BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

01-21-2022, 01:00 PM   #67
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
My good friend has a heavily modified hellcat charger. But he doesn't daily it anymore nor does he even drive it on the street. He turned it into a full blown road course car. Gutted the interior, roll cage, gigantic shovel style front splitter. So he's good there. But the charger i was looking at was pretty much a 2nd choice option of what i would want to get (if i wasn't ordering new).

It was a 2020 widebody, granite, black wheels, red calipers, red/black interior and a sunroof. No other options. It only had 8k miles for around 74k. It was perfect.

But i kept thinking about how paranoid i would be. Even it parked in my driveway. I couldn't live like that so i had to pass. It was such an incredible car.

I hate thieves.
I need to see a legit prepped Hellcat on fast road course. A 4500 lbs beast! I've seen a pretty much stock Hellcat at a Time Attack and it was pretty entertaining to hear and watch it rip up the track, but it just didn't get good lap times. A tight track with not a lot of speed and the 86's were faster.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 08:43 AM   #68
Former-Mopar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MBW M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
Having owned the hellcat. He nailed it. With that said, I am ready for something a little more refine and I love that crackle pop. The interior is not even close. A huge reason why I got rid of the hellcat for the M3.

Hopefully it's true these M3s can hit 800-900 rwhp on stock motor. It should be faster than a FBO e85 hellcat. Which is my benchmark

Oh yea where all the people that kept on saying the M3 is faster than the hellcat in stock form…???
Having just come from a challenger I can agree with the statements above. I also wanted something for refined. The Hellcat is a beast!!! It's a raw piece of machinery.

Only thing I really miss is that v8 sound.

I believe Dodge is coming out with a Redeye tuned E85 from the factory @ 900hp. I wish I had room for another car. That will be epic.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 01:00 PM   #69
MaxechosM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition Xdrive

I've used to own 392 Daytona and a Charger Hellcat. They are great when it comes to power, family size and comfort. However from a performance point, it's only a straight line performer from a rolling race. From a dig they can't put down the power unless your rolling on some R888 or something. When it comes to power upgrades, a pulley, tune and tires is all you need.
The downside is mainly the community, ever since the take down events started the community has gone down to being absolute trash. Also it's a fact that they get stolen more than a 90s civic and it's also a cop magnet. I ended up trading mine for a Model 3 Performance, with a M3 on the way.

Bottomline figure out what you want. A straight line performance or a car that can do it all like a M3/4.
Appreciate 1
YamaLink425.00
      10-13-2022, 07:47 PM   #70
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
I agree.

The only reason why i ended up with an M3C instead of a hellcat was because hellcats by me are notorious of getting stolen. And since i live relatively close to newark (google it lol), i couldn't deal with the paranoia of owning one. Otherwise i would have already had a widebody hellcat charger in my driveway.

But the M3 is still incredible. I wish autotopnl had better comparisons. At least use a comp vs the hellcat. ZF8 vs ZF8 equipped cars.
Ha ha, I don’t think anyone who is out to steal a charger is going to look at you and go… mmm, nope.

If they do, you have some damn picky thieves. Most refined taste thieves in the world I’d say.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 06:39 PM   #71
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
Ha ha, I don’t think anyone who is out to steal a charger is going to look at you and go… mmm, nope.

If they do, you have some damn picky thieves. Most refined taste thieves in the world I’d say.

That's what i'm saying. People around me steal these chargers and challengers, trackhawks and SRT's like there's no tomorrow.

Doesn't matter if it's a bodybuilder, a UFC fighter, a group of friends hanging out on a saturday night. You get caught at the wrong place at the wrong time, and they WILL steal your hellcat, SRT, whatever you have that's that type of car. You can do everything you can to protect it. The moment you slip up, going to a mcdonalds or something, DD's, starbucks whatever, poof david copperfield. That car is GONE!
Appreciate 0