Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-04-2024, 01:36 PM   #23
hellcat2m4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JY01 View Post
My G82 does that as well. I don’t notice any rough idle while the car is warming up, but once it’s up to operating temp, I get rough idle. The exhaust makes a quiet popping noise and RPM’s occasionally drop slightly and the car shakes a little, almost like it’s misfiring.

I’m at 2.3k miles and I noticed this all the time during the first 2k miles, but on my recent trips I’ve been noticing it less often (or maybe I’m getting used to it). No changes in drivability though, the car pulls very smooth and overall I’m not that concerned about it.

Please let us know what your dealership says

Mine does this as well. I have regapped plugs to .022 since im tuned also, and didn't change.

I guess its normal, but the little misfire sounds alarmed me at first as my X3M never did it.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 06:55 AM   #24
beamlord
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 m3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdr955 View Post
What happened? Did the injector fix the rough idle?
The replacement of leaky injector also fixed the idle issues such as occasional shudder. The "needle" still does move ever so slightly from time to time but it is seemingly better than before.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 05:16 PM   #25
WarpFactor11
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JY01 View Post
My G82 does that as well. I don’t notice any rough idle while the car is warming up, but once it’s up to operating temp, I get rough idle. The exhaust makes a quiet popping noise and RPM’s occasionally drop slightly and the car shakes a little, almost like it’s misfiring.

I’m at 2.3k miles and I noticed this all the time during the first 2k miles, but on my recent trips I’ve been noticing it less often (or maybe I’m getting used to it). No changes in drivability though, the car pulls very smooth and overall I’m not that concerned about it.

Please let us know what your dealership says
My G82 does the exact same thing. Have 10k miles on it and it seems to be getting more frequent... Or maybe it seems that way as I started noticing it about 3 weeks ago. I put in a bottle of the BMW Twin Turbo Power fuel additive but did not help. I still get the random idle dropout, small exhaust pop, and a slight shaking all at once.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 06:52 PM   #26
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

its normal for the S58.
Appreciate 2
Berzerker3009.50