BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

01-28-2024, 05:37 PM   #45
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Looks like I gave in after all! Haha 😊

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8#post30837288
Share some photos when it arrives!!
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
Burrcold5322.50
      02-15-2024, 12:33 PM   #46
gc.g80brg
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3C Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Long story short... the RS5 almost feels like ... in BMW terms ... that it's an M340i and not an M3. The interior was very nice, although the infotainment system really is last-gen tech.

I drove the car for a few minutes, so this is definitely a "biased" review, especially since I've never owned an Audi. I did really like the steering wheel feel; however, the steering itself felt numb and light, and the throttle response felt lazy. The car was relatively quiet, even in the RS settings. You could tell the car *could* be quick, but there was no emotion, no pomp and circumstance, etc. I know I have the bucket seats in my M, but the interior in the M is so much more exciting, iDrive8 and all. It just felt and looked sportier.

The M3 Competition xDrive is the faster, better, more exciting car, hands down. The RS is quick, but not as fast as the M3, and it travels with much less urgency to get going.

Ultimately, it's a great car, and I know that this model is on the way out, but the RS just felt 8/10 of the car the M is, for the same price (or more).
The only audi car I would buy (because bmw doesn't have its rival) is the R8. You don't have much difference in term of look between A4, S4 and RS4 and interiors are awful, seats are base seats...

No wonder why BMW has always been way above audi's in terms of everything !

bmw FTW
2001 M3 Laguna seca 6 speed
Appreciate 2
SaMaster144439.00
tatarwj378.00
      02-18-2024, 10:08 PM   #47
chrisk03
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrosenberg33 View Post
...Oh, finally, a big factor for me in the latest purchase was that the M3 was a car I dreamt of for over 25 years. While the RS5 just doesn’t hold a place like that in my heart. TBH I would think the ratio of kids who grow up thinking about their dream car would be 10:1 M3 vs RS5.[...]
Can't argue with this at all and how I've felt for years. Was all ready to celebrate the 50 years of M in 2022 with one, but I just can't stand the looks of the front and the rest of the exterior is just ok to me. I did like the interior of the first 2 years, but absolutely hate all of the touch BS with iDrive 8 in the 23's +...just seems like BMW and I are moving further away from each other design-wise. The S58 is a beast so starting to look more at the X3MC or X4MC, but not sure I want an SUV, so the RS5 SB has hit my radar. For me, the exterior/interior looks of the Audi are much more to my liking, but I'm a BMW fan at heart. ☹️. First world problems...😂
      02-18-2024, 10:25 PM   #48
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk03 View Post
Can't argue with this at all and how I've felt for years. Was all ready to celebrate the 50 years of M in 2022 with one, but I just can't stand the looks of the front and the rest of the exterior is just ok to me. I did like the interior of the first 2 years, but absolutely hate all of the touch BS with iDrive 8 in the 23's +...just seems like BMW and I are moving further away from each other design-wise. The S58 is a beast so starting to look more at the X3MC or X4MC, but not sure I want an SUV, so the RS5 SB has hit my radar. For me, the exterior/interior looks of the Audi are much more to my liking, but I'm a BMW fan at heart. ☹️. First world problems...😂
I’ve been BMW but I actually really like idrive 8 the screen is so crisp and layout is nice. Ive had many versions on idrive. They all had things I wish were different but each new version is better and this one is too.
HVAC is good I never even mess with climate settings.
I love the aggressive grill of the G80.
The Tartufo interior I have is so nice, when people see it they always comment how awesome it is.
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144439.00
      02-19-2024, 06:09 PM   #49
hrosenberg33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition X-drive

Quote:
Man, that’s too bad. Fortunately I really love the front end, I can totally see it as very polarizing, but to my eye it looks more aggressive and unique rather than “beavery” 🦫.

As for the interior, it looks amazing in KO and I’m really enjoying iDrive 8. Is it perfect, absolutely not. But I love tech and it works very well, with occasional hiccups related to CarPlay more than anything.

Not to steer you away from Audi, as I think my wife’s Q7 is a lemon, but the tech has been horrendous. Not recognizing the users, CarPlay randomly disconnecting, screen freezes on a song description and doesn’t change when new songs come on, garage door opener working when it feels like it and random loss of all the station presets. My wife abhors the car. This a 2022. My RS5 had no tech problems at all. So there’s that.
Appreciate 2
chrisk03153.00
SaMaster144439.00
      02-19-2024, 08:26 PM   #50
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Man, that’s too bad. Fortunately I really love the front end, I can totally see it as very polarizing, but to my eye it looks more aggressive and unique rather than “beavery” 🦫.

As for the interior, it looks amazing in KO and I’m really enjoying iDrive 8. Is it perfect, absolutely not. But I love tech and it works very well, with occasional hiccups related to CarPlay more than anything.

Not to steer you away from Audi, as I think my wife’s Q7 is a lemon, but the tech has been horrendous. Not recognizing the users, CarPlay randomly disconnecting, screen freezes on a song description and doesn’t change when new songs come on, garage door opener working when it feels like it and random loss of all the station presets. My wife abhors the car. This a 2022. My RS5 had no tech problems at all. So there’s that.
Sounds like a lemon. We have had a 2019 and now a 2022 Q7 that hasn't given us a single problem (mechanically or tech) in 25k miles.
      02-19-2024, 10:20 PM   #51
chrisk03
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Not to steer you away from Audi, as I think my wife’s Q7 is a lemon, but the tech has been horrendous. Not recognizing the users, CarPlay randomly disconnecting, screen freezes on a song description and doesn’t change when new songs come on, garage door opener working when it feels like it and random loss of all the station presets. My wife abhors the car. This a 2022. My RS5 had no tech problems at all. So there’s thmost.
Yeah, thought the front might grow on me, but just hasn't. I saw one white M3 posted on the forums here with copper rims and was the closest I got to saying, "I want that...". Ha.

My neighbor has iDrive 8 in his BMW and the best I can say is that the screen is very sharp, but again, I just don't like the design and think cars shouldn't be treated like cell phones and be all touch. Opinions vary, as they say.

Have a VAG and BMW product now and fortunately both have been pretty trouble free...fingers crossed, but thanks for the heads up. 👍 I really should just bite the bullet and get a P-Car, which is what I really want, but would feel the wrath of having another "garage queen". 😂
      02-21-2024, 04:59 PM   #52
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
My neighbor has iDrive 8 in his BMW and the best I can say is that the screen is very sharp, but again, I just don't like the design and think cars shouldn't be treated like cell phones and be all touch. Opinions vary, as they say.
I'm not a fan of touch control either and fortunately I only have to use it very rarely with my iDrive 8. Almost everything works with the iDrive knob. With most other brands today, touch control is almost the only option, so we should actually rather appreciate that iDrive 8 still works without it if you don't want to.
Appreciate 2
Bur4k52.00
SaMaster144439.00
      02-24-2024, 07:50 AM   #53
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Getting very excited!!
Attached Images

SaMaster144439.00
bri10425940.00
      02-24-2024, 11:05 AM   #54
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Getting very excited!!
Nice!!
I always found it fun to participate in the build week/cargo ship threads! Meet your car neighbors! Haha
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
Burrcold5322.50