home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Great Lakes

08-10-2022, 08:27 AM   #67
8262S
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

M3 just came home (well, to work…).

The detailer ran out of double sided tape so did not reinstall the M3 badge yet. I am in stealth mode. Although anyone with a drop of gasoline in their blood would know this is something other than a standard 3 series.
Attached Images

08-10-2022, 03:37 PM   #68
mysticphonk
chad phonkman
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 M3 (SOLD) 22 G80 M3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8262S View Post

The detailer ran out of double sided tape so did not reinstall the M3 badge yet. I am in stealth mode. Although anyone with a drop of gasoline in their blood would know this is something other than a standard 3 series.
looks good
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 06:37 PM   #69
ericj0n
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 comp xdrive

Quote:

Congrats on getting the car back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticphonk View Post
looks good
What part of Wisconsin are you in? Your Remus exhaust (from the other thread) sounds really nice!

That got me wondering, what is everyone's exhaust set up in here, if not stock? Would be fun to hear the differences in person.
      08-10-2022, 09:15 PM   #70
mysticphonk
chad phonkman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericj0n View Post
Congrats on getting the car back!

What part of Wisconsin are you in? Your Remus exhaust (from the other thread) sounds really nice!

That got me wondering, what is everyone's exhaust set up in here, if not stock? Would be fun to hear the differences in person.
I am around Madison
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 10:53 PM   #71
8262S
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I am around Madison
What color?

I swear I saw a black G80 twice recently, and I don't think it's the M4 mentioned earlier in this thread.
      08-11-2022, 07:25 AM   #72
mysticphonk
chad phonkman
Rep

Quote:
What color?

I swear I saw a black G80 twice recently, and I don't think it's the M4 mentioned earlier in this thread.
Mine is a dravit w kyalami
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 08:37 AM   #73
8262S
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Mine is a dravit w kyalami
Did you take delivery of it earlier this year from Madison while still in all the packing tape?

If so I think I saw it and it helped make my decision for Dravit.

826M’s?

Two Dravit M3’s in Madison now, cool!
      08-11-2022, 09:17 AM   #74
mysticphonk
chad phonkman
Rep

Quote:
Did you take delivery of it earlier this year from Madison while still in all the packing tape?

If so I think I saw it and it helped make my decision for Dravit.

826M’s?

Two Dravit M3’s in Madison now, cool!
lol yeah that's the one, I have seen another Dravit near the west side with tinted windows as well.

Here is a pic I took in the morning
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 09:30 AM   #75
8262S
Captain
Rep

That’s a great pic!

Did you install the CF front intakes? I recall the car that we saw at the dealership did not have the CF exterior pack. I checked that box solely for the front CF intakes. Perhaps I saw the other DG car earlier this year.

So there are three DG M3’s floating around here.

I like the standard BMW badge. My son doesn’t like the 50th badge with Dravit (too white). We are not going to do anything immediately but I could see a set of IND painted badges in our future.

And I will let you know how the no front license plate works out for us. I am not drilling the bumper, and the tow hook mount (is that what you have?) is my backup plan. Does it interfere with any sensors?

My son preemptively made a tint appointment for Monday to “save a spot for us.” So we are like getting tint next week.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 09:48 AM   #76
mysticphonk
chad phonkman
Rep

Quote:
That’s a great pic!

Did you install the CF front intakes? I recall the car that we saw at the dealership did not have the CF exterior pack. I checked that box solely for the front CF intakes. Perhaps I saw the other DG car earlier this year.

So there are three DG M3’s floating around here.

I like the standard BMW badge. My son doesn’t like the 50th badge with Dravit (too white). We are not going to do anything immediately but I could see a set of IND painted badges in our future.

And I will let you know how the no front license plate works out for us. I am not drilling the bumper, and the tow hook mount (is that what you have?) is my backup plan. Does it interfere with any sensors?

My son preemptively made a tint appointment for Monday to “save a spot for us.” So we are like getting tint next week.
Yup got the inlets installed by Milwaukee Motorwerks since it requires the front bumper to be removed, and for the front plate I installed a rho plate and its very adjustable and it wont block any sensors. I also have coded off the ASD after getting my exhaust set up installed and its deff worth coding out. If you are looking to upgrade the sound system i suggest getting a pair of Bavsound ghost subwoofers, I have a pair installed on my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 09:57 AM   #77
8262S
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yup got the inlets installed by Milwaukee Motorwerks since it requires the front bumper to be removed, and for the front plate I installed a rho plate and its very adjustable and it wont block any sensors. I also have coded off the ASD after getting my exhaust set up installed and its deff worth coding out. If you are looking to upgrade the sound system i suggest getting a pair of Bavsound ghost subwoofers, I have a pair installed on my car.
I would love to see your car and check it out.

Yes I am in the process of coding off ASD. Maybe tonight? I want to get the Tommy’s Garage mud flaps installed first before some road trips this weekend.

Do you have an aftermarket exhaust?

Does coding off ASD make it quieter inside? Or just more “natural”?

Crap, I also have a set of WeatherTech floor mats too that I need to throw in there. I know they aren’t fancy but neither is normal life. LOL

Last edited by 8262S; 08-11-2022 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 11:01 AM   #78
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80X, Mazda 3 6MT (daily)

Garage List
I will be available Friday late afternoon if anyone wants to meet up for a bit. I had the AA axle back and single midpipe. Removed it because it droned a lot on the highway. So for anyone considering upgrading their exhaust - watch out for drone before you buy.

ASD will make the car quieter for sure, since it removes the artificial sound.
      08-11-2022, 01:28 PM   #79
8262S
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM.PWR View Post
I will be available Friday late afternoon if anyone wants to meet up for a bit. I had the AA axle back and single midpipe. Removed it because it droned a lot on the highway. So for anyone considering upgrading their exhaust - watch out for drone before you buy.

Sorry I will have to defer, at least outside of Madison. My son and I might drive around Madison Friday night. Or do work on the car in the garage and wash it.

This weekend has gotten out of hand in terms of commitments. LOL
      08-12-2022, 09:16 AM   #80
ericj0n
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 comp xdrive

Quote:

I won't be able to meet up for a few weeks until I get my exhaust replaced. I have both resonators removed with an x-pipe added but now I'm also looking to possibly improve the cat-back system as well. I love the sound with the resonators removed, but it's still mild enough and doesn't drone. Hopefully it won't be over the top with a new cat-back system too.

What coding changes can you do with the car other than remove the piped in engine sound?
      08-12-2022, 04:29 PM   #81
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericj0n View Post
I won't be able to meet up for a few weeks until I get my exhaust replaced. I have both resonators removed with an x-pipe added but now I'm also looking to possibly improve the cat-back system as well. I love the sound with the resonators removed, but it's still mild enough and doesn't drone. Hopefully it won't be over the top with a new cat-back system too.

What coding changes can you do with the car other than remove the piped in engine sound?
Most axle backs will give you some kind of drone. You can do B&W profile change, change number of times the turn signal goes off, ambient lighting, etc. I haven't done too much with bimmercode yet.
      08-12-2022, 08:43 PM   #82
8262S
Captain
Rep

So who was the black M3 on the north side of Madison tonight?

M cars must have the same "wave" as WRX's.

Sorry for the flash of the lights, just got a little excited there....
      08-12-2022, 08:46 PM   #83
8262S
Captain
Rep

I just installed the Tommy Garage mud flaps tonight and really like them. Very easy to install, low profile, and they seem to provide some good protection.
      08-19-2022, 10:34 PM   #84
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Would anyone want to meet up this weekend for lunch or just hang out for a bit?
      08-20-2022, 09:51 AM   #85
Bch53211
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Would anyone want to meet up this weekend for lunch or just hang out for a bit?
I can’t believe it but I’m still waiting on a part for my car and dealer still can’t say when it will arrive. They originally said 2-3 weeks it’s now been 3 months.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 10:25 AM   #86
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
I can’t believe it but I’m still waiting on a part for my car and dealer still can’t say when it will arrive. They originally said 2-3 weeks it’s now been 3 months.
Can BMW USA do anything about this? You should be allowed to turn in the car and start over at this point.. absolutely frustrating situation.
      08-20-2022, 12:39 PM   #87
Bch53211
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Can BMW USA do anything about this? You should be allowed to turn in the car and start over at this point.. absolutely frustrating situation.
BMW financial is telling me they will consider compensation but I have to wait until my car is repaired and returned to me to start the process. What the compensation will be they haven’t said but I think the equivalent of one or two lease payments is in order. Ive only been dealing w bmw financial I haven’t gotten bmw na involved at this point. Couldn’t hurt. I’m perfectly happy with my car it has no body damage and should be repaired as new so I don’t really want to start all over at this point. It only has 700 miles and if it makes any sense I’ve kind of already “bonded” with it .
Appreciate 1
MMM.PWR3452.00
      09-03-2022, 09:38 AM   #88
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Anybody want to meet up at some point this (long) weekend?