BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-24-2021, 08:26 PM   #45
lch6257
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E93 M3-DCT,'21 G80 M3-6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
I use the A/C button to turn it off, but the Auto button to turn it on, and then adjust accordingly. Agree burying the Synch in Idrive is dumb. 2 biggest complaints: only one 12v outlet in cup holder. Hate to keep it open for the detector when it is carbon fiber and adds to the interior; and not having automatic tilt/telescope on an $80k + car!!! I have it all the way out and down, but would like to move it out of the way without having the stupid unlock, push/pull. And you can't lock it unless you have the fob? Maybe I'm missing something, but that makes no sense. I love the voice command, although sometimes you have to almost shout. Otherwise, the ergonomics are really very good. Do wish the HK stereo had better bass. The standard Bose on my Vette was better.
Agree on the steering wheel. I don't mind the manual setting of it, but for the price it should be motorized. There should also be a setting option in idrive for the steering wheel to go up and seat to go back when you enter/exit the car.

I think the HK system just overall doesn't have a very full rich sound as I'd expect from an $85k car.
Regarding the HK stereo, you tuned the EQ to your ear and it didn't sound good? Mine sounded bad from factory, but sounds quite good once I tweaked the EQ settings thoroughly. Sound is subjective of course, but I use Air Pods Max daily which also sound luxurious to my ears for comparison.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 09:08 PM   #46
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch6257 View Post
Regarding the HK stereo, you tuned the EQ to your ear and it didn't sound good? Mine sounded bad from factory, but sounds quite good once I tweaked the EQ settings thoroughly. Sound is subjective of course, but I use Air Pods Max daily which also sound luxurious to my ears for comparison.
The sound is "fine" and adequate, but it's not as full, deep and rich as I'd expect for a car at this price.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2021, 09:25 PM   #47
Bahamut
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

For my G80 6MT:

1) Faster wireless charging for the phone dock inside the center console. It works, don't get me wrong, but for the LCI I would love to see a wireless phone charging pad that can transmit at 7.5W or even 10W if possible

2) The current cup holders in front of the transmission are functional, but anything larger than a can will have difficulty fitting in (I'm a huge boba/milk tea addict and the cups are always a hit or miss for fitment)

3) Gotta test this, but maybe have fast-charging capability for all the usb-c ports. Would be really helpful for long drives

Subscribed to this thread and will add as I think of more things
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 12:47 AM   #48
snareman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
For my G80 6MT:

1) Faster wireless charging for the phone dock inside the center console. It works, don't get me wrong, but for the LCI I would love to see a wireless phone charging pad that can transmit at 7.5W or even 10W if possible

2) The current cup holders in front of the transmission are functional, but anything larger than a can will have difficulty fitting in (I'm a huge boba/milk tea addict and the cups are always a hit or miss for fitment)

3) Gotta test this, but maybe have fast-charging capability for all the usb-c ports. Would be really helpful for long drives

The problem (I think) with the charging tray behind the cup holders is that the phone gets really warm and then stops charging. At least I think that's why it stops charging. When it is charging I agree it is REALLY slow, but I assume faster would just create more heat and more problems. Not sure what the solution is, but the charging tray is fairly worthless to me as on anything longer than a short drive the phone stops charging. I drove from Knoxville to Ohio and the phone started the drive at 92% and by the end with it being on the charger most of the time I was down to 44%. It was my 2nd day owning the car so I wasn't acquainted with blue light/orange light, but it was apparently not charging for most of the drive. I'll just connect it via the USB cable in a few weeks when I drive to Chicago.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 10:02 AM   #49
M4LifeGa
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 (M4 Comp)

Arm Rest @ Rear

I would have liked to see the center 'arm rest' in the rear have a secondary pull option with cup holders or something instead of just the carpet from the trunk...
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2021, 11:11 AM   #50
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4LifeGa View Post
I would have liked to see the center 'arm rest' in the rear have a secondary pull option with cup holders or something instead of just the carpet from the trunk...
Uh, yeah, that's not an arm rest at all. That's a center pass through, which is why it doesn't have cupholders and the carpet isn't all that soft.

Still don't know why these M cars don't have rear armrests, yet it has climate controls? Come on, BMW!

Last edited by KevinGS; 05-27-2021 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 12:51 PM   #51
Bimmer TiM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
For my G80 6MT:

The problem (I think) with the charging tray behind the cup holders is that the phone gets really warm and then stops charging. At least I think that's why it stops charging. When it is charging I agree it is REALLY slow, but I assume faster would just create more heat and more problems. Not sure what the solution is, but the charging tray is fairly worthless to me as on anything longer than a short drive the phone stops charging. I drove from Knoxville to Ohio and the phone started the drive at 92% and by the end with it being on the charger most of the time I was down to 44%. It was my 2nd day owning the car so I wasn't acquainted with blue light/orange light, but it was apparently not charging for most of the drive. I'll just connect it via the USB cable in a few weeks when I drive to Chicago.
What is this blue light/orange light thing you speak of? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 01:40 PM   #52
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch6257 View Post
Yeah. I put bass at max, as well as 1000hz--voice range, treble down a bit higher, and higher bass up. Did adjust fader back and balance to the right. I mean it sounds fine, just expected better bass with 2 subs. My flash drive songs sound pretty good, but FX never does in any car. I don't have the streaming car play stuff, and that would sound better I imagine. I do have surround sound pushed up, as well. All in all, it's fine because I am not exactly an audiophile...miss CD players...
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 02:01 PM   #53
Bahamut
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
For my G80 6MT:

Yeah for me I don't use the charging tray for drives longer than half an hour. I just use a USB-C to a curved lightning adaptor. Definitely makes it easier to fit inside the center console:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Der_Wolf888.00
      05-25-2021, 02:08 PM   #54
Bahamut
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer TiM3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
For my G80 6MT:

What is this blue light/orange light thing you speak of? Thanks
When you slide your phone into the wireless charging tray, a small light appears to indicate the phone is charging:

Blue: charging

Orange: not charging (phone overheating or blockage)

Red: broken charger

Included a screen shot of the 6MT charging pad for your reference:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-25-2021, 04:53 PM   #55
GoFastGoFish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC , 2020 X5, 2021 JLU

1. The cup holder thing is on my list for sure
2. The Ventilated/Heated Seat button back to two individual buttons..

3. Option for Purchaser to be able to buy a "Motorist Track Pack" for 6MT. That either costs more for maint. program or deletes clutch from maint. program so that tune for 6MT can be the same as Comp. Come on BMW read this and charge me ... It's an easy cash grab.. I will prepay 4 clutches for it lololol.

4. Lighted Shift Knob... didn't realize I would miss that lol

5. Forum/Internet Design Naysayer repellent.. just see the damn thing in person lol

I think that's all the quirks and features I am missing.. other that the stuff I have going on that's wrong haha..
Appreciate 1
Bahamut709.50
      05-27-2021, 10:24 AM   #56
Bahamut
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Got another one:

I wish there was an auto function to have the seats recline/scoot back when you're about to exit the car. Would make it easier to get out.

For now, I use the 2nd seat memory function to do this, but would've been nice to have it as a built-in option for the comfort features
Appreciate 3
snareman8959.50
Der_Wolf888.00
      05-27-2021, 11:57 AM   #57
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

On the G82, I wish the U.S. got the rear turn signals that the other markets get. The amber signals look wayyyyy better to me.
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4255.50
      05-27-2021, 01:21 PM   #58
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Got another one:

I wish there was an auto function to have the seats recline/scoot back when you're about to exit the car. Would make it easier to get out.

For now, I use the 2nd seat memory function to do this, but would've been nice to have it as a built-in option for the comfort features
Easy entry/exit is probably available but for whatever reason BMW doesn't tick the box when they leave the factory. I imagine it can be coded as it can on most modern BMW's.
Appreciate 1
Bahamut709.50
      05-27-2021, 01:40 PM   #59
snareman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Easy entry/exit is probably available but for whatever reason BMW doesn't tick the box when they leave the factory. I imagine it can be coded as it can on most modern BMW's.
Yea, it seems like there are a of things they could have easily allowed us to program via iDrive. ASD being another one. Maybe today I want to hear fake engine noise. Maybe tomorrow I want peace.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 02:24 PM   #60
Bahamut
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Quote:
Got another one:

Hopefully they can include it in the LCI. Just something small, but I definitely missed it when I switched from my Audi
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 09:18 PM   #61
Bimmer TiM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3 Competition

I'd have to say the boring black plastic window switches. They should totally be the same silver/aluminum trim as the rest of the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 06:33 AM   #62
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer TiM3 View Post
I'd have to say the boring black plastic window switches. They should totally be the same silver/aluminum trim as the rest of the car.
I've seen them in silver in videos (mostly European cars?). I thought it was a Competition feature but then saw black in some comp videos. Also saw silver switches in a video with a car that didn't look like it had full leather. I'll second your statement, it would look better if they weren't black and I'm not sure what you'd need to get them.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 06:56 AM   #63
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
I've seen them in silver in videos (mostly European cars?). I thought it was a Competition feature but then saw black in some comp videos. Also saw silver switches in a video with a car that didn't look like it had full leather. I'll second your statement, it would look better if they weren't black and I'm not sure what you'd need to get them.
canadian cars have "galvanic controls" too ... but its really just silver painted plastic instead of actual blocks of metal as the switchgear as far as i can tell