BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

06-13-2021, 04:17 PM   #23
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OF Hero View Post
Well the wife actually didn't like KO so that makes it easier for me.

I read every old thread about Silverstone and it seems fine, especially if coated/treated initially.

So I guess it'll be the Super OCD Combo- Frozen Portimao Blue on Silverstone!
that's disappointing but hey it could be worse. Silverstone is a nice color too. Neither my wife or I have see KO in person but she likes the color combo I ordered so
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 05:33 PM   #24
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
that's disappointing but hey it could be worse. Silverstone is a nice color too. Neither my wife or I have see KO in person but she likes the color combo I ordered so
Disappointing because of the wife or the color combo? LOL

Honestly the color options this gen have been the most disappointing thing for me - the grille, ZF8, size etc were never a problem for me. I just can't seem to fall in love with any particular color combo. With the F80 I had the opposite problem, as I had 2-3 combos that I absolutely loved.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 01:16 AM   #25
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OF Hero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Disappointing because of the wife or the color combo? LOL

Honestly the color options this gen have been the most disappointing thing for me - the grille, ZF8, size etc were never a problem for me. I just can't seem to fall in love with any particular color combo. With the F80 I had the opposite problem, as I had 2-3 combos that I absolutely loved.
depends, mainly that you can't get the color you'd like

individual colors are still possible, have you considered that route?

I'm the opposite, once I saw IOMG as a launch color that sealed me into getting the G80 over a RS6/M5C because I love a good green car. Add in the KO interior and the combined is lovely, I've never been one for a flashy car, this time it's different.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 05:56 AM   #26
M3-san
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3xD, 535xi

I always look at other colors and seriously consider them, then I always come back to black interior. Every single time.

I always get close to getting a different color, but then chicken out and go with black. But I can say that I've never regretted getting black.

In my build I initially went with the orange interior, then changed my mind to red (after settling on Brooklyn Grey for exterior). Now I'm back to just going with black which will probably be my final choice (it always is).

My only wish on the black interior is that they had some sort of red/blue striping in them to give just a bit of color. But I'll leave this to a friend who does interior work to add in the future.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 07:16 AM   #27
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-san View Post
I always look at other colors and seriously consider them, then I always come back to black interior. Every single time.

I always get close to getting a different color, but then chicken out and go with black. But I can say that I've never regretted getting black.

In my build I initially went with the orange interior, then changed my mind to red (after settling on Brooklyn Grey for exterior). Now I'm back to just going with black which will probably be my final choice (it always is).

My only wish on the black interior is that they had some sort of red/blue striping in them to give just a bit of color. But I'll leave this to a friend who does interior work to add in the future.
I've been in the same boat my last 3 BMWs. BSM on black interior. This time I finally decided I just couldn't go wild with the exterior and stuck with BSM, but did go for Fiona Red on the interior. My build went to Production Begins already so no going back now, but the more photos and configurators I see on it, the more excited I am about how sporty the combo is!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 08:14 AM   #28
M3-san
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3xD, 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
I've been in the same boat my last 3 BMWs. BSM on black interior. This time I finally decided I just couldn't go wild with the exterior and stuck with BSM, but did go for Fiona Red on the interior. My build went to Production Begins already so no going back now, but the more photos and configurators I see on it, the more excited I am about how sporty the combo is!
Glad to hear you were able to break the cycle and go with something more on the wild side. The red is stunning in pictures and I imagine its twice as stunning in person. I'm still on the fence, but red is my second choice right now behind black. Decisions, decisions.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 01:43 PM   #29
MauiSteve
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M Sport 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-san View Post
Glad to hear you were able to break the cycle and go with something more on the wild side. The red is stunning in pictures and I imagine its twice as stunning in person. I'm still on the fence, but red is my second choice right now behind black. Decisions, decisions.
M3-san, IMHO I think you're being too conservative sticking with black leather on your Brooklyn Grey build. BG over Fiona is stunning and is my present favorite color combo. BG over Fjord Blue w blue calipers is also rather nice looking. Of course all a matter of personal taste. Be happy.
Attached Images

KevinGS3320.00
      07-07-2021, 06:44 PM   #30
blittle887
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I have an M3 comp inbound to Baltimore with Frozen Portimao Blue metallic exterior and Fiona red interior.