home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

08-26-2021, 01:12 PM   #265
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Was anyone torn between IOMG and BG?
When I initially saw the IOMG, I was set on it until the time came to place an order.
I eventually chose BG because it was unique but still safe. I was worried the green will get old after a couple of years.
But lately while waiting for my 111 status to go into 150, I'm having cold feet thinking I might regret not getting the IOMG whenever I see one on the streets.

I have never been this indecisive before and it's killing me.
Anyone of you wish you went with a different color?
Appreciate 1
maelfyn156.50
      08-26-2021, 01:23 PM   #266
kayt69
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23' 330e

Garage List
2024 G01 X3M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
When I initially saw the IOMG, I was set on it until the time came to place an order.
I eventually chose BG because it was unique but still safe. I was worried the green will get old after a couple of years.
But lately while waiting for my 111 status to go into 150, I'm having cold feet thinking I might regret not getting the IOMG whenever I see one on the streets.

I would say just get what you like, you can always repaint/ swap for another color if you do not like it after few years. BMW colors are made of high quality, and I am pretty sure it is going to be okay for you.

I went with IOMG/ Fiona because that is something I like.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 08:25 PM   #267
MKParris
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayt69 View Post
I would say just get what you like, you can always repaint/ swap for another color if you do not like it after few years. BMW colors are made of high quality, and I am pretty sure it is going to be okay for you.

I went with IOMG/ Fiona because that is something I like.
I was all for BG until i saw IOMG on the street when i was in Tampa. Everyone has a car that is a shade between white and black. At least IOMG is skmething different.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 06:41 AM   #268
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
BG and IOMG are my top picks as well. I saw both of them side by side and its really to pick one. BG is more classy and IOMG is really vibrant. BG has a slight edge for me as the black accents pops up really well.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 07:27 AM   #269
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp Xdrive FDG

IOMG was never on my radar until my wife mentioned it. I was opened to the idea of owning a green car. I put it on my list of colors that I would potentially get. After watching some professionally youtube videos of the car. I really liked it and was going to select it as the color.

However, I finally had a chance to see it in person and it didn't do anything for me. The green is much darker than what you see in the videos where the green looks almost emerald and lighter. In direct sunlight the car look teelish. I was extremely disappointed but glad I didn't buy this car in this color until I visually saw it. This is my two cents, not designed to irk any IOMG owners. It reminded me of the geo prism green from the 90s. I don't know if the car was just filthy. I was really looking forward to owning a green car to. Oh well.

Best way to describe this green is to compare the shades of REDs...There's Toronto red and there's candy apple red (maroon or burgundy)....that's where the green falls toward the maroon/burgundy side of the color spectrum. Darker and duller. Hopes this help anyone on the fence that doesn't have the ability to see the car in person.
2012 - Charger SRT 392 - Sold
2009 - Charger SRT 6.1 - Sold

Last edited by ChargerHellcat; 08-27-2021 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 07:54 AM   #270
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
IOMG was not never on my radar until my wife mentioned it. I was opened to the idea of owning a green car. I put it on my list of colors that I would potentially get. After watching some professionally youtube videos of the car. I really liked it and was going to select it as the color.

However, I finally had a chance to see it in person and it didn't do anything for me. The green is much darker than what you see in the videos where the green looks almost emerald and lighter. In direct sunlight the car look teelish. I was extremely disappointed but glad I didn't buy this car in this color until I visually saw it. This is my two cents, not designed to irk any IOMG owners. It reminded me of the geo prism green from the 90s. I don't know if the car was just filthy. I was really looking forward to owning a green car to. Oh well.

Best way to describe this green is for me compare the shades of REDs...There's Toronto red and there's candy apple red (maroon or burgundy)....that's where the green falls toward the maroon/burgundy side of the color spectrum. Darker and duller. Hopes this help anyone on the fence that doesn't have the ability to see the car in person.
Alpina Green is the best Green IMO, but I do love IOMG because the bold look of an Emerald Green with the Teal shift is stunning, at least to me. I also love greens, blues and purples so I'm a bit biased of course. I think IOMG is best paired with Fionna Red/ Kyalami Orange, and or Tartufo if you don't get the buckets, other colors don't do it justice.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 08:58 AM   #271
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep

If the green really looked like that in person. I would of bought the car. However, it just much darker and tealish for me.
Appreciate 2
Mar481099.50
maelfyn156.50
      08-27-2021, 10:29 AM   #272
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

I actually like the shade of teal or turquoise as much as liked it on the LBB M2C I had.
I like the complexity of the color rather than a solid green.
Same with red. I prefer a shade of wine, maroon to solid red.

I'm just worried it might get old too quick.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 09:37 PM   #273
Solarium
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:

I was actually the opposite. I was initially more towards the BG, but decided to be more daring and went with IOMG. I also didn't like that the BG was available on other models too. Before I got my F82 M4 I never thought I would get the Austin Yellow either, but it really grew into me. It's a very tasteful bold color and doesn't get old with age. I'm hoping the IOMG will be like the AY too and ages gracefully.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 10:29 PM   #274
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i, 2018 911 T

Quote:
I wouldn't describe BG as unique. Every auto brand offers a gray these days. Everyone is copying Audi's Nardo Gray from Porsche to Kia.

I think gray cars are at higher risk of looking "so 2020" than a truly distinct color like IOMG.

If you want timeless, go for Black, Toronto Red, Portimao Blue or Tanzanite Blue II.
Appreciate 2
chicagofan0019155.00
Griz182.00
      08-30-2021, 04:31 AM   #275
Stans
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition Xdrive

I placed my order for M3 Competition xDrive at the end of July. I picked IOMG over full Tartufo and think it will look great together. My build week is 40 and my CA said i should take delivery the end of October beginning of November. Luckily, I'm stationed in Germany so I won't have to wait on a slow boat to deliver it to port. Love all the pictures everyone is posting and will post mine as soon as I get it home.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 11:00 AM   #276
dwlc83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stans View Post
I placed my order for M3 Competition xDrive at the end of July. I picked IOMG over full Tartufo and think it will look great together. My build week is 40 and my CA said i should take delivery the end of October beginning of November. Luckily, I'm stationed in Germany so I won't have to wait on a slow boat to deliver it to port. Love all the pictures everyone is posting and will post mine as soon as I get it home.

I also ordered IOMG at Euler, same build week and pickup. I currently have the orange interior but have been struggling to decide between keeping the orange vs switching to black or tartufo. Only reason I don't go tartufo is because it loses the sportiness of the black inserts. Think it looks so nice though. Was tartufo an easy choice? Were you considering other colors for the interior? Already have your VIN?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 11:18 AM   #277
Stans
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwlc83 View Post
I also ordered IOMG at Euler, same build week and pickup. I currently have the orange interior but have been struggling to decide between keeping the orange vs switching to black or tartufo. Only reason I don't go tartufo is because it loses the sportiness of the black inserts. Think it looks so nice though. Was tartufo an easy choice? Were you considering other colors for the interior? Already have your VIN?
I wanted something classic but didn't want to go with black. Silverstone was an option. I don't think that you can go wrong with any of them. I was flip flopping between tanzanite and the Silverstone but settled on IOMG with Tartufo.

I don't have a VIN yet. I just checked with Euler today and they said I should have something by the end of September but that seems like pretty far into the process. Do you have your vin yet?
Appreciate 2
Mar481099.50
maelfyn156.50
      08-30-2021, 11:28 AM   #278
dwlc83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stans View Post
Quote:
I wanted something classic but didn't want to go with black. Silverstone was an option. I don't think that you can go wrong with any of them. I was flip flopping between tanzanite and the Silverstone but settled on IOMG with Tartufo.

I don't have a VIN yet. I just checked with Euler today and they said I should have something by the end of September but that seems like pretty far into the process. Do you have your vin yet?

I spoke with them Saturday and he said maybe this next week would get a VIN. Agree it seems late in the game but he said it's usually built the week after the VIN is assigned.

I currently have a Portimão and black g20. Bavarian has this same spec in an M3 and it looks amazing. Has me questioning my color choices. I've been all over the map with these colors. Lots of great choices.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 11:39 AM   #279
Stans
Private
Rep

Quote:
I spoke with them Saturday and he said maybe this next week would get a VIN. Agree it seems late in the game but he said it's usually built the week after the VIN is assigned.

I currently have a Portimão and black g20. Bavarian has this same spec in an M3 and it looks amazing. Has me questioning my color choices. I've been all over the map with these colors. Lots of great choices.
Agreed. Hopefully, they send the vin notifications soon. The Portimão looks great too. They had a tanzanite over silverstone on the lot at Bavarian this weekend. It made me question my choices.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 03:20 PM   #280
akjgotskill
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Garage List
IOMG G83 with Ivory White

Just got the allocation and placed an order for a week 41 IOMG w/ Ivory Full Merino G83. Still have time to change the color but thought white would be good on a convertible on hot days. Should I stick with Ivory or change to something else? The KO does look pretty sick but unsure how it would look on the convertible with the top down.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 04:25 PM   #281
jkap27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Quote:

i was driving around this weekend and somehow saw a BG M3 then an IOMG green M3 in a row lol the green grabbed a lot more attention but i was more interested in the green to begin with so im probably biased
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 12:42 AM   #282
Mar48
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp xDrive - Atlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post

If the green really looked like that in person. I would of bought the car. However, it just much darker and tealish for me.
That video represents IOMG perfectly to me! Exactly what it looks like in person, stunning.

Past: F80 M3/Z4MR/E46 M3/Z4MC/Z3MR/335Xi
Appreciate 1
maelfyn156.50
      08-31-2021, 05:19 PM   #283
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar48 View Post
That video represents IOMG perfectly to me! Exactly what it looks like in person, stunning.
Yup I agree. Not a big fan of the wheels but the color change is what I see on mine as well. Sweet video though. Now I want to go for a drive lol!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 05:23 PM   #284
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:

I originally didn't want the green either as not a big green fan. I had a BG that I was going to get but it didn't work out and thought you know what I want to do something different. So many black, gray, white and silver cars out there. So I ordered IOMG and couldn't be happier. And I get so many hey it's not a silver white or black BMW. People really gravitate to the green. Now I also live in an area where it will be the only one for awhile so I think it will stay relevant longer. If your in a big city and start seeing them everywhere maybe your thoughts change. I know I would do it all over in a heart beat! Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 06:45 PM   #285
2len
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjgotskill View Post
Just got the allocation and placed an order for a week 41 IOMG w/ Ivory Full Merino G83. Still have time to change the color but thought white would be good on a convertible on hot days. Should I stick with Ivory or change to something else? The KO does look pretty sick but unsure how it would look on the convertible with the top down.
It looks awesome!
Keep it!
Orange and red calipers will be too much
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 07:30 PM   #286
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
Yup I agree. Not a big fan of the wheels but the color change is what I see on mine as well. Sweet video though. Now I want to go for a drive lol!

Really I saw this car in person and it didn't look anything like that to me. I was really disappointed as I was pretty set on this color...I don't know if the car was dirty or what...It look teal. It didn't look forest green or vibrant green to me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0