BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Wheels / Tires

06-16-2021, 12:18 PM   #1
wooblewobble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

Correct part number for 826M 20" Jet Black?

I'm embarrassed to say that I hit a curb while taking a turn less than a week after I picked up the car. I'm going to take it to a rim repair place to see what it would run (thinking $150-250 range), but if it doesn't come out good, I'd like to know what a new rim would cost. Anyone know what the part number is? From my search, it seems to be 36108093837, 36117882868, or 36108093839, but the descriptions online aren't very detailed.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #2
OneCleanBMW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Post a pic of the curb. A really good shop should be able to make it look like new. I've seen chunks take out of wheels, that have eventually been repaired to factory finish.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 10:09 PM   #3
wooblewobble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCleanBMW View Post
Post a pic of the curb. A really good shop should be able to make it look like new. I've seen chunks take out of wheels, that have eventually been repaired to factory finish.
Didn't get a pic, unfortunately (or fortunately--I didn't want to admit to myself that it happened and create a record of it...). But you are right. I walked into a place down the street today and showed it to them. About half an hour and $90 later, it's as good as new. Maybe someone with a microscope could tell that there was a repair done, but I sure as hell couldn't in bright daylight.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 11:17 AM   #4
OneCleanBMW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooblewobble View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCleanBMW View Post
Didn't get a pic, unfortunately (or fortunately--I didn't want to admit to myself that it happened and create a record of it...). But you are right. I walked into a place down the street today and showed it to them. About half an hour and $90 later, it's as good as new. Maybe someone with a microscope could tell that there was a repair done, but I sure as hell couldn't in bright daylight.
Sweet! Enjoy the car
Appreciate 0