BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

02-02-2022, 03:46 PM   #89
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
I've driven the 991.2 Carrera T and wouldn't trade my car for a T. Some aspects were fantastic, others not.

The bucket seats were great, the steering had very good linearity across the straight ahead with no load, usually a hallmark of good steering systems. The suspension calibration was very good. The manual gearbox was acceptable. The short path from engine to wheels means less overall play in the system and a more connected feel from your right foot to the action.

But you had to really trash it around to go quickly, and it had way too much grip for the street. At $120k used, I thought "no way". It wasn't a performance step up from my car. Just a step up in feel and intangibles, but for double the price.

I would consider the 911 S a step up in performance and would like to experience it. But not at those prices…
I loved the T from a driving standpoint. Also, if you look at some of the tests, with PDK, it was quite fast on track too so Porsche was able to get a bit more out of it without much in terms of changes. At VIR it ran a 2:53.4. Had it been shod with Cup tires like the M4 GTS it would have been faster than that which again, definitely good company. Certainly packing much more than the relatively modest HP rating would lead one to believe.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...storical-data/

The Carrera S is definitely a step up, especially since you open up more of the performance oriented options you can't get on a base car but the prices have gotten so far out there. the 992 GTS cars are approaching 200K before any market adjustment. That's just pushing the envelope too much no matter how great the car is...
200k pre-ADM? That's high! I built one that was right around the cost of my Carrera S……$145-150k.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 03:57 PM   #90
HeelToeShift
Captain
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
200k pre-ADM? That's high! I built one that was right around the cost of my Carrera S……$145-150k.
Oh yea. My local dealer had a Carrera S that was 172K and went for 20K over. They have GTS models coming in 180-195K and asking 40-50K over.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 03:59 PM   #91
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Quote:
Oh yea. My local dealer had a Carrera S that was 172K and went for 20K over. They have GTS models coming in 180-195K and asking 40-50K over.
They must've ticked nearly every option Porsche offers to get it that high. Builds done by buyers are around $150-160k.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 04:00 PM   #92
HeelToeShift
Captain
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
They must've ticked nearly every option Porsche offers to get it that high.
These are loaded for sure.
Appreciate 0