03-17-2023, 12:31 AM   #1
MIKE_M2C
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M235, 20 M2C, 22 X5, 23 M3C

San Diego dealer recommendation for break-in service

Hi all,

Break-in service is almost due, any dealer/SA recommendation in San Diego area?

I did service in Encinitas BMW for past 6 years, but my SA left and the dealer will move to Carlsbad next week…
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 06:27 PM   #2
IronChad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp

While Murrieta isn’t in San Diego, it’s somewhat close and BMW of Murrieta is an amazing dealer and was actually ranked as one of the best BMW dealers in the United States.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2023, 09:36 AM   #3
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
I had no issues at San Diego BMW the one time I had service done there.
      03-22-2023, 07:51 AM   #4
sulinelanie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hello,

I can suggest some tips to help you find a reliable dealer/service advisor for your break-in service.

Check online reviews: Look up the dealerships in your area online and check their reviews on websites such as Google, Yelp, and the Better Business Bureau. This can give you an idea of their overall reputation and customer satisfaction.

Ask for recommendations: Ask friends, family, and colleagues if they have any recommendations for a reputable dealer or service advisor in the San Diego area.

Contact the dealership: Call or email the dealership to ask questions and get a feel for their customer service. You can ask about their experience with your particular make and model, pricing for the break-in service, and any other concerns you may have.

Research the service advisor: If possible, try to find out who will be servicing your vehicle and do some research on them. Look for online reviews, ask the dealership about their experience and training, and make sure you feel comfortable with them.

Remember to ask any questions you may have and make sure you understand the service that will be performed before agreeing to anything. It's important to find a reliable and trustworthy dealership/service advisor to ensure your vehicle is properly maintained.

Last edited by sulinelanie; 03-23-2023 at 06:09 AM..
Appreciate 1
MIKE_M2C144.00
      04-08-2023, 10:54 PM   #5
mystikalsieve325
Registered
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Mine is coming up as well..just like you, I used to service at BMW Encinitas (previous cars including f80) but SA left then switched to BMW Escondido and the SA there left as well, so now I don't know which one to go to...
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2023, 01:54 AM   #6
MIKE_M2C
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M235, 20 M2C, 22 X5, 23 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikalsieve325 View Post
Mine is coming up as well..just like you, I used to service at BMW Encinitas (previous cars including f80) but SA left then switched to BMW Escondido and the SA there left as well, so now I don't know which one to go to...
BMW San Diego is good, my SA is Andrew
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 09:52 AM   #7
SoCalBimmerGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE_M2C View Post
Hi all,

Break-in service is almost due, any dealer/SA recommendation in San Diego area?

I did service in Encinitas BMW for past 6 years, but my SA left and the dealer will move to Carlsbad next week…

BMW of San Diego - not my favorite
BMW of El Cajon - ask for SA Matt Moore
BMW of Encinitas….Now Carlsbad - ask for SA Keith
BMW of Escondido….good dealer ask for SA Eric Hall or Harris Fecher. They have the best loaners. 5, X5, IX, M440, M340, X4M40, sedans, coupes, convertibles, SUV’s. Not your typical base 330.

BMW of Carlsbad is the closest to me but I go to Escondido.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 09:03 PM   #8
sdengineer
Private
Rep
Drives: 24 M3 CX, 25 X5 40i X

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBimmerGuy View Post
BMW of San Diego - not my favorite
BMW of El Cajon - ask for SA Matt Moore
BMW of Encinitas….Now Carlsbad - ask for SA Keith
BMW of Escondido….good dealer ask for SA Eric Hall or Harris Fecher. They have the best loaners. 5, X5, IX, M440, M340, X4M40, sedans, coupes, convertibles, SUV’s. Not your typical base 330.

BMW of Carlsbad is the closest to me but I go to Escondido.
SoCalBimmerGuy - do you have any specific reasons for BMW SD not being good? That is the one I was planning to do my break-in service at.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2023, 01:39 PM   #9
SoCalBimmerGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdengineer View Post
SoCalBimmerGuy - do you have any specific reasons for BMW SD not being good? That is the one I was planning to do my break-in service at.
It’s a Penske dealership. They just treat you like you are another number. There is no personal touch…..they also run out of loaners and have a lot of non bmw loaners. At one point they charged for loaners not sure if they still do that or not.
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2024, 06:14 PM   #10
sdengineer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBimmerGuy View Post
It’s a Penske dealership. They just treat you like you are another number. There is no personal touch…..they also run out of loaners and have a lot of non bmw loaners. At one point they charged for loaners not sure if they still do that or not.
Thanks and good to know.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 07:44 PM   #11
sdengineer
Private
Rep

Besides the dealerships are there any non-dealer certified mechanics that anyone would recommend in San Diego? For example, what about this one: https://www.bimmerspeedsdca.com/

Anyone used them?

The main reason I would consider a non-dealer is because I've always found dealer service to be upselling. We take our Toyota SUV to a non-dealer certified Toyota mechanic and they are awesome. Would be great to find an equivalent for BMW.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 02:22 PM   #12
Sandy Eggo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 (6MT)

Garage List
2015 BMW i3 BEV  [0.00]
2020 Kia Telluride  [0.00]
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Besides the dealerships are there any non-dealer certified mechanics that anyone would recommend in San Diego? For example, what about this one: https://www.bimmerspeedsdca.com/

Anyone used them?

The main reason I would consider a non-dealer is because I've always found dealer service to be upselling. We take our Toyota SUV to a non-dealer certified Toyota mechanic and they are awesome. Would be great to find an equivalent for BMW.
Several years ago we had an e90 328xi that we serviced with https://www.bandbautohaus.com/ who we really liked
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2024, 05:39 PM   #13
m4ml
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4CX BSM (Xpel Stealth)

Quote:

Anyone used them?

They did my Carbahn tune. I was extremely happy with their professionalism and the quality of their work. While installing the heat exchanger they went out of there way to address a couple of hidden things that they discovered with the bumper off.

Do note though, that from what I understand, they are mainly a performance shop. I don't have any experience with them for routine maintenance.
Appreciate 1