02-13-2024, 09:57 AM   #1
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTF80,718GT4,TVG80,G05X5

Update with 1/2 throttle video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_8hK9vW8zEI

I wanted to share my experience with the installation of the Supersprint Non-Resonated Mid Pipe with H-pipe on my CS.

The fitment of the mid pipe was exceptional, requiring no modifications to the center bar. This streamlined the installation process and ensured a hassle-free experience.

During cold start, I am impressed by the captivating rumble it produced. The deep, resonant tone adds a new dimension to the driving experience, elevating the overall sound profile of the vehicle.

The absence of any droning, further enhances the driving comfort. Although I have yet to undergo the 1200-mile service, I am impressed with the enhanced sound quality, especially when paired with the OEM titanium box.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Needsdecaf6599.00
M4Tejas788.00
      02-19-2024, 07:47 PM   #2
tytw24
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Coupe

Any soundclips?
I order a non-resonated as well direct from supersprint, hows the quality?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 10:13 AM   #3
gc.g80brg
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3C Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytw24 View Post
Any soundclips?
Supersprint is one of the best exhaust quality ! I have one on the E46 M3 and the E92 M3 and it looks still new after years !
2001 M3 Laguna seca 6 speed
Appreciate 1
4DRS551254.50
      02-20-2024, 10:32 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for sharing

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
4DRS551254.50
      02-20-2024, 08:13 PM   #5
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytw24 View Post
Any soundclips?
I will post clips soon, but waiting for my 1200 mile service so I can take videos worth posting. Quality is great, I definitely recommend it.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 10:41 AM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRS55 View Post
I will post clips soon, but waiting for my 1200 mile service so I can take videos worth posting. Quality is great, I definitely recommend it.

Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 04:57 PM   #7
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
I wanted to share my experience with the installation of the Supersprint Non-Resonated Mid Pipe with H-pipe on my CS.

The fitment of the mid pipe was exceptional, requiring no modifications to the center bar. This streamlined the installation process and ensured a hassle-free experience.

During cold start, I am impressed by the captivating rumble it produced. The deep, resonant tone adds a new dimension to the driving experience, elevating the overall sound profile of the vehicle.

The absence of any droning, further enhances the driving comfort. Although I have yet to undergo the 1200-mile service, I am impressed with the enhanced sound quality, especially when paired with the OEM titanium box.
Hey, nice work.

I’ve just ordered the same system but resonated, I was concerned about droning on the motorway, especially if I have the kids in the back. I was worried the Ti rear box would be loud as it seems like it’s not got much insulation in it.

Is the noise perfect at all times or would you say that there are some occasions when it’s loud or raspy? I’m also keen to see what you think of motorway driving with the non red pipes, is it just l like stock? Reason I’m asking is because I’m in the window to change the order if I want too, but need your advice really.

Finally, why choose the Jpipe over the equal length option? I don’t want the car to sound like the S55 😁I’m sure it doesn’t.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 11:47 AM   #8
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
Hey, nice work.

I’ve just ordered the same system but resonated, I was concerned about droning on the motorway, especially if I have the kids in the back. I was worried the Ti rear box would be loud as it seems like it’s not got much insulation in it.
Is the noise perfect at all times or would you say that there are some occasions when it’s loud or raspy?
I’m also keen to see what you think of motorway driving with the non red pipes, is it just l like stock?
Reason I’m asking is because I’m in the window to change the order if I want too, but need your advice really.
Finally, why choose the Jpipe over the equal length option? I don’t want the car to sound like the S55 😁I’m sure it doesn’t.
Thanks

Hey, nice work.

Thank you! Please see response to your questions below:

Hello sir I was also concerned about droning on the motor way. Although you could say I have a high tolerance for sound but I experience no droning in comfort or sport mode. In sport plus on the motorway cruising in a higher gear low rpm there might be a slight slight hint of droning… Not concerning as when in sport plus I’m sure most are not just cruising on the motorway.

Is the noise perfect at all times or would you say that there are some occasions when it’s loud or raspy?

I have not gone over 5k as I did not do my break in service but I get no sense of rasp and feel the noise is just perfect. Very deep and aggressive sounding when in sport plus. It is intoxicating!!

I’m also keen to see what you think of motorway driving with the non red pipes, is it just l like stock?

Yes in comfort mode very close to stock and slightly louder in sport mode when cruising

Reason I’m asking is because I’m in the window to change the order if I want too, but need your advice really.

I personally would do the same system again, but up to you!! I like it a bit aggressive in sport plus and have it close to stock in comfort.

I did not do the J pipe in the pictures you can see just twin pipe non resonated with h pipe. For some reason I think SS now call it the X pipe on there site. But it is the same part numbers.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 02:52 PM   #9
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hey, nice work.

Thank you! Please see response to your questions below:

Hello sir I was also concerned about droning on the motor way. Although you could say I have a high tolerance for sound but I experience no droning in comfort or sport mode. In sport plus on the motorway cruising in a higher gear low rpm there might be a slight slight hint of droning… Not concerning as when in sport plus I’m sure most are not just cruising on the motorway.

I have not gone over 5k as I did not do my break in service but I get no sense of rasp and feel the noise is just perfect. Very deep and aggressive sounding when in sport plus. It is intoxicating!!

Yes in comfort mode very close to stock and slightly louder in sport mode when cruising

I personally would do the same system again, but up to you!! I like it a bit aggressive in sport plus and have it close to stock in comfort.

I did not do [...]
Awesome reply mate, thank you.

If I wasn’t going for sport DP (HJS 200) I would defo go with your set up, but when I get the 200 installed I would hate it if it drones, more for the missus and the kids if I have them with me.

I get the DP installed next week and then the Jpipe in a few weeks, I’ll let you know how the setup works.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 04:28 PM   #10
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

I’m leaning towards the J pipe setup, I really like the audio clips Imran put together on their m4

Keen for some audio clips of the twin setup

Supersprint having a modular system is great for dialing in perfect setup, you can start with non res x/j and non res h, if that creates too much drone you can swap out the h for a res h pipe
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 07:06 PM   #11
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Awesome reply mate, thank you.

If I wasn’t going for sport DP (HJS 200) I would defo go with your set up, but when I get the 200 installed I would hate it if it drones, more for the missus and the kids if I have them with me.

I get the DP installed next week and then the Jpipe in a few weeks, I’ll let you know how the setup works.
Ya I would definitely go resonated if doing down pipes. Can’t wait to hear it!!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 07:22 PM   #12
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
I’m leaning towards the J pipe setup, I really like the audio clips Imran put together on their m4

Keen for some audio clips of the twin setup

Supersprint having a modular system is great for dialing in perfect setup, you can start with non res x/j and non res h, if that creates too much drone you can swap out the h for a res h pipe
💯 agree!

I do like the sound of the J pipe too, but from this video for some reason I feel like the non res J pipe has a little rasp compared to the non res twin pipe set up. Idk it could be my ears or maybe not pairing J pipe with the H pipe, but in the video I feel like the twin pipe set up paired with the H pipe seems a bit deeper.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ir3hGh9oOc
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 05:16 AM   #13
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Miltek 200cell HJS just arrived, looks good. Some rough welding on the inside of the pipe mind
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 01:33 PM   #14
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Miltek 200cell HJS just arrived, looks good. Some rough welding on the inside of the pipe mind
i believe you posted the same pictures in another thread, here is my responses on there

We offer Milltek but i don't see this product as a good buy.

I doubt this will fit but even if it does, they picked a bad design with the worse air flow possible. Why make these bends when you can design a smoother pipe?

The wielding does not look great either.

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 01:58 PM   #15
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
i believe you posted the same pictures in another thread, here is my responses on there

We offer Milltek but i don't see this product as a good buy.

I doubt this will fit but even if it does, they picked a bad design with the worse air flow possible. Why make these bends when you can design a smoother pipe?

The wielding does not look great either.
You don’t see the HJS 200 being good or do you mean a poor design? I did look at the shape and actually thought I may have the wrong cat when compared against the others I have seen, it looks odd but I’m sure it will fit though.

I have laser scanned it and will also scan the OEM then compare scans for accuracy.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 06:49 AM   #16
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep
Drives: 21 X5MC | 23 M4CSL

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
SS is very nice stuff, congrats. If I had a dream for the CS/CSL exhaust it would be a full Ti bolt-on solution. The OEM midpipe clamps to the OEM muffler (versus welded like non-Ti G8x) and doesn't require cutting. It would be expensive given the splits before the muffler and accommodations needed for the valve controller. Apologies dropping this in your SS thread but your pictures are perfect to illustrate the possibility of a turbo back Ti solution that utilizes the CS/CSL muffler. I'll see myself out...
      03-07-2024, 02:01 PM   #17
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You don’t see the HJS 200 being good or do you mean a poor design? I did look at the shape and actually thought I may have the wrong cat when compared against the others I have seen, it looks odd but I’m sure it will fit though.

I have laser scanned it and will also scan the OEM then compare scans for accuracy.
HJS is a really good cat but this downpipe's design and wielding quality is horrendous. Even if it fits, its going to product the worst air flow with these harsh transitions

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 03:56 AM   #18
RichardGM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 CS

4DRS55

Thanks OP for the pics and description, really useful info as I'm picking up my CS next week and am considering just swapping the mid pipe (probably resonated) but don't want to cut the existing OE pipes at all

I can see (I think!) that you simply clamp the new mid pipe onto the clamps on the OE Ti back box but does the OE pipe have to be cut at the other end to install the new mid pipe, or does it also bolt onto existing clamps, so no cutting required at all of the existing system?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 04:52 AM   #19
Steveo
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Your CS stock exhaust is all welded one piece per picture above.
It will have to be cut just before the back box, other end should be clamped just down of the stock down pipes if your mid pipe replaces the secondary cats as well.
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2024, 06:07 AM   #20
RichardGM4
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
It will have to be cut just before the back box, other end should be clamped just down of the stock down pipes if your mid pipe replaces the secondary cats as well.
Ah right, yes makes sense now - thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 06:47 AM   #21
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGM4 View Post
4DRS55

Thanks OP for the pics and description, really useful info as I'm picking up my CS next week and am considering just swapping the mid pipe (probably resonated) but don't want to cut the existing OE pipes at all

I can see (I think!) that you simply clamp the new mid pipe onto the clamps on the OE Ti back box but does the OE pipe have to be cut at the other end to install the new mid pipe, or does it also bolt onto existing clamps, so no cutting required at all of the existing system?

TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

The CS Titanium muffler is clamped from the factory at the points circled in blue. If just doing a Mid pipe install I believe all will require cutting as mine did. The Supersprint midpipe cut location is the same as the BMW m performance exhaust location at the middle dimple shown in the video snap shot below of the m performance install video.

Hope this helps, the only way to my knowledge to avoid cutting is to buy a whole system that includes midpipe and muffler. To me that was a waste as I wanted to retain the CS titanium box.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 11:04 AM   #22
RichardGM4
First Lieutenant
Rep

Great thanks for the additional info. I’m the same in that I want to keep the original Ti back box / muffler

I’ll have to decide whether it’s worth cutting the existing and buying a mid pipe, to get the enhanced exhaust note and sound!
Appreciate 1
4DRS551254.50