BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

05-05-2021, 06:13 PM   #661
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I'm a diehard MT guy, so I went 7MT. I got Chalk with the carbon fiber roof and GT3-esque AeroKit. I already have a mini mod list building.
That's great! I wanted the aerokit too but they discontinued it for 2021 when I got my allocation. I was right on the cusp. Another 2 weeks and I would've gotten the 2022 allocation. So I missed out on the aerokit and the shark blue color which I would've definitely gotten.

Still, with how tight 911 allocations have been, I'm still glad I got one confirmed.

Your car is going to look outstanding in Chalk w/ CF roof. I didn't care much for Chalk in pictures, but when I went to the dealership and saw it in person, it was stunning and almost changed my mind. Are you doing the black aerokit or regular painted? Black aerokit would set off really well w/ the CF roof.
I thought about doing the black, but I opted for body colored AeroKit. I kind of want the roof to stand out on its own.
Appreciate 1
AlterZgo1537.50
      05-06-2021, 03:00 AM   #662
corbinwilliams
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC, 650i GC, i7 xDrive60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AWD View Post
I say check how much Carvana & Vroom will offer you. They surprised me with great offers on both our cars. It takes a few minutes and you receive an offer good for several days. They come & pick it up from your driveway.
I know BMW’s have different pricing at Carmax. But I recently took my Macan GTS there and they gave me $52,000 and my lease buyout was $47,000 so I made $5,000 the following month I took my Lexus LC500 which they gave $67,000 and my buyout was $55,000. I guess Carmax is very desperate for used cars in this current market. I profited $17k from Carmax within 2 month period. Unfortunately when I took my sons 2019 440i GC they offered $3,000 less than the buyout
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan24829.00
Transfer5244.00
M3AWD3178.00
      05-06-2021, 10:05 AM   #663
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
A down payment on a lease has nothing to do with saving interest relative to money factor. Down payments are purely pre-paying to decrease the monthly bill but you can't buy down the dollar amount that accrues interest on a lease. In some areas you can buy down the MF with MSDs, but that's not a down payment.

Nothing to be gained from up front (down) payment on leases.
Huh?! Rent charge is a function of cap and MF (see equations in link below)...so the higher your cap the more interest you pay...meaning if you lower cap with a down payment the less interest you pay over the lease term.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/...e-payment.html
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24829.00
      05-06-2021, 10:30 AM   #664
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialogical View Post
That is not accurate.

One of the forum members is leasing a lightly optioned 911 S.

His lease payment is $1,200 on a 4 year lease with $20,000 down.

My payment is $1,200 for 3 years with nothing down.

They are not comparable and you're deluding yourself if you think they are.
I guess you didn't see my follow up post. I was at a time someone offer me 7% off on a order with $5k down I was getting quoted $1300 for 4 yrs. The lease rates and discounts have drastically changed.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 11:59 AM   #665
dialogical
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
Quote:
That is not accurate.

I guess you didn't see my follow up post. I was at a time someone offer me 7% off on a order with $5k down I was getting quoted $1300 for 4 yrs. The lease rates and discounts have drastically changed.
You're right, I didn't. Things have gone crazy at Porsche, apparently.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 12:35 PM   #666
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I'm a diehard MT guy, so I went 7MT. I got Chalk with the carbon fiber roof and GT3-esque AeroKit. I already have a mini mod list building.

I think the G8X is a great car. The Porsche has always been my dream car, specifically the GT3, but I know I can't afford that variant. The universe worked things out for me to get into the Porsche following the sale of my F82, so I figured now is the best time to do it. I knew if I didn't do it now I would likely never do it; the G8X was going to be my last car (..as I am getting to the point where I don't want payments anymore). Now, the Carrera S will be my last car unless a miraculous GT3 lands in my lap in a few years. My goal is to be completely payment free in the next 5-6 years. My Ducati V4 will be paid off in 3 more years and my commuter Corolla in 4 years. I figure I'll do the 3 year lease on the Carrera and then buy out the lease and refi for 3 more years......and be done. That's my short plan anyway. I had actually planned to do that with my F82, but I sold for a profit.
Congratulations! I took a look at 991.2 and 992 cars yesterday; they’re beautiful. 992 with the Aerokit will be a nice thing to see in the garage.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24829.00
      05-06-2021, 12:58 PM   #667
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
Quote:
That is not accurate.

You're right, I didn't. Things have gone crazy at Porsche, apparently.
The 911 market is insane. A 6 year old GT3 is ~$140k, one that's a couple of years old is over $200k, which is MORE than the base price for a new one, and the new ones are impossible to get. That's then cascading down to the lower models, and so Porsche isn't even bothering to lube up when they present their lease numbers to you
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 02:50 PM   #668
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Quote:

I think the G8X is a great car. The Porsche has always been my dream car, specifically the GT3, but I know I can't afford that variant. The universe worked things out for me to get into the Porsche following the sale of my F82, so I figured now is the best time to do it. I knew if I didn't do it now I would likely never do it; the G8X was going to be my last car (..as I am getting to the point where I don't want payments anymore). Now, the Carrera S will be my last car unless a miraculous GT3 lands in my lap in a few years. My goal is to be completely payment free in the next 5-6 years. My Ducati V4 will be paid off in 3 more years and my commuter Corolla in 4 years. I figure I'll do the 3 year lease on the Carrera and then buy out the lease and refi for 3 more years......and be done. That's my short plan anyway. I had actually planned to do that with my F82, but I sold for a profit.
Congratulations! I took a look at 991.2 and 992 cars yesterday; they're beautiful. 992 with the Aerokit will be a nice thing to see in the garage.
I'll be opening my garage twice daily just to glance at it. Lol!
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4255.50
      05-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #669
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i, 2018 911 T

Quote:
Can I borrow it when I'm in SoCal?
Archived: 2019 Ford GT350 Ford Performance Blue/Dark Slate, 2012 BMW X5 50i Alpine White/Black, 2014 BMW 320i M Sport Melbourne Red/Black, 2009 BMW DINAN3 Alpine White/Black, 2008 BMW 335xi Alpine White/Black, 1998 BMW 328is Avus Blue/Tan
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24829.00
      05-06-2021, 03:53 PM   #670
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
Quote:
Can I borrow it when I'm in SoCal?
Sure. Put some miles on it for me. Lol!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 04:27 PM   #671
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by greginchi View Post
Huh?! Rent charge is a function of cap and MF (see equations in link below)...so the higher your cap the more interest you pay...meaning if you lower cap with a down payment the less interest you pay over the lease term.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/...e-payment.html
I'm under the impression that deposit money lowers monthly payment by $$$/lease term so $5000 drops a 36 mo lease by $138.89 per month. Perhaps I'm wrong and you have to also subtract whatever interest charge is part of that $138.89 you are lowering your payment. That would generally be rather insignificant on a monthly basis so I guess I haven't bothered to count that in the past. Leases truly are designed to confuse.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 05:36 PM   #672
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I'm under the impression that deposit money lowers monthly payment by $$$/lease term so $5000 drops a 36 mo lease by $138.89 per month. Perhaps I'm wrong and you have to also subtract whatever interest charge is part of that $138.89 you are lowering your payment. That would generally be rather insignificant on a monthly basis so I guess I haven't bothered to count that in the past. Leases truly are designed to confuse.
Yes...sorry but you are confused as are so many...and I'm no 100% expert either! Dealers love leases because most people haven't a clue and don't take the time to truly understand what they are doing.

Money down certainly decreases payment because it decreases the spread on depreciation and also the rent charge (MF based function) because you aren't 'borrowing' as much.

In a nutshell I'm just saying usually MFs on leases are subsidized low interest rates so putting money down doesn't make a lot of sense (amongst other reasons detailed above, car total, etc) unless the MFs are crazy high like they are on Porsches.

The interest savings aren't insignificant because it is basically your down times the MF...so for a Porsche we are talking 25000*0.002 or $50 a month savings just on the interest...not to mention the lower depreciation component.

State and local taxation differences not to mention potential biz write off complicates even further...again, all to dealer benefit via 'smoke and mirrors' compilation of your payment.

PS, if even thinking of leasing at all significant time should be spent at leasehackr.com, etc. to read all about how not to get hosed.

Last edited by gohawks23; 05-06-2021 at 05:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 10:51 PM   #673
Medal
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3C

Garage List
Ok thought I'd update since asking a few questions about my X5 trade towards a g80 comp (see my posts on page 28):

KBB had my 2019 X5 trade in at $52k, Car Fac had it $44k; my guess because of a very minor accident resulting from someone lane drifting into my front right quarter panel and resulting repair.

Given the range, I settled w/my dealer trade-in value at $49k. So far as price on the M3 comp, I only got a few grand off, though They are not a high-volume dealer and needed to trade for an allocation so I was told 🤷. Then incentives for another coupe grand off.

All in all I'm happy and don't feel ripped off; I was able to get 0.9% financing locked in though BMW which bested my credit union's rates as well. Thanks all for the help; now the wait and I can't wait.

My build:

M3 Comp
TBII
Silverstone full leather
Driving Assistance Pro package
Parking Assistance Package
Executive Package
M Drive pro
825M wheels
Extended shadowline trim delete
M shadowline lights
Steel brakes w/red calipers
Ventilated seats
Interior carbon fiber trim

Will share delivery pics when the time comes, ands thanks again all...

Btw...I did try out a Vroom quote on my X5...they offered me $36k- I was literally insulted.
acre22f90525.00
      05-07-2021, 11:01 PM   #674
dialogical
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal View Post
Ok thought I'd update since asking a few questions about my X5 trade towards a g80 comp (see my posts on page 28):

KBB had my 2019 X5 trade in at $52k, Car Fac had it $44k; my guess because of a very minor accident resulting from someone lane drifting into my front right quarter panel and resulting repair.

Given the range, I settled w/my dealer trade-in value at $49k. So far as price on the M3 comp, I only got a few grand off, though They are not a high-volume dealer and needed to trade for an allocation so I was told 🤷. Then incentives for another coupe grand off.

All in all I'm happy and don't feel ripped off; I was able to get 0.9% financing locked in though BMW which bested my credit union's rates as well. Thanks all for the help; now the wait and I can't wait.

My build:

M3 Comp
TBII
Silverstone full leather
Executive Package
M Drive pro
825M wheels
M shadowline lights
Ventilated seats

Btw...I did try out a Vroom quote on my X5...they offered me $36k- I was literally insulted.
Shadowline delete is a patrician choice.
Silver exhaust, just like god intended.
Appreciate 1
Alpha97183.50
      05-07-2021, 11:22 PM   #675
Medal
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3C

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

My build:

M3 Comp
TBII
Silverstone full leather
Executive Package
M Drive pro
825M wheels
M shadowline lights
Ventilated seats

I honestly prefer it and the body-color matched mirrors/spoiler....and same with the pipes; I like to see em'!
      05-08-2021, 01:11 AM   #676
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

My build:

M3 Comp
TBII
Silverstone full leather
Executive Package
M Drive pro
825M wheels
M shadowline lights
Ventilated seats

I agree! I'm all about the Shadowline delete.
Appreciate 2
Alpha97183.50
      05-08-2021, 01:26 AM   #677
backslashv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition

Question

I’d like to know how much people are paying with discounts, on average, before going to a dealer. This gives me a better idea on how much I can negotiate.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 04:07 AM   #678
Datemike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by backslashv View Post
I’d like to know how much people are paying with discounts, on average, before going to a dealer. This gives me a better idea on how much I can negotiate.
I would suggest reading through the previous pages on this thread. You can look at the different deals and the region of the user to make an informed decision about the price target you should be shooting for in your market/what discounts you'll be able to achieve outside of your market.

Keep in mind the market has been getting worse progressively week over week so some deals from even 2-3 weeks ago might not be achievable anymore. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 10:05 AM   #679
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datemike View Post
I would suggest reading through the previous pages on this thread. You can look at the different deals and the region of the user to make an informed decision about the price target you should be shooting for in your market/what discounts you'll be able to achieve outside of your market.

Keep in mind the market has been getting worse progressively week over week so some deals from even 2-3 weeks ago might not be achievable anymore. Good luck!
Yeah it seems as though deals (and even orders) have really dried up. There was a whole slew of "order placed/xx discount" posts for awhile, now they seem to be more "can't find an allocation" or "production got moved back"
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 08:07 PM   #680
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
Yeah it seems as though deals (and even orders) have really dried up. There was a whole slew of "order placed/xx discount" posts for awhile, now they seem to be more "can't find an allocation" or "production got moved back"
Yea, that seems to kind of be the case. People with brokers were getting upwards of 6-9% off, some people going the traditional dealer route were getting maybe 3ish% and more recently it seems that cars are going for sticker and in some crazy places are going for 15-20k EXTRA. And now on top of that there are all of these part shortages and not a ton of allocations.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 12:57 PM   #681
backslashv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Yea, that seems to kind of be the case. People with brokers were getting upwards of 6-9% off, some people going the traditional dealer route were getting maybe 3ish% and more recently it seems that cars are going for sticker and in some crazy places are going for 15-20k EXTRA. And now on top of that there are all of these part shortages and not a ton of allocations.
Why the hell do people pay above MSRP? Seems like a very stupid thing to do IMO.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 01:39 PM   #682
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i, 2018 911 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by backslashv View Post
Why the hell do people pay above MSRP? Seems like a very stupid thing to do IMO.
Why do people pay msrp? Or 5% under it? It is just a somewhat made up reference price. Yes, a lot of things are based on it, like the dealer's profit margin, but if a manufacturer sets the MSRP way too high (like Jaguar did with the e-pace) then huge rebates will flow until things sell.

Lots of people have enough money that $15,000 doesn't make a difference to them to get what they want today.

For example, if you lead this kind of life, $15,000 is the price of one short private jet flight. . What difference does it make to pay $15,000 more for a car?

Personally I'm not even going to pay MSRP because I'm a deal hunter but just saying...
Appreciate 1