E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > dme problem

12-03-2021, 09:35 AM   #1
Albertn55
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i bmw

dme problem

I just did my spark plugs, swapped coils, replaced my injectors with index 10s, did low pressure fuel pump too, just added my upgraded ETS intercooler and then went from mhd stage one to stage 1+ did a couple pulls felt good then I drove home on the freeway driving normal for about 5 mins then down shifted and gassed it a little then it just started driving rough badly and not accurating fast so I pulled over and stopped driving and then got these codes
30bb - injectors 4,5,6 or DME internal fault
missfires cylinder 4,5,6

[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 10:28 AM   #2
lookalikehuuh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 335i

Index 10 injectors? I assume they are old used ones or something?

It's very likely that the injectors are the cause of the issue.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 11:07 AM   #3
Albertn55
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookalikehuuh View Post

Quote:

yes there used but low miles on them when I bought them. got them fr this guy I've been talking to for awhile. he tested them and made sure they were good before he gave them to me.
so this problem could only be injectors or bad mosfets right? so I don't have to worry about anything else
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 11:12 AM   #4
lookalikehuuh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertn54 View Post
yes there used but low miles on them when I bought them. got them fr this guy I've been talking to for awhile. he tested them and made sure they were good before he gave them to me.
so this problem could only be injectors or bad mosfets right? so I don't have to worry about anything else
Did you install new teflon seals and new decoupling elements with the injectors? The teflon seals require a special tool kit to install them and compress them before installation.

I had a similar issue to you under high boost, which turned out to be an issue with the teflon seal having failed and was losing compression thru the teflon seal.

Also new injectors require coding to tell the engine computer what the values are for each of the injectors, did you enter the values into the DME?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 11:13 AM   #5
Sgop335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e92, 08 535i

Quote:
30bb is your main issue here, which "could" be bad mosfets or some other internal dme error that will not be fixed by "upgrading" mosfets.

The first logical step is generally to test the dme mosfets.
If the mosfets show short then great, upgrade them.

Another rare possibility is just the injectors. There could be cases (as indicated by bmw tsb) that a faulty injector(s) can cause 30bb. So there is a chance. So if one has the luxury of replacing bank 2 w known working injectors that could be done.

in my experience it is mostly the dme if you get 30bb

cant see in the shitty pic but is it I8Aos or Ijeos?

So there...
      12-03-2021, 12:55 PM   #6
Albertn55
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Did you install new teflon seals and new decoupling elements with the injectors? The teflon seals require a special tool kit to install them and compress them before installation.

I had a similar issue to you under high boost, which turned out to be an issue with the teflon seal having failed and was losing compression thru the teflon seal.

Also new injectors require coding to tell the engine computer what the values are for each of the injectors, did you enter the values into the DME?
the seals are good, I got everything put in properly. i have a buy with a new dme with all new mosfets. I'm gonna start there and hopefully that's it
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 02:19 PM   #7
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
I just did my spark plugs, swapped coils, replaced my injectors with index 10s, did low pressure fuel pump too, just added my upgraded ETS intercooler and then went from mhd stage one to stage 1+ did a couple pulls felt good then I drove home on the freeway driving normal for about 5 mins then down shifted and gassed it a little then it just started driving rough badly and not accurating fast so I pulled over and stopped driving and then got these codes
30bb - injectors 4,5,6 or DME internal fault
missfires cylinder 4,5,6

[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Before you buy a new DME,

You could swap the injectors round from one bank to the other to see if the misfires follow, if it does than injectors at fault. At least you'd be able to rule them out this way
Appreciate 1