BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

04-02-2023, 08:58 AM   #23
G-Breazy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Grandmarquis 92, X6 21

Curious if your incompetent dealer resolved this issue. I’d be livid lol. Hope everything worked out for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 03:10 PM   #24
FoxberryJam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M4 CompX; '98 m Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayg80 View Post
The saga continues and I’m getting concerned about BMW and the knowledge of their staff at various levels.

The dealer supposedly spoke to a factory rep and they said because of the extended shadowline option the spoiler isn’t carbon fiber meaning the only way to get it would be for owners to have the chrome exhaust tips. Comp orders removing the default extended shadowline and 6spd never selecting it.

I’m pretty sure I have seen both models with black tips and a CF spoiler.

I have an email into bmw corporate as they need to get their stuff together.
WOW - I’m just shaking my head reading this, as a look at my carbon fiber spoiler on my extended shadowline optioned G82…
      04-02-2023, 10:35 PM   #25
jayg80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I’m expecting to have the CF spoiler in hand Tuesday at no cost to me. I’ll keep you updated. The mistake really lies with the factory who didn’t install the package completely. Also a little surprised that bmw corporate has not responded to my email from last Wednesday either.

The dealer is going to make it right.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13470.50
      04-03-2023, 12:13 AM   #26
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Yes and yes. The $4,700 carbon exterior package comes with carbon mirror caps front carbon inlets, rear diffuser and rear thumbnail spoiler. These are installed from the factory.

The black spoiler only comes on the extended shadowline trim. Optional on the manual, and standard on the Competition. Ordering the carbon exterior package deletes all of the black on extended shadow line and swaps the above parts to carbon.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 05:42 PM   #27
jayg80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

The dealer made it right and I picked up the spoiler this afternoon. I’m going to have Protective Film Solutions in Santa Ana, CA install as I trust them more than dealership staff. I did receive the below email from BMW which is just hilarious as they are simply building a vehicle online to get their product info rather than checking with someone in product planning. BMW needs to do better.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13470.50
      03-12-2024, 03:14 AM   #28
BMW2478
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW IX

Hey man love your car! Sounds like youre in orange county, any chance i can check out your car sometime? I ordered a voodoo g82 and would love to finally see a voodoo in person. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 04:50 AM   #29
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayg80 View Post
The dealer made it right and I picked up the spoiler this afternoon. I’m going to have Protective Film Solutions in Santa Ana, CA install as I trust them more than dealership staff. I did receive the below email from BMW which is just hilarious as they are simply building a vehicle online to get their product info rather than checking with someone in product planning. BMW needs to do better.
Bernadette sounds like an idiot. Or AI.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 07:03 AM   #30
scaires
Rep
Drives: 23 M3 Comp xDrive

Few things - I am 90% sure the carbon exterior package is factory installed (at least what I was told by my dealer when I made the original order). I believe its specifically if you want the carbon side skirts or front lip - those are port installed.

And yea - it includes front inlets / rear diffuser / rearview mirror caps & the spoiler all in carbon.

Having the default extended shadowline doesn't effect the package - and if it did, you would get partially refunded on the package (like when opting for executive + full leather since there is some overlap on the material for the dash).

I can also say that my MY23 that has both shadowline + carbon exterior package included a carbon spoiler - anything said otherwise is BS.

Last edited by scaires; 03-12-2024 at 07:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 08:18 AM   #31
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaires View Post
Few things - I am 90% sure the carbon exterior package is factory installed (at least what I was told by my dealer when I made the original order). I believe its specifically if you want the carbon side skirts or front lip - those are port installed.

And yea - it includes front inlets / rear diffuser / rearview mirror caps & the spoiler all in carbon.

Having the default extended shadowline doesn't effect the package - and if it did, you would get partially refunded on the package (like when opting for executive + full leather since there is some overlap on the material for the dash).

I can also say that my MY23 that has both shadowline + carbon exterior package included a carbon spoiler - anything said otherwise is BS.
You're right about most stuff there, but BMW doesn't always refund for things missing from certain packages or getting overriden. You wouldn't get refunded the spoiler cost for the Extended Shadowline if you also got the Exterior Carbon package. Likewise, on the G83, the Exterior Carbon pack is still $4700 but you don't get a spoiler (as I guess they think it would interfere with the roof operation).
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 10:26 AM   #32
/ / / M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

They do occasionally makes silly mistakes at the factory. Check out this video of an M3 with an M5 badge (pause the video at 0:38).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgf8BpuO1IA&t=127s
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 10:35 AM   #33
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by / / / M3 View Post
They do occasionally makes silly mistakes at the factory. Check out this video of an M3 with an M5 badge (pause the video at 0:38).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgf8BpuO1IA&t=127s
Appreciate 0