BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-30-2020, 04:43 PM   #23
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SP0RT View Post
Great to hear that! I'm also waiting to see IOMG in person but it's going to be hard for me to buy a green car! Maybe I'll change my mind.

I'm glad you like the orange interior as I'm always a fan of loud interior colors (I won't buy one with a black interior even if they offered me $3k off!)
for sure IOMG is a brave decision as this colour (at least in switzerland) really pops out...here the cars are like 90% white, black and grey.

but believe me, the IOMG in person is absoloutely beautiful ! the picture don't even come close to the real effect you get when seeing the car. We also made her switch off the light to see it without artificial light...was even more beautiful

I get your point with the interior. I was always for classic colors like black...but seeing the orange it really fits, especially with the exterior green. As soon as I get the car I will get her a special treatment, exterior and interior to really keep the colors as long as possible like that.

so happy that I had the opportunity to see one in real...this car is amazing ! and the grill also
Appreciate 1
M3AWD3178.00
      12-01-2020, 03:04 AM   #24
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
So I had the luck to see the car in flesh today (closed presentation, was basically only for me and my cousin lol) and it was in IOMG and Orange interior.
I was also lucky to see some other cars in Frozen Dark Grey so I was able to compare the colors...

So I changed to IOMG for my order... You guys can't imagine how stunning this color looks in flesh...insane ! Frozen Dark Grey looks quiet boring compared to it even though it is an awesome color!

And the Orange Interior is for sure ! looks insane !!

p.s. I wasn't allowed to make pics as they are the only one having one to present in Switzerland but I can assure all of you...in person this car is absolutely insane, the F80 looks dated af compared to this one.
So happy to get one !!
Will post pics as soon as I have mine !

Cheers guys
Great! I'm waiting for my invitation from my dealer to see the car live.
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      12-02-2020, 06:03 AM   #25
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Hope you can see it soon too !

p.s. i threw in the carbon bucket seats now... They are really comfortable and look stunning. They got me a little % off from the seats extra so it was then a no brainer for me after sitting in them.

Only thing is going in and out of the car is annoying as you have to watch out a little and is uncomfortable. But once inside the seat...Awesome !
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 07:54 PM   #26
Flamingi
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M550d F11, 225xe U06

Garage List
  [0.00]
if you have not locked the order in, here is a video showing (I think) exactly the combination from your OP: frozen dark grey with grey wheels.
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      12-20-2020, 03:51 AM   #27
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey there

I go now the 30.11
In Dielsdorf they will show the Car, it is on invitational basis.
Ask your BMW Dealer maybe he can give you a slot too I got mine because I orderer one in Bülach at H.P. Schmid, maybe you know the dealer There are different dates (will be in the building behind the actual Dealer Shop in Dielsdorf)

will be there I think 2 weeks.
What kind of heaven on earth it is the BMW Experience Center in Dielsdorf by the way? I was shocked.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 03:29 PM   #28
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
What kind of heaven on earth it is the BMW Experience Center in Dielsdorf by the way? I was shocked.
haha, awesome isn't it ? i also thought "oh my god where am I???"
All this cars...all M3 generations were there also lots of M8 and M5 and whatever BMW...they DO KNOW how to sell for sure

You went looking for the M4 right? How was your impression ?
Appreciate 1
VIERsr2620.50
      12-21-2020, 12:06 AM   #29
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
haha, awesome isn't it ? i also thought "oh my god where am I???"
All this cars...all M3 generations were there also lots of M8 and M5 and whatever BMW...they DO KNOW how to sell for sure

You went looking for the M4 right? How was your impression ?
I saw the M4 in the "hidden room" in front of the M8s, it was a fancy experience
It was in frozen Portimao blue, I really liked it live! I'm seriously thinking to it as the successor of my M2 next year.
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      12-28-2020, 12:00 PM   #30
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
I saw the M4 in the "hidden room" in front of the M8s, it was a fancy experience
It was in frozen Portimao blue, I really liked it live! I'm seriously thinking to it as the successor of my M2 next year.
I bet !

So in what configuration would you think of ? And you would go for the M4 ?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 01:21 PM   #31
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I bet !

So in what configuration would you think of ? And you would go for the M4 ?
Yes, M4 Comp for me! Still in doubt about the configuration and need to drive it before place any order.
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      01-04-2021, 06:51 PM   #32
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet_F82 View Post
I also got to see the IOMG G80 in Dielsdorf. Definitely changed some of my views on the car.

The G80 has a much different "presence" than the F8x cars. The F8x are a little more subdued and understated. G80 makes no excuses for what it is. An ///M car inside and out, and it WILL tell you about it.

I was quite shocked actually, as I've been in the bashing camp for a while now. I had a lengthy talk with my dealer afterwards, however I could only get up to 18% discount on a G80, compared to the 30% I got on my F82.

Time will tell, I'd love to do a G80 Individual Order in Velvet Blue Metallic with Tartufo Full Leather.

See...as I said, I think most people will change their mind when seeing the car in the flesh
Glad to hear your opinion !

Velvet Blue? Interesting choice...I bet it would look awesome!!

I got the discount up to 21%, more was just not possible.. How in the world did you manage to get 30% on the M4?
and other question:
Heritage in 6 MT???
In Dielsdorf they told me it is only available in DCT...it was a hell of a discount on it as it was shortly before the launch of the new G Series and I really was considering buying that one...but changed my mind because I want a MT.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 08:51 AM   #33
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Ok on every Swiss M Enthusiast here:

The M4 can be test driven in Dielsdorf !! Ask your BMW Dealer they will make an appointment for you, I will drive the M4 Comp on Saturday !
They do forbid to make videos or pics from driving....Understandable in some way as they seem to be the only one in Europe offering already a test drive.

Oh my gosh i'm super excited and will tell you how it was !
Seperate Thread maybe ?
Anything specific to watch when driving it ? Sorry i'm no car reviewer so I have no Idea what you guy want to hear...
Appreciate 2
VIERsr2620.50
Dzo76.00
      01-06-2021, 09:56 AM   #34
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Great news! But maybe not the best moment now with the snow...
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      01-06-2021, 10:05 AM   #35
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIERsr View Post
Great news! But maybe not the best moment now with the snow...
depends, imo is a great moment
Appreciate 1
VIERsr2620.50
      01-06-2021, 10:09 AM   #36
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
depends, imo is a great moment
LOL! Maybe you're right!
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      01-06-2021, 11:23 AM   #37
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Ok on every Swiss M Enthusiast here:

The M4 can be test driven in Dielsdorf !! Ask your BMW Dealer they will make an appointment for you, I will drive the M4 Comp on Saturday !
They do forbid to make videos or pics from driving....Understandable in some way as they seem to be the only one in Europe offering already a test drive.

Oh my gosh i'm super excited and will tell you how it was !
Seperate Thread maybe ?
Anything specific to watch when driving it ? Sorry i'm no car reviewer so I have no Idea what you guy want to hear...
That's interesting. Definitely come back and post your impressions. It'll be even better if you can test drive back to back against an F80/F82 and see what feels different. Do you know if the test drive is on a closed circuit or on public roads? If on public roads you can get a friend to secretly film you from another car

Here are some things I would look for during the test drive:

1. flooring it from a stand still to check for delay/lag to properly launch. But considering this is RWD and temperatures may be low it may not be a smart idea and they may not even allow that

2. find some nice twisty road and see how to feels and whether the weight increase is noticeable. Toss it left and right.

3. check the speed of shifts and also if upshifts are nice & fast close to redline

4. any input on exhaust note and how it changes in different modes and let us know how pops & bangs sound on upshifts & downshifts

5. if it has carbon buckets how comfortable are those to get in & out, and during the drive.

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 01:41 PM   #38
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SP0RT View Post
That's interesting. Definitely come back and post your impressions. It'll be even better if you can test drive back to back against an F80/F82 and see what feels different. Do you know if the test drive is on a closed circuit or on public roads? If on public roads you can get a friend to secretly film you from another car

Here are some things I would look for during the test drive:

1. flooring it from a stand still to check for delay/lag to properly launch. But considering this is RWD and temperatures may be low it may not be a smart idea and they may not even allow that

2. find some nice twisty road and see how to feels and whether the weight increase is noticeable. Toss it left and right.

3. check the speed of shifts and also if upshifts are nice & fast close to redline

4. any input on exhaust note and how it changes in different modes and let us know how pops & bangs sound on upshifts & downshifts

5. if it has carbon buckets how comfortable are those to get in & out, and during the drive.
I have no idea if it will be on public road or closed road But if on public road i try to ask my brother if he can make a sneak video or something, as long as I don't have to sign a paper with which they could sue me

I took notes from your points, thank you ! I try to get all impressions as much as possible as I don't know if it will be on a public road. If so be damn sure I will hunt this car through good pieces of road I know there

Especially the CB Seats are interesting for me as they are in my Order but i'm a little chubby and this COULD be an issue (or a motivation to lose weight haha).

Will write down my impression on Saturday, really looking forward to it ! altough it will be the comp and not MT (I ordered the MT) but main purpose for me is to get e feeling of the steering and weight.

*edit*
it has the CB seats for sure and it is the Portimao Blue M4 which you have recently seen in the picture thread. I knew the place was familiar when I saw the pics...

Last edited by Scorp!on; 01-06-2021 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: more info
Appreciate 1
M3AWD3178.00
      01-06-2021, 02:13 PM   #39
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
This one
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1784516
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      01-09-2021, 05:27 PM   #40
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
*edit*
screw it...I go with the full leather option...once in a lifetime car, I want it to have it perfect fit for me !
Very good decision, trust me. The full leather was one of the best options I got on my F80, it's night and day compared to cars without it. My only problem is that I could never settle for a car without leather dash (and the upper part of the door) again.
Appreciate 0