BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

07-02-2023, 05:22 PM   #1
ObsessedM3C
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition

Long time listener, first time caller.

Finally put my name on a M3CX waitlist in Jan2023 and was recently told I’m next in line. I’m going to be leasing the vehicle and as this is my first lease, my first bmw, and overall first brand new car that’s nice I want to be as prepared as possible and make the car somewhat personalized.

Because it’s a lease I don’t want to go to overboard with ownership mods but what are some must do’s/must haves that are relatively inexpensive to enhance ownership experience?

Planned + estimate $$:
-Full stealth PPF + window tint $5100 all in
(I specced Oxford Green (430) with Fjord Blue and I think it would make it stand out more)
-Winter tire and wheel package 3000 ish with tpms
(cheaper side compared to BMW quote of 6k, and reasonable for X-Ice tires which were quoted at $1210/pair at Costco)
-Tint/Smoke out reflectors $20
(orange reflectors look ugly imo)
-Looking into radars but hard to find good and out of the way units

LMK what else is a must have/do for the G80 that would enhance the overall ownership experience and look of the car?

edit: also planning on mud gaurds
edit2: ive since changed the colour to liquid copper and switched to cash as I could not get approved for a lease/finance without substantial money down
edit3: ordered sliplo guards, mishimoto skid plate, and ap carbon mud flaps
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 05:25 PM   #2
Chapter2099
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CompX

Yellow DLRs and a Vorsteiner front grille are on my shortlist of mods that you might want to consider.

Performance wise, I’m not the best person to ask because I’m too paranoid about voiding the warranty. I know that’s a controversial topic as well in terms of what will and won’t void things, so I’d be curious what others say.
Appreciate 2
      07-02-2023, 05:35 PM   #3
ObsessedM3C
Private
Canada
Rep

I seen Eand.3 M3 before it lit up in flames on Tiktok and was basically going yo replicate his OEM+ look. I think the Vorsteiner is going to be perfect and thats what he’s got.

Second the warranty thing, I’ve been told the S58 is uber reliable but with the weather and my driving style not going to risk losing warranty early like you said. Hopefully by the time she’s out of warranty tuning will be available at shops without shipping components overseas
Appreciate 2
      07-02-2023, 05:58 PM   #4
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Skip the PPF since it’s a lease. Just do paint correction + ceramic coating

Unless you’re doing it for the stealth / matte effect. But Oxford Green is an absolute gorgeous metallic color. Not sure why you’d want to do that

Must do mod’s :

Ceramic tints
M performance floor matts
iND painted front reflectors
NW Carbon Haus CF V1 Grill
Dashcam integrated - FitcamX
CF air ducts/inlets
Llarry16022.50
RushB9.00
pdjafari151.50
      07-02-2023, 05:58 PM   #5
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedM3C View Post
Long time listener, first time caller.

Finally put my name on a M3CX waitlist in Jan2023 and was recently told I’m next in line. I’m going to be leasing the vehicle and as this is my first lease, my first bmw, and overall first brand new car that’s nice I want to be as prepared as possible and make the car somewhat personalized.

Because it’s a lease I don’t want to go to overboard with ownership mods but what are some must do’s/must haves that are relatively inexpensive to enhance ownership experience?

Planned + estimate $$:
-Full stealth PPF + window tint $5100 all in
(I specced Oxford Green (430) with Fjord Blue and I think it would make it stand out more)
-Winter tire and wheel package 3000 ish with tpms
(cheaper side compared to BMW quote of 6k, and reasonable for X-Ice tires which were quoted at $1210/pair at Costco)
-Tint/Smoke out reflectors $20
(orange reflectors look ugly imo)
-Looking into radars but hard to find good and out of the way units

LMK what else is a must have/do for the G80 that would enhance the overall ownership experience and look of the car?
Welcome caller
The first obvious thing, since you’re leasing are you sure you want to soak up that much cash you’re not going to get back on a stealth wrap? Tinting I get.
Wheels and your painted or smoked reflectors can be sold or is minimal cost impact. Hit up iND for color matching if you want them painted, or your local paint and body shop.

Wheels are always a user decision as there are so many choices for a wide range of budgets.

If you decide to get a radar, look into Blendmount with their wiretaps. I just installed one with an Uniden R8 and it was easy.

There are a lot of purely cosmetic mods that won’t mess with your warranty and might be able to resell. Some simple performance mods can be done as well without risking too much. Midpipes, replacement panel filters or replacement intakes, exhaust systems and actuators.

I think the only thing to avoid is doing any tunes that require FEMTO unlocking or tapping as BMW can see your parameters out of a given range and if related, will void that section of your warranty if so desired.

The exception of sorts at the moment is CarBahn as they will kick in their matching warranty (assuming you pay for that option) if BMW won’t cover it and it’s related to their tune.

I’m going for OEM+ look and at the moment am not planning to modify the DME in any way or removing my factory downpipes/catalytic’s but almost everything else is somewhat game.

Looking forward to seeing what you decide!
Appreciate 4
      07-02-2023, 05:59 PM   #6
Delmoney335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM G80 comp

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
I know ppf is a hot topic here but I think it’s a waste of $ unless you’re keeping it. To sink that much $ on a lease and return it , seems wasteful to me.
      07-02-2023, 06:14 PM   #7
ObsessedM3C
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post

Unless you’re doing it for the stealth / matte effect. But Oxford Green is an absolute gorgeous metallic color. Not sure why you’d want to do that

Must do mod’s :

Ceramic tints
CF air ducts/inlets
Split on the iND reflectors cause on one side its $150 and looks nice and on the flip of that I could probably frankenstein a smoked out look for probably $20. Just added the FitcamX to my cart, thank you btw it completely slipped my mind.

Regarding to the PPF believe it or not that was on top of my list for MUST have😭. I feel like the Oxford Green in stealth would look so different and eye catching on the roads, similar to Kies Motorsports IOMG in stealth and for tint the plan is 50% on the windshield, and 10% all around including fronts. Summers here suck at 35° and the winters even worse at -45°
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 06:22 PM   #8
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post

Must do mod’s :

Ceramic tints
CF air ducts/inlets
On the fitcamX, how is the night resolution? I had it in my cart but saw some reviews that gave it some poor feedback. It appears to work with my radar/blendmount as it sits high enough but veering more towards Blackvue. Change my mind!
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2023, 06:23 PM   #9
ObsessedM3C
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Welcome caller
The first obvious thing, since you’re leasing are you sure you want to soak up that much cash you’re not going to get back on a stealth wrap? Tinting I get.
Wheels and your painted or smoked reflectors can be sold or is minimal cost impact. Hit up iND for color matching if you want them painted, or your local paint and body shop.

Wheels are always a user decision as there are so many choices for a wide range of budgets.

If you decide to get a radar, look into Blendmount with their wiretaps. I just installed one with an Uniden R8 and it was easy.

There are a lot of purely cosmetic mods that won’t mess with your warranty and might be able to resell. Some simple performance mods can be done as well without risking too much. Midpipes, replacement panel filters or replacement intakes, exhaust systems and actuators.

I think the only thing to avoid is doing any tunes that require FEMTO unlocking or tapping as BMW can see your parameters out of a given range and if related, will void that section of your warranty if so desired.

The exception of sorts at the moment is CarBahn as they will kick in their matching warranty (assuming you pay for that option) if BMW won’t cover it and it’s related to their tune.

I’m going for OEM+ look and at the moment am not planning to modify the DME in any way or removing my factory downpipes/catalytic’s but almost everything else is somewhat game.

Looking forward to seeing what you decide!
First time buying new so my justification was that I’d get some of my money back in resale and maybe increase the trade in when I drop the keys off at the end of the lease, plus the stealth look would look pretty unique.

Going to research the Blendmount once I’m off work, just also ordered a FitmentX dashcam so gotta figure out how both will install.

As of right now right now, going to play super safe in regards to engine mods and anything ECU related just because Im scared shitless of expensive repairs.

What have you done so far on your g80?

I’ll keep you boys posted once everything is in and done on the car. I’m super excited but also nervous because holyyyy is BMW M ownership a rabbithole.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 06:30 PM   #10
ObsessedM3C
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmoney335 View Post
I know ppf is a hot topic here but I think it’s a waste of $ unless you’re keeping it. To sink that much $ on a lease and return it , seems wasteful to me.
I have no clue yet, I heard the LCI is for the 25MY and from the 4series spyshots and price hikes in the last 3 yrs I’m really just hedging a bet that I will get some of the money back at the end of the lease and the 21-24 model year will be more desirable when I trade it in/buy it out. Still undecided, still gathering more info, luckily got nothing but time on my hands because of slow factory production 🥰
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2023, 06:32 PM   #11
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedM3C View Post
First time buying new so my justification was that I’d get some of my money back in resale and maybe increase the trade in when I drop the keys off at the end of the lease, plus the stealth look would look pretty unique.

Going to research the Blendmount once I’m off work, just also ordered a FitmentX dashcam so gotta figure out how both will install.

As of right now right now, going to play super safe in regards to engine mods and anything ECU related just because Im scared shitless of expensive repairs.

What have you done so far on your g80?

I’ll keep you boys posted once everything is in and done on the car. I’m super excited but also nervous because holyyyy is BMW M ownership a rabbithole.
Not sure if the wrap will get you anything on resale or trade tbh, especially if just returning the lease.

Everything I’ve done has been cosmetic or performance oriented without touching my DME. The only exhaust mods are a non-resonated midpipe and the dAHler exhaust controller. Everything else is cosmetic or not really invasive. I’m about done after my wheels come and I install my MPHAS suspension. At least that’s what I told myself. Rabbit hole indeed.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 06:32 PM   #12
Chapter2099
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
On the fitcamX, how is the night resolution? I had it in my cart but saw some reviews that gave it some poor feedback. It appears to work with my radar/blendmount as it sits high enough but veering more towards Blackvue. Change my mind!
I’m glad BimmerFix brought up FitCam.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on BMW’s ACE 3.0 and how it compares to FitCamX and others like it?

I know the ACE system has a front cam and back cam too. Does FitCam have anything comparable?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 06:36 PM   #13
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter2099 View Post

What’s everyone’s thoughts on BMW’s ACE 3.0 and how it compares to FitCamX and others like it?

I know the ACE system has a front cam and back cam too. Does FitCam have anything comparable?
We’re starting to move this away from its original intent lol

FitcamX offers a back cam. I’ve also read some less than favorable reviews on the latest ACE but maybe a lot of people are benchmarking against the likes of Blackvue and other high end systems.

I’ve never had a Dashcam other than the ones in my Teslas so not much to baseline against tbh

For the price, I might go ahead and get the fitcamX and return to Amazon if it doesn’t meet my needs.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2023, 06:38 PM   #14
Chapter2099
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We’re starting to move this away from its original intent lol

FitcamX offers a back cam. I’ve also read some less than favorable reviews on the latest ACE but maybe a lot of people are benchmarking against the likes of Blackvue and other high end systems.

I’ve never had a Dashcam other than the ones in my Teslas so not much to baseline against tbh

For the price, I might go ahead and get the fitcamX and return to Amazon if it doesn’t meet my needs.
Sorry, OP. : /

And thank you, BzsBimmer. I might drop you a PM in the future. Appreciate all of this!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 06:44 PM   #15
ObsessedM3C
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, OP. : /

And thank you, BzsBimmer. I might drop you a PM in the future. Appreciate all of this!
lmao no worries, this info also helps me too. the more people involved, the merrier

edit: i ordered the fitment, i’ll lyk how it is as well when she’s all installed
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2023, 06:49 PM   #16
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Quote:
I’m still waiting to take delivery on my M3

Quote:

Fitcam offers a back cam also . I just love the integrated OEM look. No one will know you have a dashcam installed.

I also bought a 256 GB micro SD to pair with. That’s the max size the cam supports

Although there are better, more capable setups from Blackvue & others .

Forget BMW Ace system , overpriced to be honest & nothing special
RushB9.00
      07-02-2023, 06:51 PM   #17
Th3DarkSide
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Quote:
+1. Beat me to it. Interested also.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 07:13 PM   #18
Tuscan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Public Transportation

I don't think Oxford Green will go well with Fjord Blue. I'm saying it since you asked for opinions, don't take it as a negative comment. Also, I agree with the other about skipping the PPF for a lease.

You will love the M3. It's definitely worth the wait.
      07-02-2023, 07:14 PM   #19
breezyrc15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G82 M4CX

Front monoballs, midpipe, lowering springs
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 07:19 PM   #20
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

$5k for PPF on leased car is not a good idea. While $150 IND painted reflectors seem a lot more reasonable.
I would also check if dealer is OK with stealth PPF because it will cost money to remove it if it’s not.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2023, 07:56 PM   #21
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
I champion PPF here but even I don't think I'd spend the money for PPF on a rental, unless you knew you were going to buy it out.
Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602217.00
      07-02-2023, 08:53 PM   #22
ObsessedM3C
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan View Post
I don't think Oxford Green will go well with Fjord Blue. I'm saying it since you asked for opinions, don't take it as a negative comment. Also, I agree with the other about skipping the PPF for a lease.

You will love the M3. It's definitely worth the wait.

trust the process 🥲 everyone usually goes with a Green/Orange combo but with the stealth PPF I think the Blue would look super nice. Unique too and with the tint it won’t look off at all. I’ll post some pics when she’s here bro, fingers crossed its not as bad as everyone tells me
Appreciate 0