BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-28-2022, 06:55 PM   #265
playswcars
///M-Thusiast
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 X5 M50i

Garage List
"Standard" Seats every time for me.

One word:

Ventilation.

Some of us sweat, you know.

Past: G80 M3x, G80 M3, G05 X5, F82 M4, F87 M2C, F20 M140i
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 11:09 AM   #266
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thormic View Post
Mind blowing that so few people mention that you can get ventilated seats when you're choosing standard ones. That was a dealbreaker for me. Also if you have massive/muscular thighs, CF seats can feel uncomfortable after a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
- The buckets add an additional feel of what the car is doing and is a must for performance driving be it on or off track.
Absolutely. Vastly more performance focused than the sport seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thormic View Post
Mind blowing that so few people mention that you can get ventilated seats when you're choosing standard ones. That was a dealbreaker for me. Also if you have massive/muscular thighs, CF seats can feel uncomfortable after a while.
Same. I have ventilated seats in my X5 and love them. As for the CF buckets: I have a more athletic/muscular build and while up around my shoulders they juuuust about still work, the thigh bolsters are too hardcore for my thunder thighs.
I'm leg dominant as well (…all those squats, dead lifts and power cleans will do that), but at 5'10" and about 200 lbs., I didn't find issue with the seats. They are snug for sure, and being black & hung adds more difficulty (…harrrrrrr, 'Tis a joke ….).
Appreciate 4
TheProdigy1042.50
Mark Kez2201.50
DBV778.50
      06-05-2022, 03:24 PM   #267
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Re: durability, how do the bucket seats look after 1 year of ownership?
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2022, 05:38 PM   #268
timstah
United_States
Rep
Drives: A90 Supra, G80 M3 comp xdrive

Can the M3/M4 emblem/logo on the buckets be swapped with the emblem on the regular seats?

Selling my M4 for an xdrive but want to transfer the seats over and retain the emblems for the respective cars
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 11:07 PM   #269
anitasanger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Toyota taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProdigy View Post

The regular seats should not be an option on an M3. Although the carbon buckets can be stiff for a casual driver, they provide the exact comfort that you would expect while having serious rigidity of a carbon fiber bucket.
The exact comfort "you" would want, perhaps, but there are thousands of M3 drivers who aren't you.

For starters, I can't comprehend why anyone would ever advocate for fewer options in/on anything. Options are a beautiful thing. A consumer asking to have his consumer options limited is lunacy. By this logic, there'd be a single 3 series, a single 5 series, etc. And colors? Who needs them? Why not harken the ghost of Henry Ford and offer only black?

Second, an M3 is a 4-door sports sedan, for the love of Pete. Collaring family men with mandated racing seats, which will be used for taking junior to baseball practice, is preposterous. We're not talking about a McLaren, a lambo, or heck, even a vette. There's seating for 5 and 4 OLD MAN DOORS, just like your grandpa's Crown Vic. I can appreciate suspension of disbelief, believe me, I can! By all means, imagine that your trip to Starbucks is the Monaco Grand Prix, but please, don't force your delusions on the rest of us. All of us don't need orange leather and a carbon fiber dick piece.

If a person wants buckets, can afford buckets, and most importantly, can fit in buckets without bouts of exquisite, thigh-carving pain—then please, order shiny buckets. But to suggest that the ticket for entry become gate-kept by youth, agility, or the size of one's musculature/frame/BMI, is mind-numbingly ignorant.

Again, we're talking about a 4 door sedan meant for spirited driving. Loosen the leather racing suit, my man. I fear that the cramped seat, coupled with the full leather onesie has left your brain in want of oxygen.
Appreciate 2
pateke198.00
      10-23-2022, 12:27 AM   #270
TheProdigy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitasanger View Post
Quote:

The regular seats should not be an option on an M3. Although the carbon buckets can be stiff for a casual driver, they provide the exact comfort that you would expect while having serious rigidity of a carbon fiber bucket.
The exact comfort "you" would want, perhaps, but there are thousands of M3 drivers who aren't you.

For starters, I can't comprehend why anyone would ever advocate for fewer options in/on anything. Options are a beautiful thing. A consumer asking to have his consumer options limited is lunacy. By this logic, there'd be a single 3 series, a single 5 series, etc. And colors? Who needs them? Why not harken the ghost of Henry Ford and offer only black?

Second, an M3 is a 4-door sports sedan, for the love of Pete. Collaring family men with mandated racing seats, which will be used for taking junior to baseball practice, is preposterous. We're not talking about a McLaren, a lambo, or heck, even a vette. There's seating for 5 and 4 OLD MAN DOORS, just like your grandpa's Crown Vic. I can appreciate suspension of disbelief, believe me, I can! By all means, imagine that your trip to Starbucks is the Monaco Grand Prix, but please, don't force your delusions on the rest of us. All of us don't need orange leather and a carbon fiber dick piece.

If a person wants buckets, can afford buckets, and most importantly, can fit in buckets without bouts of exquisite, thigh-carving pain—then please, order shiny buckets. But to suggest that the ticket for entry become gate-kept by youth, agility, or the size of one's musculature/frame/BMI, is mind-numbingly ignorant.

Again, we're talking about a 4 door sedan meant for spirited driving. Loosen the leather racing suit, my man. I fear that the cramped seat, coupled with the full leather onesie has left your brain in want of oxygen.
I genuinely don't understand your passionate writing trying to belittle my beliefs on a post from 1.5 years ago. I hope your opinions suit your personal needs and you enjoy your weekend 👍🏼
Appreciate 5
      10-23-2022, 07:24 AM   #271
Lakeside
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW 330i

Quote:

I sat in a TV G80 with buckets yesterday and it was awful. I would have scratched the vehicle off my list due to the discomfort. And no, I don’t have a high BMI. I do have wide shoulders and a back that has seen better days.
      10-23-2022, 07:32 AM   #272
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Quote:

You have to go buckets just to get the opposite of what this guy has.
Appreciate 1
TheProdigy1042.50
      10-23-2022, 03:25 PM   #273
HNSKP
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M3 base

Garage List
2021 BMW G80 M3  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greer View Post
Seats have held up well after 14 months and almost 7000 miles. I'm very careful to avoid rubbing the bolster. Don't see a need to buy a bolster cover.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I find the buckets simultaneously more comfortable and supportive than the porsche 18 way seats that cost $2800 over the standard 4 ways.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
TheProdigy1042.50
      10-23-2022, 05:33 PM   #274
masab321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Comp xDrive ; 2021

Garage List
I am really happy with standard seats. They are comfy and yes I needed the Ventilation option as well.
Insta: masmdm4
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2022, 09:07 PM   #275
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNSKP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greer View Post
Seats have held up well after 14 months and almost 7000 miles. I'm very careful to avoid rubbing the bolster. Don't see a need to buy a bolster cover.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I find the buckets simultaneously more comfortable and supportive than the porsche 18 way seats that cost $2800 over the standard 4 ways.
I don't care for Porsche's 18-ways either.
Appreciate 1
HNSKP313.00
      10-24-2022, 12:25 PM   #276
TheProdigy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Sometimes I wonder if keyboard warriors will ever disappear
Appreciate 1
Habber3515.00
      10-24-2022, 12:27 PM   #277
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In general……….never. Unfortunately anonymity is "courage" and people feel much more cavalier behind a computer screen. I'm not referring to anybody specifically nor the exchange that was quoted. I'm just speaking generally about keyboard warriors.
Appreciate 1
TheProdigy1042.50
      10-24-2022, 12:29 PM   #278
TheProdigy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In general……….never. Anonymity is "courage".
I can easily say I ordered my 2nd g80 and it will have buckets once again 😂
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 12:30 PM   #279
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I love the buckets. I wouldn't order a G8X without them, but I concede that not all body types work well with them.
Appreciate 1
TheProdigy1042.50
      10-24-2022, 12:33 PM   #280
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I love the buckets. I wouldn't order a G8X without them, but I concede that not all body types work well with them.
Never said they'd fit everyone, but I wouldn't belittle a person's opinion and say they lack oxygen in their head lol
Agreed! It went a bit too far. Lol!
Appreciate 1
TheProdigy1042.50
      10-24-2022, 12:40 PM   #281
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Skipped the buckets on mine. Tried them both on test drives and just hangouts / meetups; they don't work for me. My shoulders are too broad and hips too narrow plus they're a PITA to get in and out of and I have a bad back/leg/shoulder.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 2
      10-24-2022, 01:02 PM   #282
forumlurker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: almost every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
I have a bad back/leg/shoulder.

same
Appreciate 1
Lakeside400.00
      10-24-2022, 01:29 PM   #283
Bl0ck
Gray on Gray
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

I love them, but what tips do you give your passengers to get out of them?
      10-24-2022, 01:32 PM   #284
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl0ck View Post
I love them, but what tips do you give your passengers to get out of them?
I usually say “hey let’s take your car”
      10-24-2022, 01:37 PM   #285
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Skipped the buckets on mine. Tried them both on test drives and just hangouts / meetups; they don't work for me. My shoulders are too broad and hips too narrow plus they're a PITA to get in and out of and I have a bad back/leg/shoulder.
Any pics of your car bro?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 10:44 PM   #286
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Any pics of your car bro?
Here ya go

IG: EmFore_650