Maybe the internal system is not full up to date.
let me know if you SA is able to confirm but if not I do welcome CF seats, as review have been good.
      06-15-2021, 09:52 PM   #29
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris888 View Post
Looks like I'm the non blue in the group!

Brooklyn Grey/KO this way
I was looking at the grey as well but as all my previous models (E46, E90, F30) have been grey/silver. I decided to go with Blue.
Grey is always a nice choice of colour.
      06-15-2021, 10:18 PM   #30
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I hear you about the CF seats, even though I wfh mainly even prior to pandemic and when I do have to go into the office, I take GoTrain. My dealer tried to add ventilated seats but it kept removing the ZUP. This is same experience I noticed on the Bmw.ca online configurator on 2021 models. Maybe the internal system is not full up to date.
let me know if you SA is able to confirm but if not I do welcome CF seats, as review have been good.
I'll let you know

I haven't been to an office since March last year, even if I don't go back frequently I don't think I'll regret my decision. Nor will you, the carbon buckets are great. I really liked them, was convinced I had to have them after my test drive.

The Ultimate Package in the MY21s didn't allow swapping out the carbon buckets, but sounds like maybe there is a build system glitch at your dealership. Mine submitted manually to get Santorini approval, but I'll confirm just in case and post confirmation once I have it.

In any case, they order forms are clear. It is literally their job to figure it out and get you what you want, don't let up
Appreciate 1
ct335i119.50
      06-16-2021, 11:26 AM   #31
S2kM2dan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 6MT

If anyone wants to save some money on a M4, i have a demo with approx. 5000KM

Brooklyn Grey with Premium Package

DM Me for more info.

2019 Mod Wait-List: Wagner 200Cell DP | M Mirrors | M Performance Spoiler | Eibach Springs
Appreciate 1
evilalien447.50
      06-16-2021, 12:14 PM   #32
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I've seen my "Vehicle Inquiry" details submitted to BMW. Your dealership needs to add these codes to get ventilated seats with ZUP:
453 Ventilated Seats
712 M Sport Seats

They can do it, it is an option in the order sheets but I haven't seen screenshots of the build system. Don't take no for an answer, because it is the wrong answer.

Last edited by evilalien; 06-16-2021 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 1
ct335i119.50
      06-16-2021, 03:07 PM   #33
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I've seen my "Vehicle Inquiry" details submitted to BMW. Your dealership needs to add these codes to get ventilated seats with ZUP:
453 Ventilated Seats
712 M Sport Seats

They can do it, it is an option in the order sheets but I haven't seen screenshots of the build system. Don't take no for an answer, because it is the wrong answer.
Thanks man. will ask for sure.
TBH..I'm on the fence between seats, I had preferred the CF seats when I saw them and when I sat in them but reading reviews from a few with them having said it could be tricky for ingress and egress, so looked at M Seats.
My wife is pushing for CF seats, so lets see

But thank you!
kurosagi1123.00
      06-16-2021, 05:57 PM   #34
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

Quote:
TBH..I'm on the fence between seats, I had preferred the CF seats when I saw them and when I sat in them but reading reviews from a few with them having said it could be tricky for ingress and egress, so looked at M Seats.

But thank you!
id recommend going for them as long as your driving routine doesnt involve getting in and out of the car multiple times per trip while holding stuff in your hands . That's the biggest constraint in my view as 6'2 220lb and def not fit

otherwise its easily the best box to tick on the g8x order sheet and im sure you know the massive ambiance upgrade it brings to the interior
      06-16-2021, 06:23 PM   #35
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
id recommend going for them as long as your driving routine doesnt involve getting in and out of the car multiple times per trip while holding stuff in your hands . That's the biggest constraint in my view as 6'2 220lb and def not fit

otherwise its easily the best box to tick on the g8x order sheet and im sure you know the massive ambiance upgrade it brings to the interior
I wonder if they tested the crotch thing in front-end impacts to ensure that the occupant doesn't get launched forward with enough force to inadvertently cause damage.

+1 to DecemberStorm , get the seats if you are on the fence. I am very much not, even though the damn things fit me perfectly and I know there will be days I wish I got them.
Appreciate 1
ct335i119.50
      06-16-2021, 07:12 PM   #36
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:

But thank you!
Guess I'll join the chat too. The CF seats are really the highlight of the G80/82 and they really made the car standout from regular 3/4 series. On top of that, those are the most comfortable bucket seats I've ever set in (100% better than Porsche's bucket).

The only concern is they might be too tight for big folks. If you can fit in one without too much effort, then go for it for sure.

I'm 5'10, 175 Lbs, average build
Appreciate 1
ct335i119.50
      06-16-2021, 09:32 PM   #37
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post

A great to hear that man, I was thinking about private msg you to get your opinion on the CF seats as I know you have them for a few months now.
No my routine does not involve getting in and out multiple times per day, as this is my second car i would drive it a few times a week and I work from home most times.
I did test the seats out when my dealer had them, it was not hard for me to get it and out but different. I did test it out a few times and i was ok but loved sitting in them. I’m 5’11 162 LB.
My concern was more for passenger (sometimes I have to drive mom).

I think I will go with CF seats as they do look really cool. Thanks man!
@Shinzzze @evilalien…thanks for feedback as well

Last edited by ct335i; 06-16-2021 at 09:38 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-18-2021, 08:42 AM   #38
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Update:

Just got off phone with my dealer. Order is submitted and have a production number but could not get the color wanted but got my second choice.
Called my SA this morning for an update, was told the ordering system is not yet available for Canada thus my order was not submitted. However, SA reassured my first week August allocation and I guess we are a month behind on everything (order confirmation, production, etc.) comparing to the States.

How did you get your production number? Am I misled by my SA somehow?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 09:47 AM   #39
S2kM2dan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
Called my SA this morning for an update, was told the ordering system is not yet available for Canada thus my order was not submitted. However, SA reassured my first week August allocation and I guess we are a month behind on everything (order confirmation, production, etc.) comparing to the States.

I dont think your SA is correct.
I was able to put in order for my client last week and get a production number. Client wanted Frozen Black, we couldnt order that for now, so he switched to Sapphire Black with no problems.

2019 Mod Wait-List: Wagner 200Cell DP | M Mirrors | M Performance Spoiler | Eibach Springs
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 09:57 AM   #40
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Interesting... As I did this order virtually over the phone, my dealer sent me a screenshot of the online system. Production#, name, and all the details.
Did your SA provide confirmation you have an allocation and not on the waiting list? I had the first allocation for my dealership as per SA since I wanted xdrive from back in Oct 2020 with a deposit.

As per my SA order have to be in my end of June for Aug build, and my delivery is expected late sept /early October.
I asked why not July build, he said that is not available in CA (not sure how much of that is true).

Hope this helps.
      06-18-2021, 10:04 AM   #41
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kM2dan View Post
I was able to put in order for my client last week and get a production number. Client wanted Frozen Black, we couldnt order that for now, so he switched to Sapphire Black with no problems.
That would explain why I could not get frozen Portiamo blue as my dealer said it was not available. I went with Tanzanite blue and happy with that choice
      06-18-2021, 10:12 AM   #42
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Interesting... As I did this order virtually over the phone, my dealer sent me a screenshot of the online system. Production#, name, and all the details.
Did your SA provide confirmation you have an allocation and not on the waiting list? I had the first allocation for my dealership as per SA since I wanted xdrive from back in Oct 2020 with a deposit.

As per my SA order have to be in my end of June for Aug build, and my delivery is expected late sept /early October.
I asked why not July build, he said that is not available in CA (not sure how much of that is true).

Hope this helps.
I am the #1 on my dealer's list (written confirmation) and I paid a deposit in September 2020 Lmao. I start to suspect that my dealer hasn't got any allocation yet and trying to buy time. Found out the Email confirmation states that they have factory confirmation that they will have an august allocation.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 10:20 AM   #43
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kM2dan View Post
Quote:

Hum… where are you located? It feels the west coast is having a higher priority then the east. Could this for offsetting the differences between transportation?

US west > US east > Canada west > Canada east
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 10:21 AM   #44
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I am the #1 on my dealer's list (written confirmation) and I paid a deposit in September 2020 Lmao. I start to suspect that my dealer hasn't got any allocation yet and trying to buy time. Found out the Email confirmation states that they have factory confirmation that they will have an august allocation.
So you are #1 on the list and they have factory allocation for August, I don't see why they can't submit the order? Hopefully a system glitch.

I would suggest you ask your SA again to double check so they are not overlooking something. This is a challenge, I have observed when the car is new, the system and knowledge is not the same across all dealerships.

Hope you can sort this out soon to get on Aug build.