03-27-2024, 03:05 PM   #1
uhNexus
Boost Addict
Rep
Drives: M3CX, 335is ST 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
JB4 Shift Bog With CS Transmission Tune

Has anybody else gotten the CS transmission tune and felt how flawless the shifts were before tuning? As soon as I installed the JB4 the car now falls out of power between shifts. Swap to map 0 and it returns to perfectly smooth shifts with constant power.

Has anybody experienced the same or know what the fix could be?

I'm coming to this forum first because I bought it second hand and therefore support from Terry isn't covered (I don't think)... though I have purchased numerous products from Terry when I was building my 335is.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 04:01 PM   #2
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

Me, personally, I’d never run a JB4, but whatever. You need to call Burgerboy and let them know of the issue. They need to get an M4 with CSL coding to test before they just push shit out expecting it just work because it worked before.

Not sure if anyone with a CSL has tried running a JB4 or not, but I would doublecheck what maps are on the thing. If anything, it should probably be configured similar to if it were to go on a CSL as opposed to a base or comp M3 or M4.

And make sure you’re on the latest firmware for it, especially if you bought it used.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 05:25 PM   #3
LongBeachDinanFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Which JB4 maps are you using? They have different styles and user adjustments for all of them.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 06:11 PM   #4
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep
Drives: 21 X5MC | 23 M4CSL

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
They need to get an M4 with CSL coding to test before they just push shit out expecting it just work because it worked before.
He said he bought second hand - why would you suggest Burger "pushed" it on him in a negligent fashion? JB4 was tested on a CSL over a year ago, dyno and track (road and 1/2 mile), and of course street. The symptoms OP describe are curious because piggy-backs do not interact with the transmission software. Not saying there isn't something there, but agree with current firmware update.

Edit: their M4 test car is running trans software. Granted, not CSL, but worth considering
From their recent X post:
Burger Motorsports
@burger_tuning
Jason @ BMS got the best trap speed of 167.47 mph in the standing 1/2 mile! Shift S3ctor Airstrip Attack at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in our JB4 Tuned M4 Comp.

Mods:
S58 JB4 Locked ECU
BMS S58 top mount intakes
Fuel-It! Port Injection
xHP trans flash
E50 fue

Last edited by Hit_Apex; 03-27-2024 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 06:30 PM   #5
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

I had a Jb4 running map 2 with DP’s and the CS trans flash and all worked perfectly well together.

Sorry you’re having issues Op. hopefully you can get it sorted.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 08:14 PM   #6
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_Apex View Post
He said he bought second hand - why would you suggest Burger "pushed" it on him in a negligent fashion? JB4 was tested on a CSL over a year ago, dyno and track (road and 1/2 mile), and of course street. The symptoms OP describe are curious because piggy-backs do not interact with the transmission software. Not saying there isn't something there, but agree with current firmware update.

Edit: their M4 test car is running trans software. Granted, not CSL, but worth considering
From their recent X post:
Burger Motorsports
@burger_tuning
Jason @ BMS got the best trap speed of 167.47 mph in the standing 1/2 mile! Shift S3ctor Airstrip Attack at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in our JB4 Tuned M4 Comp.

Mods:
S58 JB4 Locked ECU
BMS S58 top mount intakes
Fuel-It! Port Injection
xHP trans flash
E50 fue
I didn’t say Burger pushed it on the OP. You misinterpreted what I wrote. I said Burger needs to do testing on different configs if they’re going to push a piggyback out which may or may not interact properly. Either way, if you buy some shit used, you better make sure it’s the right model for whatever car you’ve got and you better make sure you’re running the correct and most up to date firmware. Why the OP didn’t (or I presume didn’t) is beyond me. Guess more research was in order for them before just slapping on a “tuner box”. He also need to recheck all of his connections, but chances are good he’d have other issues and codes if something wasn’t connected right. In map 0, that box should just be in passthrough mode, so if all the signals are getting to where they need to be, then it’s probably not physics connections.

OP, make sure it’s the right box for your car and update the firmware/software on it. And make sure you reset it back to default… there’s a chance the previous owner has some customer settings on it… either way, that’s all like expected stuff that as the new owner you should have done prior to installing it and driving around. You need to start with that and see where it goes from there.
Appreciate 0