BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

04-19-2024, 12:11 PM   #23
Ezra168
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4/Infiniti Q50S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Yes, it is a MASSIVE difference.
Hey man, would you help me understand the change that will happen. I mean does the CS/CSL not have different steering parts all together? So this is just a program/digital change, what is it actually doing? I’m strongly considering but have a manual so I’d only be getting the steering so didn’t know if just that is enough to notice a difference? Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 02:27 AM   #24
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post

i don't suppose they made the steering wheel of the CS less chunky and less stiff? i couldn't stand the steering wheel in the G20 both in terms of how chunky it was and how stiff it was (though I eventually got used to it)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 07:48 AM   #25
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra168 View Post
Hey man, would you help me understand the change that will happen. I mean does the CS/CSL not have different steering parts all together? So this is just a program/digital change, what is it actually doing? I’m strongly considering but have a manual so I’d only be getting the steering so didn’t know if just that is enough to notice a difference? Thanks for your help!
Sorry, missed this.

The CS absolutely has different hardware. Most importantly, it has different hubs which allow more camber. It also has different springs and sway bars.

So the steering. You know how the standard car is a bit reluctant to return to center. Feels a little "gloopy" like the rack doesn't quite move freely? Doesn't have much "weight" when you load the car into a corner? The CS software gets rid of all of that. It feels SO much more natural. It's still not fizzing with feel, but you definitely get more and it weights up much more naturally. I literally felt the difference before I got to the end of my street.

I'm planning on adding monoballs soon and can't wait to see THAT difference.
Appreciate 2
KevinGS3360.50