BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-02-2024, 04:18 PM   #23
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by odontoblast View Post
Doubt he used baby shampoo. Entire car reeked of some artificial cherry scent and the new car smell that I love was entirely gone when he was done.
Man, that sucks. What made you decide to go with the tint shop you went with? When I pick shops to do these types of things, it’s straight to Yelp. Who’s the best in the area. Ok that’s where I’m going. The place I take mine, has moved 4 times in the past 7 years. The place they’re in, now, has enough room for 16 cars and they have a 5-7 day wait to get an appointment. They have 3 stores in the area, and they’re booked solid. They’ve done 5 of my cars.

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 04:23 PM   #24
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
He said give it a week, if no change, then he’ll pay for the dash to be replaced in addition to another door panel he damaged.

Thing is I REALLY don’t want someone else tearing into my brand new $106k car a week into ownership. So dash replacement is a hard no from me.

What’s that leave us with? Cash settlement or a new car? Should I lawyer up?

I would wait the week and see how it looks.

If it doesnt go back to normal. I would probably go see a body shop to see how much it would cost to have them change it all out. That or a dealership. But I personally would probably just go see a BMW body shop. Get an idea of the cost needed to make it perfect.

Then go to the tint shop and tell them you want a check for that amount. If they want to use insurance, I would call your car insurance at that time and let them handle it with his shop insurance.

Totoally sucks man. I feel for you. Ive had this happen to me once with a brand new subaru STI way back in my day. It had alcantera all over the interior and the tint shop I used SOAKED IT ALL! It all got nappy and crusty. I was never the same even after it was cleaned.

Now when I get tint. I make sure I use the same guy. Or I let them know that I dont want to see SOAKED interior and water stains all over.

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 05-02-2024 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13640.00
      05-02-2024, 04:25 PM   #25
kolosy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: over potholes

Quote:
He said give it a week, if no change, then he’ll pay for the dash to be replaced in addition to another door panel he damaged.

Thing is I REALLY don’t want someone else tearing into my brand new $106k car a week into ownership. So dash replacement is a hard no from me.

What’s that leave us with? Cash settlement or a new car? Should I lawyer up?
I think the best you're gonna do is the cash equivalent of a dash replacement. It's hard to argue that he owes you a new car.

I think I have an M3 problem.
Appreciate 0