BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

View Poll Results: PPF or Ceramic or both or just pay for paint corrections
PPF 9 13.85%
Ceramic 10 15.38%
PPF AND Ceramic 32 49.23%
Just wash and wax and pay for any paint correction 14 21.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

06-15-2021, 02:09 PM   #23
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkr15 View Post
Lol thats such a cheap quote, im paying $10,500 for full PPF and ceramic and window tint all around. It's expensive but the last thing I want are rock chips or scratches from keys/purses. You could do the front only and do the ceramic yourself for alot cheaper but its a $100,000 car so im going to just do the whole thing properly.
I believe you got the quote from a dealer? I'm getting a similar total but noticed the PPF-$5550, ceramic pro (insight out + wheels and callipers)-$2947, window tint (3M ceramic tint) - $699

Numbers are in Canadian dollars after 13% sales tax. I was able to shave 2K from the original quote.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 02:44 PM   #24
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkr15 View Post
Lol thats such a cheap quote, im paying $10,500 for full PPF and ceramic and window tint all around. It's expensive but the last thing I want are rock chips or scratches from keys/purses. You could do the front only and do the ceramic yourself for alot cheaper but its a $100,000 car so im going to just do the whole thing properly.
I believe you got the quote from a dealer? I'm getting a similar total but noticed the PPF-$5550, ceramic pro (insight out + wheels and callipers)-$2947, window tint (3M ceramic tint) - $699

Numbers are in Canadian dollars after 13% sales tax. I was able to shave 2K from the original quote.
Nope just one of the best detailing shops in CA. $9,000 for full stek dynoshield wrap and cquartz finest coating. $1,500 for crystalline all around plus windshield.I'm sure there's cheaper places but I'd rather go to a place that's the highest quality. I've been waiting in line for 4 months and my appointment is at the end of the month.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 02:51 PM   #25
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I don't understand PPF over the entire car. Waste of money but whatever. PPF the parts that will see road debris for sure. Ceramic is always a debate for me because the newer spray wax/ceramics work well for periodic use and then a good quality wax and detail keeps it up to shiny standards. But ceramic is more convenient for sure.
I disagree! Both my cars are wrapped. Best money I ever spent. If your someone like me who always wants the car to be looking show ready, DO IT!. My GTR is 11 years old/Black. Soap/water/ dry and it looks amazing. Of course PPF keeps most rock chips from doing damage. For me, that wasn't even the main reason for wrapping. I want super easy cleaning maint and when I got to sell, the paint will be almost perfect. If you plan on keeping the car, then it's even more of a reason. If it cost you 6-7 grand and you keep the car for 6-7 years/1000 a year isn't bad. You will save on all that detailing shit and best of all, less of your time cleaning!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 02:23 PM   #26
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
So. lets explain here a bit. I have been wanting an M3 for 35 years. got to a point in my life where I can afford one and got my allocation. wanted to make it special so I also am doing individual paint too.

some background:
I never thought I would get to actually buy an M3. lets just say my early adult life was kinda rough. long story short I got a good job, wife of 21 years and nice home that is almost paid off. I have been bugging my wife about this M3 for the past year. she really is a saint. She recently told me she would rather get a Z for her fun car because my M3 is such a big deal that she doesn't want to have something happen to it while she is driving it.

So, in my head I am thinking... PPF that would be like grandma putting plastic on the sofa to keep it looking brand new forever. did I mention this is my first M?

Then I start reading about Ceramic coatings being "just as good". I also saw articles on PPF AND ceramic.

Am I being overly cautious here? It will be my Daily driver but I work from home so there is no commute involved. it will be for fun drives or groceries or general around town stuff.

Im looking for input from other Owners who have come before me. Am I worrying too much because its an individual color? I assume any scratches or chips will cost more because of a custom color? I can afford the PPF (got quotes from 4500 - 6500) or Ceramic (which should be cheaper I would guess). Its more of a question of does it matter to you to pay the $ for PPF or just pay for any dings/scratches as they happen.

I live up north and get snow so I will already be buying snow tires for winter. not sure if that changes your answers or not.

thanks in advance.

Feeling Crazy
Hi there,

First off, congratulations on finally getting your dream car!

We offer both ppf and ceramic coating. Many clients often request both. Coating the vehicle's applied PPF with ceramic coating as a second layer of protection that can also repel water and mud.
Check out our Installer Locator and get a quote on the right product for you and your M3. Happy Driving!

https://www.xpel.com/clearbra-installers
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 04:03 PM   #27
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEL View Post
Hi there,

First off, congratulations on finally getting your dream car!

We offer both ppf and ceramic coating. Many clients often request both. Coating the vehicle's applied PPF with ceramic coating as a second layer of protection that can also repel water and mud.
Check out our Installer Locator and get a quote on the right product for you and your M3. Happy Driving!

https://www.xpel.com/clearbra-installers
Listen to this man!!! Pff then ceramic. You can't go wrong. I LOVE IT
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 09:42 PM   #28
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
Listen to this man!!! Pff then ceramic. You can't go wrong. I LOVE IT
Glad to read you're enjoying the results! lol
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 11:27 PM   #29
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

I'm not even driving mine off the dealer lot. My new G82 is being loaded on an enclosed trailer and taken right to my PPF place 40 miles away, part of their customer service.

And yes, it will get paint correction, full front PPF and ceramic coating...oh, and a light tint to reject heat in protection of my full leather.

And, no, I didn't overthink it...and neither should you.

Mine is a purchase though. If it was a lease, I'd still likely do PPF (hate the rock chips!), but maybe not paint correction and ceramic, as I'd just buff it myself, and do a little self-ceramic operation in my garage.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2021, 08:51 AM   #30
adameaton
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 COMP XDrive

Purchasing it amd keeping it long term. PPF and ceramic. Im not a huge detailing guy. Looking for ease of maintenance to keep it looking good.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 10:41 AM   #31
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

I'm planing to do Xpel Ultimate on the front, high-impact areas, door sills, A pillars, etc. Then ceramic over the whole thing to protect the Individual paint from evil.

I'll get a few quotes, including my dealership. If they do it, I hope this to be doable before it even goes off the lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 02:02 AM   #32
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
I might do CC just to try it because it’s cheap enough, but to ppf the whole car is nuts to me. Like I said I drive my car hard as hell. I have zero rock chips on the roof, or hood of my car. Just the front bumper has some rock dings. Only 3-4 big enough for me or noticed WHEN I’m washing my car so I might ppf the front bumper and that’s it if it’s priced reasonable.
You don't have any rock chips on the hood? How is this possible? I have CC on my M340i, but I will definitely do PPF on the front bumper and hood for my G80. My hood has several rock chips and my car is black, so I can really see them. Like you said, they bother me, but 99% of people will never even notice the chips. I do go 150+ MPH on the autobahn so that may be another factor contributing to the chips.
      06-29-2021, 12:45 PM   #33
jonahk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Porsche Macan  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
My G80 just got dropped off for full STEK Dyno Matte wrap. After my wife accidentally rubbed her bag and all its zippers against the rear fender when loading our baby into the back seat that sealed the deal to get the whole car done.
Appreciate 0