home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-17-2022, 08:38 AM   #1
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Post Te$la ships new car to woman -- WITHOUT BRAKEPADS

"No Trust In Tesla Brand" - New Model 3 Delivered To Customer Without Brake Pad | ZeroHedge
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/no...hout-brake-pad

"Gillmore put a few dozen miles on the Model 3 last month before contacting Tesla about "a grinding noise" coming from the driver-side rear wheel while driving. The Tesla Dealership on Florida Avenue in Tampa had no service appointments for inspection. They even told her the "noise was normal."

Quote:
"I absolutely do not trust the Tesla brand in any way. Not only did they deliver a car to me that was unsafe to drive, but they also blew me off about the noise the car was making, and now they're dragging their feet on making things right. If they can build and ship new Model 3Ps then why can't they repair the ones that they've already sold to people? I had no clue that Tesla treated their customers this way prior to this experience," she said.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 08:55 AM   #2
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Well, it’s not Software, so…
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 09:09 AM   #3
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

What I found more interesting in the owner's twitter thread was about the upper control arms snapping:

Googling around, I see multiple threads and at least 1 class action lawsuit, for example this 25 page thread on tesla forums:

Another front suspension control arm failure
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thre...ailure.114967/
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 09:25 AM   #4
kyriian
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
"but but but Lord Elon will fix it all for us and he is a GOD for blessing all of us with the vehicle to remove all the evil co2 emitting gas cars out there though!!!
So what if a control arm breaks, or my car doesn't have brake pads. It is for the greater good in eliminating control arms and brake pads" Says every Elon acolyte

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 10:14 AM   #5
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

I honor Elon for what he has accomplished but not for his personal qualities nor the reliability of his cars. I just hope that the rocketships are more reliable.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 10:28 AM   #6
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
"but but but Lord Elon will fix it all for us and he is a GOD for blessing all of us with the vehicle to remove all the evil co2 emitting gas cars out there though!!!
So what if a control arm breaks, or my car doesn't have brake pads. It is for the greater good in eliminating control arms and brake pads" Says every Elon acolyte
Stocks up 18 bucks today. Keep it up Elon!!! I could care less if he sells cars with no tires Or batteries. I have Zero interest in the cars. The stock on the other hand, keep that train a rolling!!! It's great having a stock that could lose half its value overnight and you still are up a bunch of money. Not hoping for that of course🤑🤣😉
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 11:03 AM   #7
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

No surprise at all. Go to Tesla forums. Even the fans fully recognize that Tesla performs no QA on their vehicles. Not even a PDI on delivery. Unfortunately this is part of the ownership experience but no brakes is a bad one. Had that woman got into a fatal accident it would have been really bad for Elon.
Appreciate 4
AlexFL7833.00
Seedster2238.00
jacbo78.50
      01-17-2022, 11:24 AM   #8
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

About brake pads. I had purchased a brand new Mercedes C-class some years ago. From new when I had me rear window down I heard a squealing noise and right away new it was a rear drivers side brake issue.
Took the car to my dealer at 7:30am and described the noise and and what I thought the issues was. Picked up my car at 5:00pm and was told the tech could not find anything wrong.
The next day I pull the drivers side rear wheel and see the inner pad is not seated and at an angle. That pad could easily have been ejected from the caliper.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 11:43 AM   #9
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, R56 Camden, G37x

'Murica. Let's sell cars on the net! I had calls to join the Musk Matrix way back in '07 and said not for that fraction of pay! I have watched the lastest goings on, building cars in the parking lot for example, (it wasn't that actually) but reports are right that his QC is not that great. His work environment is toxic, very.

My nephew is on the spacex side of the matrix and lord Elon is a roasted nut bag of dicks. I predict he will be in an asylum in 10-12 years at the rate he is going. I dealt with a crazy person running their dead husbands business into the ground AND they make brake pads FFS! I got out as quick as I could!

Yeah, like ima gonna do this:
https://www.businessinsider.com/elon...g-2022-2021-12
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 12:30 PM   #10
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
Stocks up 18 bucks today. Keep it up Elon!!! I could care less if he sells cars with no tires Or batteries. I have Zero interest in the cars. The stock on the other hand, keep that train a rolling!!! It's great having a stock that could lose half its value overnight and you still are up a bunch of money. Not hoping for that of course🤑🤣😉
You and me both man
I could care less if Tesla doors fell off or the sold cars missing a steering wheel
They have made me a LOT of monies
I'd never own one since I don't like toasters
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 12:39 PM   #11
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

The part that gets me is their (tesla's) supposed treatment of customers, whether new or used.

If the fault lies with the manufacturer why are they/the dealer so hesitant to not only make it right, but also ensure the customer get something for their aggravation and time wasted?? Is this how to create brand loyalty and corporate goodwill??

I dont want to talk down on pocket protecting fanbois, but maybe the avg customer of this company should demand more and not just settle for scraps just becuz you got the latest gadget advertised ad nasuem on wired magazine or cnet or something
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 12:42 PM   #12
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
You and me both man
I could care less if Tesla doors fell off or the sold cars missing a steering wheel
They have made me a LOT of monies
I'd never own one since I don't like toasters
LOL, In love toasters, how else are you going to enjoy an English muffin ? !!
      01-17-2022, 01:05 PM   #13
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Actually the stock was down $1.61 since close on Friday ?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 01:11 PM   #14
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikado463 View Post
LOL, In love toasters, how else are you going to enjoy an English muffin ? !!
I dated a nice girl from Leeds a couple of years back
Trust me when I say there are many ways to enjoy an English muffin
But I'd get banned if I described in detail
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 01:16 PM   #15
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravaggio View Post
Quote:
Actually the stock was down $1.61 since close on Friday ?
Shit. I checked this morning. That was from last week. Whatever😳. Still killing it. Market closed today I guess🤟🏻
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 02:19 PM   #16
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Meh. Sh!t happens. Not like BMW isn’t without its fails as pretty much every other car mfg.

I’m not a Tesla fanboy by any means either… says someone who owns two lol.

I think the bigger issue is how Tesla is handling these complaints but I’ve had my fair share of BMW service stories.

YMMV
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 04:40 PM   #17
HDMI
Private
Rep
Drives: Bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Meh. Sh!t happens. Not like BMW isn’t without its fails as pretty much every other car mfg.

I’m not a Tesla fanboy by any means either… says someone who owns two lol.

And this is why Tesla doesn't care about QC.
For every one person who rejects a car at delivery, or who complains about Yugo-level fit and finish, there are probably at least 2 persons behind him/her in line who will gladly step up and take that same car. Until there's enough push back, Tesla will keep churning out vehicles without regards for the customers, especially after the sale.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 05:07 PM   #18
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMI View Post
And this is why Tesla doesn't care about QC.
For every one person who rejects a car at delivery, or who complains about Yugo-level fit and finish, there are probably at least 2 persons behind him/her in line who will gladly step up and take that same car. Until there's enough push back, Tesla will keep churning out vehicles without regards for the customers, especially after the sale.
Pretty bold claim. Of course Tesla cares about QC, maybe not at the level we expect but QC is ran by people and ultimately it’s up to the person to do a thorough job. Yes they are under pressure to pump cars out but also look at their backlog. Each car company isn’t without their faults is all I’m saying. Tesla just happens to be under a magnifying glass, deservedly so, as they have many years to “prove” to the consumers whereas other car companies have had to make their mark over many years.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 05:28 PM   #19
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Pretty bold claim. Of course Tesla cares about QC, maybe not at the level we expect but QC is ran by people and ultimately it’s up to the person to do a thorough job. Yes they are under pressure to pump cars out but also look at their backlog. Each car company isn’t without their faults is all I’m saying. Tesla just happens to be under a magnifying glass, deservedly so, as they have many years to “prove” to the consumers whereas other car companies have had to make their mark over many years.
Tesla is bad. Like very bad.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 05:37 PM   #20
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Can you even drive the car at all with no brake pads???
      01-17-2022, 05:58 PM   #21
shadowfax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

I thought I read somewhere about J.D. Power basically selling their ratings to manufacturers. Honda seems way too low on that list. Especially since I was under the impression that Honda/Acura are the same company yet their scores are 145/108.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 07:05 PM   #22
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Tesla is bad. Like very bad.
Lol maybe I flunked Excel graph class but putting Tesla all the way at the bottom even though the score is higher than Jag, Land Rover, and Alfa…
Again, think about what the top auto mfg’s had to deal with over the years… Tesla has been around for way less (mass volume wise) than them.

I’ve been in auto manufacturing for many years… even though it sounds like I’m defending Tesla to a large degree, I am wary of their long term business practices such as spare parts long term, lack of PR department and a sense of a walled off customer service process. It’s not perfect but they are quite the disruptive force to a large industry.
Appreciate 0