BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

02-05-2022, 02:57 AM   #45
Alexp19
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 M4 Competition XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexp19 View Post
If you guys don't want tickets and live in the states a buddy of mine sells FOP, FLEOA, PBA, Gold Cards, etc. that can get you out of speeding tickets, reckless driving, parking at meters and much more. Trust me when I say you'll never get a speeding ticket again. I personally have the FLEOA. The Gold cards are the best even if you get a ticket which never happens the officer will go out of his way to get it dropped for you. If you live in the east you have more options as well.
First of all never say never. Also what you are saying here is that the officer writes the ticket and then will go out of his way to get it dropped. Why write the ticket in the first place?
Quote:
Quote:
If you guys don't want tickets and live in the states a buddy of mine sells FOP, FLEOA, PBA, Gold Cards, etc. that can get you out of speeding tickets, reckless driving, parking at meters and much more. Trust me when I say you'll never get a speeding ticket again. I personally have the FLEOA. The Gold cards are the best even if you get a ticket which never happens the officer will go out of his way to get it dropped for you. If you live in the east you have more options as well.
First of all never say never. Also what you are saying here is that the officer writes the ticket and then will go out of his way to get it dropped. Why write the ticket in the first place?
Because there is always that a-hole cop that acts like he cares about safety when tickets are all really another form of tax revenue for the gov. Thats where the gold cards come in handy.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 04:50 AM   #46
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt2440 View Post
I can't believe law enforcement tickets front licenses. It has zero public safety benefits.
Front license plates aren't about public safety. They never were. Vehicle identification from the front of the vehicle and revenue (..tolls, red light cameras, etc.) are the sole purpose of front plates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfit View Post
None. But if you do never plead guilty. It's not the fine it's the points on license that matter for insurance. Plead not guilty, ask for supporting deposition and scheduled court date. Delay it as long and as many times as possible. If you can delay it at least 3 years, I've done it, even if the ticket doesn't get dismissed the points will never show on license as it's 3 years from violation not from conviction.
This will absolutely not work in California.

Quote:
We don't really have to go out of our way for a citation to fall in the favor of the cited motorist. All we need to do is fail to show up for court and the default judgment goes in favor of the defendant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Always, always, always, always, always get a traffic ticket lawyer. I downloaded "off the record" from the App Store, paid $99, lawyer went to court for me, plead not guilty, the judge allowed the lawyer tick a date he would be back in court for other tickets, the lawyer knew who my cop was, and his days off, he scheduled court for a day my cop would be off, and the cop didn't show up. Removed, FTA. $680 91 in a 65, straddling a lane. First time I had been pulled over in 27 years.
I show up to ALL of my court dates for reasons like this. If a motorist makes me go out of my way to write paper (..e.g. a citation), I'm showing up to court, even if it's my regular day off. Just showing up to court for that 20-30 minute court session (..and 4 minutes of testimony) nets me 3 hours of overtime. It's the easiest money ever made.

Quote:
Because there is always that a-hole cop that acts like he cares about safety when tickets are all really another form of tax revenue for the gov. Thats where the gold cards come in handy.
They are that............but they also serve the purpose of being corrective action (..in theory). Receive enough citations, pay enough fines, lose your car for 1-30 days, etc., and you'll eventually stop messing around......or not.

For me, attitude means more to me than any PBA card, gold card, blue line flag, name drop attempt, etc. I don't care what you flash at me or who you know. If you catch my attention by acting stupid behind the wheel, I'm taking you to the bank....or to the cage.......or both.
Appreciate 2
mzcp2685.50
jwt2440180.00
      02-05-2022, 05:27 AM   #47
BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Front license plates aren't about public safety. They never were. Vehicle identification from the front of the vehicle and revenue (..tolls, red light cameras, etc.) are the sole purpose of front plates.
Front & rear license plates have been in use for over 100 years. Long before tolls, red light cameras, etc. Original intent was to identity ownership when people made their own plates with their name or initials on them. States later took over issuing plates.

Since 1959 3 speeding tickets, 2 illegal turns, 1 expired inspection, & a number of warnings. First one was total Bull Shit 26MPH in a 25MPH Zone by a Hudson County NJ park police cop. Think the cop did not like seeing a young kid driving a pretty new convertible. Judge did WTF & fined me court costs $10.

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 02-05-2022 at 05:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 05:29 AM   #48
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Quote:
Front & rear license plates have been in use for over 100 years. Long before tolls, red light cameras, etc. Original intent was to identity ownership when people made their own plates with their name or initials on them. States later took over issuing plates.
I'm referring to modern use (…in the context of what I was replying to), but yes, that's the genesis of the front plate.
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2022, 12:32 PM   #49
BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
Quote:
I'm referring to modern use (…in the context of what I was replying to), but yes, that's the genesis of the front plate.
Yeah thats why I am happy to live in NC rather than NJ. No freek'N front plate here.

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25085.00
      02-05-2022, 12:34 PM   #50
beachBmmr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
I use a radar detector and nearly all police in the NYC area us Ka Band based radar guns. Usually have a few seconds warning to slow down. If you are NOT using a radar detector in an area they are legal (everywhere except VA), you are not minimizing the risk of tickets.

I haven't been pulled over in the G80 yet but NYPD cops don't seem to mind the lack of a front plate. I get a ton of thumbs up on Long Island and in Brooklyn.
If you end up in cooper street call Jeanne Beckmann, friend of my sister. Turned a 90 in a 35 (state trooper on ocean pkwy) into a failure to signal. You pay the big fine tho…pay to play