BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

04-27-2021, 11:50 PM   #23
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by golovko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
Out of curiosity OP, did you end up going with the dealer offer? I got a good offer from Carvana on my F82 and went with them; checked VROOM based on this thread and theirs was just a hair under. Both were thousands more than the KBB Instant Offer a local BMW dealership gave me.

For a one-owner 6MT, Bring A Trailer could even be an option. Doesn't look like they've had similar in a year but they were getting around the same as your offer or a bit higher. If anything on my F82, the market/offers went up since I checked prices last year.
I did end up selling it to a dealership. Carvana and VROOM ended up being significantly lower than the dealerships I went to through KBB or TruCar. The dealership I sold it to I ended up reaching out to first because they deal mostly in high end luxury vehicles (Rolls Royce, Bentley, etc) and their used car inventory looked like a good home for my M3. They offered me the most.

My overall experience with both TruCar and KBB Instant Cash was very poor. Out of all the dealerships that reached out to me, not a single one knew anything about TruCar or KBB when I showed up.
It's too late now I suppose, but did you consider Cars & Bids? I sold my 335 on auction there and it did great. A car like yours might have gone higher than the 57 offered.
      04-28-2021, 09:54 AM   #24
golovko
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW G80 M3C - IOMG/KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachinesWithSouls View Post
It's too late now I suppose, but did you consider Cars & Bids? I sold my 335 on auction there and it did great. A car like yours might have gone higher than the 57 offered.
That was one of the first places I considered (mainly because of how many Doug videos I watch every week ) but ultimately I decided the quickest/least involved route was best for me. I've never sold a car as a private sale or on a bidding site so I talked myself out of it even though I would have probably gotten a lot more money.
2017 BMW X5 40e M-Sport - Gone
2015 BMW M3 - Gone - ED Pickup June 2nd, 2015
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2021, 12:34 PM   #25
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by golovko View Post
I decided the quickest/least involved route was best for me. I've never sold a car as a private sale or on a bidding site so I talked myself out of it even though I would have probably gotten a lot more money.
You did good.

I've sold leased cars before, and NC (like many states) stacks the deck in favor of dealers. What you would have to do would be to buy the car from the leasing company, which means getting the payoff amount (obtain a loan or steal it from savings) and sending them a check, then after it's officially paid for and you get the title from them, you would have to go to the DMV and get a new title in your name, which means paying our state's use tax (3%) on the sale (about $1500 for that car). Then you wait for the new title to come in the mail (unless you go to the downtown office, which has moved to Rocky Mount, for an "instant" title for $40 extra) before you can sell it or auction it to an individual. It's a real pain.

If you use a dealer, any dealer, you just take the car to them, and trade the keys for a check. For most of us, that's worth $1500 for months of delay and hassle.

Plus, selling privately, including through an auction site (BTDT) is a real PITA and incurs further delay.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 12:50 PM   #26
golovko
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
You did good.

I've sold leased cars before, and NC (like many states) stacks the deck in favor of dealers. What you would have to do would be to buy the car from the leasing company, which means getting the payoff amount (obtain a loan or steal it from savings) and sending them a check, then after it's officially paid for and you get the title from them, you would have to go to the DMV and get a new title in your name, which means paying our state's use tax (3%) on the sale (about $1500 for that car). Then you wait for the new title to come in the mail (unless you go to the downtown office, which has moved to Rocky Mount, for an "instant" title for $40 extra) before you can sell it or auction it to an individual. It's a real pain.

If you use a dealer, any dealer, you just take the car to them, and trade the keys for a check. For most of us, that's worth $1500 for months of delay and hassle.

Plus, selling privately, including through an auction site (BTDT) is a real PITA and incurs further delay.
ugh, that just sounds painful. Glad I did too now more so than before

It did take a really long time to get my check because of the delays with receiving an out of state title. But the lease was paid off and closed within a few days of signing the paperwork.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 03:15 PM   #27
sunna
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: n/a

Is this your car? Pretty nice markup from the dealer.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8045/overview/
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 08:17 PM   #28
golovko
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunna View Post
Is this your car? Pretty nice markup from the dealer.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8045/overview/
I don’t know what the odds are that the exact same color combo and options and miles as mine would be in Ohio (I’m in NC) but it could very well be mine. That is not the dealership I sold it to though. The dealership I sold it to had it listed on their website for around $64,000 but it is no longer listed on there. It is possible they purchased it or swapped cars with the dealership here in NC.
Appreciate 0