home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

04-01-2021, 04:26 PM   #45
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

He does a great job, imo. He is a 6MT guy, so I am a little disappointed he did not get a chance to review that for us.

Last edited by seis-speed; 04-01-2021 at 05:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 04:41 PM   #46
RoWoX3M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcali86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampenn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoWoX3M View Post
Don't have the guts to own a frozen color but dang it looks good
I was thinking about frozen ... What's the hesitation you have? There must be something I don't know about
You just can't buff out any minor marks is the only difference. It's easier to maintain regards to washing on the flip side though.
Exactly. Lot more do's and dont's with frozen paint. Easy for someone to jack it up
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 07:22 PM   #47
Ikester19
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
Bmw releases car with CF roof:
"Poser stuff, nobody can feel a difference, give me a sunroof"

Bmw releases car with sunroof:
"They cheaped out, M is for marketing, Porsche here I come"

Bmw offers choice of roofs:
"Why is this car so expensive?!"

Honestly there is no satisfying Joe Forumgoer
Lol.. maybe BMW should also offer a carbon roof with a sunroof
Appreciate 1
yousefnjr6154.50
      04-02-2021, 01:39 AM   #48
Jcali86
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was thinking about frozen ... What's the hesitation you have? There must be something I don't know about
You just can't buff out any minor marks is the only difference. It's easier to maintain regards to washing on the flip side though.
Exactly. Lot more do's and dont's with frozen paint. Easy for someone to jack it up
From my research I'd say around 90% of people saying how hard it is to own a frozen/magno paint car have not actually owned a frozen/magno paint car. Those that do or have say it really isn't that much work, and is really comparable to looking after any paint well - no car washes, high quality washing products and keeping anything that could scratch it away.

It is without doubt a riskier option than non frozen paint to care for though, because yeah; easy to be ruined and very hard to fix without a massive respray.
      04-02-2021, 07:57 AM   #49
RoWoX3M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
From my research I'd say around 90% of people saying how hard it is to own a frozen/magno paint car have not actually owned a frozen/magno paint car. Those that do or have say it really isn't that much work, and is really comparable to looking after any paint well - no car washes, high quality washing products and keeping anything that could scratch it away.

It is without doubt a riskier option than non frozen paint to care for though, because yeah; easy to be ruined and very hard to fix without a massive respray.
Agreed. With the matte finish you can't use polish or wax so that means owners should probably avoid even touchless washes as there's no real telling which utilize a wax in the soap. Can't use DA polishers or other mechanical ways of cleaning the paint. You have to use special sealants and cleaners to protect and remove contaminants which aren't readily available at your local auto parts store. I love taking care of my car's paint. I find it therapeutic but there's absolutely less room for error with a matte finish.
Appreciate 1
Jcali861479.00
      04-04-2021, 05:27 PM   #50
TruthOne
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Isnt the problem with frozen paint needing to get entire sections repainted if you get into an accident and it never matches correctly?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 09:27 PM   #51
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideontwo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadar View Post
I agree with your assessment and I have to say I agree. I particularly really dislike the front end and I'm not a potential buyer due to the looks but I bet the car drives amazing and the interior is the best one bmw has ever done on an M car. The side and rear look pretty good on the sedan but I'm not so much of a fan of the coupe rear window the way they finished up the greenhouse. I'm sure the car will get love and hate from crowds but one thing is for sure this will be a tuner hit and will make gobs of power.
Like you, I dislike the front. The car does have a lot of content. Lack of manual trans is a turn off. If I was buyer, which I am not, I would go with the base M3.

Wouldn't be so sure on the Tuner bit and gobs of power. EPA, in the US, is starting to crack down on tuners and modified tunes.

Also, didn't I hear that the ECU is locked down??
Someone will always end up cracking the ecu. Most tuners even on the Audi side have already begun the transition to EPA compliant tunes. They won't even tune or turn off any CEL light anymore and most don't do tunes past a stage 1 or 1+. These stages are completely epa compliant and don't alter any emissions component.

Tuning will still be a thing just limited as to what it use to be.